Bohl rumors.......

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Nebraska can hire Chip Kelly. Shake things up a little with their boring team.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

According to this article, Nebraska has contacted UCF re: Frost.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... jvhmgft8t2
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

cowboyz wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:58 am Nebraska can hire Chip Kelly. Shake things up a little with their boring team.
That was my initial though when they (Neb) hired Moos as AD. Moos used to be the AD at Oregon, and I believe he hired Chip. Having said all that, I think Chip either takes the Florida job or the UCLA job if/when it opens.

Im sure Nebraska is targeting Frost. Question is does he want the job? Wouldn't be surprised if he chose Florida over Nebraska if offered both for recruiting reasons. Sure it would be cool to go back to your alma mater, but seems like it would be a much easier path to win at Florida.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Scott Frost will absolutely be Nebraska's first choice. Frost may be the hottest head coach candidate for a P5 program right now. There are easier schools to recruit at than Nebraska and that may be the one thing that sways Frost to look elsewhere. Otherwise it would be tough to turn down your alma mater, a school that lives for football, if they call come calling.
I'm good for 3!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

I am not worried about Bohl leaving for Nebraska. Bohl in his interviews has said some things that makes me think the way he left Nebraska left a bad taste about big time football, and Lincoln in particular, in his mouth. I think this is one of the reasons he went to Wyoming. It was a program, and honestly fanbase, that would give him time to instill the culture he wants. P5 programs, and perhaps more importantly P5 fanbases, willing to do that are quickly diminishing in number.

Now granted I could be totally wrong, but if Bohl leaves, I don't think it is going to be for Nebraska.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote:Craig Bohl ain't going ANYWHERE, ANYTIME SOON!!!! Building a culture here and seems to love Laramie and Wyoming, rumors are just that, thanx try again!!!
"try again". WTH, you think I want to see Bohl leave?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

wyoair wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am
carbonpoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:21 am The off season hiring always comes down to timing and what's available. There are teams with current vacancies trying to get head coaches right now... Tennessee.

If the huskers wait to fire, the pool could change. Too much guessing going on right now, but there is no denying that Bohl is on the good list of hot coaches. I think it's frost position to lose, mainly do to cowboyhusker's post. I'm hoping the Vols go after Les miles. Oregon state is still without. There will be other big money jobs opening I'm sure. I'm really glad Minnesota took fleck last year. I'm feeling a California or Arizona school could make a change. Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Arizona or ASU... They seems to be treading water right now. I don't pay attention much to schools to the east of Nebraska.

All that said, I think we are in a pretty decent situation in keeping Bohl. Ndsu current coach isn't so bad himself. There are options for us if we do lose Bohl, which I don't think we will. Other than bouknight, are there any other alum coaches out there?

Crazy story... One of my brothers was a QB for Rawlins before I was, his time was late eighties. I can't remember the head coaches name at Rawlins, but I know he went to Mountain View after Rawlins. His name was a candidate for a uw position back in the day. Early 90s. Not that I want a highschool coach like unlv... But it is interesting to think about. God I can't remember that coaches name from Rawlins. He was a damn good coach though.
Don Dinnel I believe it was. He came back to Rawlins and coached my my senior year and for a few years after that before going to Evanston.
I just got done playing seven degrees of Kevin bacon to figure this poop out. So dinnel did go to Mountain View but was an assistant under murrey at Rawlins. Murrey went back to Michigan. When Rawlins went to the state championship in 88 or 87, can't remember which one, they played Sheridan. Sheridan stompt us. They were coached by Don Julian, whom was a legend. He ended at laramie at uw with Joe Glenn. Took my dad and I few texts to figure that poop out.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 pm
carbonpoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:21 am The off season hiring always comes down to timing and what's available. There are teams with current vacancies trying to get head coaches right now... Tennessee.

If the huskers wait to fire, the pool could change. Too much guessing going on right now, but there is no denying that Bohl is on the good list of hot coaches. I think it's frost position to lose, mainly do to cowboyhusker's post. I'm hoping the Vols go after Les miles. Oregon state is still without. There will be other big money jobs opening I'm sure. I'm really glad Minnesota took fleck last year. I'm feeling a California or Arizona school could make a change. Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Arizona or ASU... They seems to be treading water right now. I don't pay attention much to schools to the east of Nebraska.

All that said, I think we are in a pretty decent situation in keeping Bohl. Ndsu current coach isn't so bad himself. There are options for us if we do lose Bohl, which I don't think we will. Other than bouknight, are there any other alum coaches out there?

Crazy story... One of my brothers was a QB for Rawlins before I was, his time was late eighties. I can't remember the head coaches name at Rawlins, but I know he went to Mountain View after Rawlins. His name was a candidate for a uw position back in the day. Early 90s. Not that I want a highschool coach like unlv... But it is interesting to think about. God I can't remember that coaches name from Rawlins. He was a damn good coach though.
Don Dinnel I believe it was. He came back to Rawlins and coached my my senior year and for a few years after that before going to Evanston.
I just got done playing seven degrees of Kevin bacon to figure this poop out. So dinnel did go to Mountain View but was an assistant under murrey at Rawlins. Murrey went back to Michigan. When Rawlins went to the state championship in 88 or 87, can't remember which one, they played Sheridan. Sheridan stompt us. They were coached by Don Julian, whom was a legend. He ended at laramie at uw with Joe Glenn. Took my dad and I few texts to figure that poop out.
Don Julian definitely wasn't the coach at Sheridan in 87-88, he may have still been a student in high school or college at that point. Julian coached at Riverton in the 90's, won a ton of games there. Then he went to UW around 2003-2004 and was there for 3-5 years. After that he left and went to Sheridan where he has been since.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

f-word, I cant close the loop. I know it's there somewhere. I know Julian was at kemmerer. It's nice trying to connect ancient history. It's like archeology
Cowduck
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Don Julian definitely wasn't the coach at Sheridan in 87-88, he may have still been a student in high school or college at that point. Julian coached at Riverton in the 90's, won a ton of games there. Then he went to UW around 2003-2004 and was there for 3-5 years. After that he left and went to Sheridan where he has been since.
Bruce Keith would have been the coach at Sheridan High in the 80s and early 90s - by the time he left in 93 the program was a bona fide dynasty (four consecutive state titles and five of six from 90-95). Don Julian has really done wonders there in the last decade and made SHS a dynasty again.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:35 pm f-word, I cant close the loop. I know it's there somewhere. I know Julian was at kemmerer. It's nice trying to connect ancient history. It's like archeology
CarbonPoke - perhaps this site will help you research your problem: http://wyoming-football.com
wyoair
Ranch Hand

That's right, Bill Murray was head coach with Dinnel as assistant, then Hanson took over. Surprisingly Dinnel only lasted 3 years in Evanston but he only was in Rawlins for 2. He had Mountain View winning 2A consistently. I'm not sure what happened to him after.
Last edited by wyoair on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:35 pm f-word, I cant close the loop. I know it's there somewhere. I know Julian was at kemmerer. It's nice trying to connect ancient history. It's like archeology
Julian is from Kemmerer originally. Not sure if he ever actually coached there, and even so it was probably as an assistant, not head.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:38 pm
Julian is from Kemmerer originally. Not sure if he ever actually coached there, and even so it was probably as an assistant, not head.
Kemmerer was a powerhouse under John Scott. I don't think Julian was ever the head coach there.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:41 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:38 pm
Kemmerer was a powerhouse under John Scott. I don't think Julian was ever the head coach there.
Yep, Kemmerer won 2 state titles under Scott. Then he left for Campbell County where he won more and then went to Colorado where he started a new program (Thunder Mountain maybe?) before he was tabbed the head coach at Black Hills State. Didn't do so well there and I think he was out of the game for a few years before returning to coach Tongue River high school before resigning last year.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

That website helped. But still didn't get me where I need to get to. I think the connection is coach Hansen. He was on staff for both my brother and me.

I think this is the situation... I think dinnel was the d coordinator, Murray was the head coach, but offensive coordinator might be the guy I'm thinking of. Hansen is probably the guy that gave me the info when I was a freshman in 94. Doesn't really matter, and is pretty irrelevant to Bohl. But nice to think back. There are good coaches and have been some great ones in Wyoming. Not sure if any would cut the mustard at uw... But some have tried.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Yeah fun to reminisce. Anyways sounds like Florida will go with Chip Kelly. So Frost to Nebraska looks inevitable. Tennessee my guess will look for a proven coach at a high level not a hot coordinator or coach lower conference. Miles maybe? Another name I would be looking out for with any college HC job is Bobby Petrino. His buyout is very little now that the AD has been fired and he will be wanting to get out of Louisville before the boom comes.

https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/statu ... rch-rumors
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Just my opinion...but I think Frost goes to Florida. He runs the spread. Nebraska wants a pro-style offense. I think Bohl will be at Wyoming for the rest of his career. And...I think he will build our program to be at NY6 bowls.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Frost is going to Nebraska. The insiders I have with connections to the Nebraska program have mentioned that Riley will step down at the end of the year due to family health issues and that Frost is likely looking at a job of around 5 years 25 million. Do some other research and you'll see that Florida has moved on from Frost and he is wanting to be back home.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

While Frost is from there and could want to go home there's plenty of other offers that will be flying his way. Tennessee, Florida, probably A&M, probably UCLA, Mullen at Miss State has come up so that could be one, Ole Miss could be one. Matt Campbell at Iowa State will be another name to watch, but he has a $10 mil buyout so maybe not