Fresno State- 1993 & 2009

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

When it mattered, Wyoming won the big one over Fresno State.

In 1993 FSU brought future 1st round draft pick and Super Bowl MVP Trent Dilfer to Laramie. As Fresno began to drive for a score that would put the game out of reach late in the first half, I finished my flask of whiskey and walked over behind the Fresno bench and relentlessly heckled their kicker as he warmed up. The drive stalled, he trotted out for a routine field goal and MISSED IT. Wyoming roared back in the second half and beat the Bulldogs 32-28. They ended up tied for the WAC championship.

In 2009 Wyoming faced Fresno in the New Mexico Bowl. Wyoming brought Austyn Carta-Samuels, Alvester Alexander, and several thousand rabid fans. Fresno brought NCAA rushing champion Ryan Matthews and about 273 fans. Pokes won a two overtime thriller 35-28.

We can do this.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

GOWYO wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:15 pm When it mattered, Wyoming won the big one over Fresno State.

In 1993 FSU brought future 1st round draft pick and Super Bowl MVP Trent Dilfer to Laramie. As Fresno began to drive for a score that would put the game out of reach late in the first half, I finished my flask of whiskey and walked over behind the Fresno bench and relentlessly heckled their kicker as he warmed up. The drive stalled, he trotted out for a routine field goal and MISSED IT. Wyoming roared back in the second half and beat the Bulldogs 32-28. They ended up tied for the WAC championship.

In 2009 Wyoming faced Fresno in the New Mexico Bowl. Wyoming brought Austyn Carta-Samuels, Alvester Alexander, and several thousand rabid fans. Fresno brought NCAA rushing champion Ryan Matthews and about 273 fans. Pokes won a two overtime thriller 35-28.

We can do this.
I was at that 1993 game. If I remember correctly one of our cornerbacks or safeties was defending a pass play and ran into a fence they had at the back of the end zone and knocked out his teeth. Can't remember who that was now. Maybe someone else will remember?

That was a fun game to be at.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
wyopig
Ranch Hand

seattlecowboy wrote:
GOWYO wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:15 pm When it mattered, Wyoming won the big one over Fresno State.

We can do this.
I was at that 1993 game. If I remember correctly one of our cornerbacks or safeties was defending a pass play and ran into a fence they had at the back of the end zone and knocked out his teeth. Can't remember who that was now. Maybe someone else will remember?

I was at both games, and I was right next to the fence when that happened. I don’t remember the player either. The comeback was incredible though. It’s on that UW video archive website.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

wyopig wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 pm
seattlecowboy wrote:

We can do this.

I was at both games, and I was right next to the fence when that happened. I don’t remember the player either. The comeback was incredible though. It’s on that UW video archive website.
Please tell me about "that UW video archive website" Link?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

GOWYO wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:22 pm
wyopig wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 pm
seattlecowboy wrote:

We can do this.

Please tell me about "that UW video archive website" Link?

This should be it. You can watch old Cowboy basketball or Football games on here. Roaches teams or Brandenburgs teams and more.

https://rmoa.unm.edu/docviewer.php?docI ... 515001.xml

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
FresnoStDoggies
Buckaroo

I was at the 2009 bowl game, it was a great game, aside from the losing part. Met some cool wyoming fans before the game and loved their attitude. You really did bring a lot of fans. Im hoping we can have another great game tomoro, but hope we win it this time!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

FresnoStDoggies wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:49 pm I was at the 2009 bowl game, it was a great game, aside from the losing part. Met some cool wyoming fans before the game and loved their attitude. You really did bring a lot of fans. Im hoping we can have another great game tomoro, with you guys winning again!
Fixed for posterity.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

We can do this.
That goal line stand in the first OT of the NMB in '09 is my favorite moment of WY football.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."