Common opponents with Fresno

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Common opponents
New Mexico: Fresno 38-0; Wyoming 42-3
Hawaii: Fresno 31-21; Wyoming 28-21

Looks like a pretty even matchup, if those are any indication
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Pokes seem to win games with takeaways. I would like to compare Fresno and Wyo. in that stat in those two games.
sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 pm Common opponents

Wyoming had an advantage in both of those games, they were both home games for Wyoming.
Fresno had to travel to Hawaii to play that game, which was compounded by a weather delay.
Wyoming gained 2 turnovers in the Hawaii game and 7 turnovers in the New Mexico game.
Fresno gained 1 turnover in the Hawaii game and 1 turnover in the New Mexico game.
Fresno had 935 yds total offense in both games, Wyoming had 575 yds in both games.
Fresno tends to win games with actual offense and not take aways like Wyoming usually does.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Gotcha. So playing defense and generating turnovers is a negative now.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Gotcha. So playing defense and generating turnovers is a negative now.
Good thing we shut down the best Offenses in the MW.

Still going to be tough relying on our D for every game but it’s worked so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Common Opponents

All Opponenents
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

WyoBrandX wrote:Common Opponents

All Opponenents
That's a cool app! What is it?
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 pm
WyoBrandX wrote:Common Opponents

All Opponenents
That's a cool app! What is it?
I just grabbed a screenshot from http://myteamsbetter.com/ .

http://www.cfbanalytics.com/ looks pretty cool

As well as http://www.winsipedia.com/compare
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

sbbulldog85 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Wyoming had an advantage in both of those games, they were both home games for Wyoming.
Fresno had to travel to Hawaii to play that game, which was compounded by a weather delay.
Wyoming gained 2 turnovers in the Hawaii game and 7 turnovers in the New Mexico game.
Fresno gained 1 turnover in the Hawaii game and 1 turnover in the New Mexico game.
Fresno had 935 yds total offense in both games, Wyoming had 575 yds in both games.
Fresno tends to win games with actual offense and not take aways like Wyoming usually does.
Good thing this is a home game for Wyoming you poop. Can't wait to see what Tedford does to your APR in a few years. :lol:
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Those stats are great. It's going to be a really good game.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

lol didn't take much for Fresno fans to become arrogant again.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

J-Rod wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 am lol didn't take much for Fresno fans to become arrogant again.
Was thinking the same thing. What a bunch of douchebags. Maybe it is a Cali thing, as they are acting a lot like the scum from SD.

Then again, I lobbied for Tedford to be Wyoming's coach when DC was poop-canned. I have always thought in the right place he would be a good fit. Glad to have Bohl though, and am certainly ok w/out Tedford at Wyoming!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Mxpro32
Buckaroo

Bunch of douchebags? This is one guy. Come by our board and I think you’ll find almost no Fresno fans are cocky and arrogant, especially after losing to unlv. I think you’ll find a level headed realistic fan base that’s excited bulldog football is somewhat relevant again. S Bulldogs is a cool dude, but the last sentence was a bit too far, otherwise, it’s fun to analyze and discuss facts. I’m nervous about this game. I expect a low score barring freak plays. Looking forward to it.
Raisinsofwrath
Buckaroo

Going to be a great competitive game....

Fresno's best "O" player is their RS freshman LG...

WR group was described by Bama's scout board admin as as good as any in the SEC. Dog QB is OK.. not great, but seems to get the job done. RB's are small & fast but freshman...

The play a bend but don't break "D", an accurate QB gives them trouble, along with runs inside the tackles. pound the ball inside with pinpoint accuracy on short throws in the zone has worked against The D. Great speed on the outside & in the DB's, not to many teams have gotten outside on runs, & very few behind them.

Hope Josh can play, I live in Reedley & watched him play a couple of times @ RC....best thing that happened to him is not coming to Fresno & being coached by our ex HC... what a disaster he was...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Well luckily, your California flatlanders will get to experience Laramie, Wyoming in late November. Nothing says offensive football like hands of ice, slippery grass, howling winds, and a crowd full of people that seem to enjoy that kind of weather. No one with frozen hands has ever fumbled. No one passing a ball in a 20 mile an hour crosswind has ever thrown an interception.

The conditions in Laramie in late November are PERFECT for "actual offense".

All 30 turnovers we generated we're accidental. We're just the luckiest sons of bitches you've ever seen.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Pretty sure I've heard someone say defense wins games let alone championships, since we probably won't play for a championship I'll just stick with defense wins games since you preventing the other team from scoring and taking the ball away from them isn't a good thing. :roll:
Raisinsofwrath
Buckaroo

Cowboy Junky wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Well luckily, your California flatlanders will get to experience Laramie, Wyoming in late November. Nothing says offensive football like hands of ice, slippery grass, howling winds, and a crowd full of people that seem to enjoy that kind of weather. No one with frozen hands has ever fumbled. No one passing a ball in a 20 mile an hour crosswind has ever thrown an interception.

The conditions in Laramie in late November are PERFECT for setting offensive records.

All 30 turnovers we generated we're accidental. We're just the luckiest sons of bitches you've ever seen.
Well, hopefully that powers that schedule games will be fair & schedule the Pokes the first couple weeks in sept next yr in Fresno........ was 109 the first game this yr & 105 the next weekend...
perfect weather for folks from the Tundra to melt in.... :D
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:Gotcha. So playing defense and generating turnovers is a negative now.
[emoji23] [emoji817]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roozy
Ranch Hand

Let's not forget that Fresno has only won one time out of four trips to Laramie.... And that was DC's last season. Something to be said for homefield advantage in this series.
Jesus First, then football
FresnoStDoggies
Buckaroo

The conditions in Laramie in late November are PERFECT for "actual offense".

I had an internship in Casper, boy did I dress wrong. Shorts and tshirt, but show up in Wyo where its -23. Weather will definitely play a part in the game, hopefully Tedfords experience in Canada will help him prep the guys as much as possible for cold weather.