Bohl rumors.......

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Tennessee fans are starting to get in a tizzy that they think that Jon Gruden will be coming out of retirement to coach the Vols. Lots of "a reliable source says" and "according to someone I know that knows a guy that knows the AD's dog..." getting thrown around.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:25 pm Tennessee fans are starting to get in a tizzy that they think that Jon Gruden will be coming out of retirement to coach the Vols. Lots of "a reliable source says" and "according to someone I know that knows a guy that knows the AD's dog..." getting thrown around.
Not that it's worth anything right now but he is the Vegas favorite for the Vols at +180
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

If Nebraska wants Frost, they will have to outbid Florida. I wouldn't worry about Bohl going anywhere other than Nebraska. I know that Bohl was essentially blamed for the Corn's meltdown in 2001 but as coaching hires go, a new AD (like Nebraska now has) usually hires from the opposite side of the spectrum as the coach that just got fired. They haven't hired a "Nebraska Guy" in the last 3 hires. If they can't outbid Florida or appeal to Frost's sense of loyalty, I would be very worried about Bohl leaving.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

cowpoke pride wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:43 pm If Nebraska wants Frost, they will have to outbid Florida. I wouldn't worry about Bohl going anywhere other than Nebraska. I know that Bohl was essentially blamed for the Corn's meltdown in 2001 but as coaching hires go, a new AD (like Nebraska now has) usually hires from the opposite side of the spectrum as the coach that just got fired. They haven't hired a "Nebraska Guy" in the last 3 hires. If they can't outbid Florida or appeal to Frost's sense of loyalty, I would be very worried about Bohl leaving.
I don't think I'd worry much about Bohl leaving unless he gets to 10 wins this year. Even then, Nebraska would look at our record and realize he has had some bad years and he might have to do the same there.

They do have a difference in athleticism and talent than us, but I still don't think Bohl would get a few losing seasons before being shown the door while trying to build the program he wants.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, I doubt the Husker fandom has the patience to build a program up from whatever it is Riley has been trying to implement. They're more in the "we want 10+ wins NOW!" mentality.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

In my opinion there is a zero percent chance Nebraska hires Bohl, not worried in the slightest about them.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Poke-proud wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:56 am
stymeman wrote:Craig Bohl ain't going ANYWHERE, ANYTIME SOON!!!! Building a culture here and seems to love Laramie and Wyoming, rumors are just that, thanx try again!!!
"try again". WTH, you think I want to see Bohl leave?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
now you are 2nd guessing how I answer this??? Hmmmmm, it was more directed to the "experts" that think they know everything about a coach and his thoughts etc....cuz if it's printed it's true right???? But I will say we'll really see how good of a coach and staff we've got next year w/o Josh and all the trials and tribulations that is Wyoming football....alls I want is competitiveness and being in each and every game, said it a million times and Bowl games are a good extra, so is that enough for you and what I "think"
dapokes
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:59 am
stymeman wrote:Craig Bohl ain't going ANYWHERE, ANYTIME SOON!!!! Building a culture here and seems to love Laramie and Wyoming, rumors are just that, thanx try again!!!

now you are 2nd guessing how I answer this??? Hmmmmm, it was more directed to the "experts" that think they know everything about a coach and his thoughts etc....cuz if it's printed it's true right???? But I will say we'll really see how good of a coach and staff we've got next year w/o Josh and all the trials and tribulations that is Wyoming football....alls I want is competitiveness and being in each and every game, said it a million times and Bowl games are a good extra, so is that enough for you and what I "think"
I think it's almost more indicative on if Granderson plays his senior year. Our defense is as nasty as I've ever seen it right now. Granderson is such a monster on the defense...to stay in games, we will with him and all the returning players on defense.

If competitive is what you're worried about, rest assured this is not the ceiling of Bohl's tenure. Honestly Josh is going to go down as an all time favorite, but his draft pick only helps recruiting more. If he continues on to be like Wentz, it's only going to increase our program.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

dapokes wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:24 pm If competitive is what you're worried about, rest assured this is not the ceiling of Bohl's tenure. Honestly Josh is going to go down as an all time favorite, but his draft pick only helps recruiting more. If he continues on to be like Wentz, it's only going to increase our program.
Bingo.

Honestly, some people said the same thing about Brian Hill last year.....guess what, we're still 7-3.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 pm
dapokes wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:24 pm If competitive is what you're worried about, rest assured this is not the ceiling of Bohl's tenure. Honestly Josh is going to go down as an all time favorite, but his draft pick only helps recruiting more. If he continues on to be like Wentz, it's only going to increase our program.
Bingo.

Honestly, some people said the same thing about Brian Hill last year.....guess what, we're still 7-3.
That's true, but holy cow do we miss Brian Hill.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

But isn’t it crazy we may win more games without him

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

NowherePoke wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 am
joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 pm
Bingo.

That's true, but holy cow do we miss Brian Hill.
To say the least, truly wonder what if if he woulda stayed, a record that's gonna be hard to break anyway, but if he stayed "untouchable"...sigh, Beat Denver this weekend Bengals, LOL
Wicks
Blog Team

303cowboy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:49 am In my opinion there is a zero percent chance Nebraska hires Bohl, not worried in the slightest about them.
This is the correct answer, this is a make or break hire for Nebraska football and their new AD. He would not be able to sell a Bohl hire to the fanbase.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote:

Don't really care. Arrogance isn't "becoming", really could care less what you "think"! It was really more "rhetorical", so really dont need an answer.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 amThat's true, but holy cow do we miss Brian Hill.
Of course. Just like we'll miss Josh. But they'll keep bringing guys in.

The running game has struggled much more than I ever thought they would. But they're still winning. At the end of the day, as long as the good guys have more points than the bad guys, I don't really care how we got there.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:57 am But isn’t it crazy we may win more games without him

It is really. Obviously a huge part of that is the growth and improvement of the defense (props to Hazelton and the staff as well) and we have seen improvement in Special Teams (they were the difference in both the UH and CSU wins).
dapokes
Ranch Hand

I think a lot of credit to the defense also needs to be given to the Safeties coach we picked up in the off-season away from South Dakota St. That guy is flying up the coaching tree really fast.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Well, hate to be "that guy", but a pretty big 'Husker booster told me this morning that Nebraska already talked to Bohl and that Bohl's initial response has been, "Not interested."
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Wyovanian wrote:Well, hate to be "that guy", but a pretty big 'Husker booster told me this morning that Nebraska already talked to Bohl and that Bohl's initial response has been, "Not interested."
Cool [emoji106]

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyovanian wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:53 pm Well, hate to be "that guy", but a pretty big 'Husker booster told me this morning that Nebraska already talked to Bohl and that Bohl's initial response has been, "Not interested."

Sorry, just had to. Haven't even watched wrestling since the WCW was folded into the (at the time) WWF (now WWE).