Common opponents with Fresno

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

roozy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:37 pm Let's not forget that Fresno has only won one time out of four trips to Laramie.... And that was DC's last season. Something to be said for homefield advantage in this series.
The series between the two programs is 5 and 5. Fresno has not lost a game in Laramie in over 20 years. LOL
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

FresnoStDoggies wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 pm Common opponents
New Mexico: Fresno 38-0; Wyoming 42-3
Hawaii: Fresno 31-21; Wyoming 28-21

Well luckily, your California flatlanders will get to experience Laramie, Wyoming in late November. Nothing says offensive football like hands of ice, slippery grass, howling winds, and a crowd full of people that seem to enjoy that kind of weather. No one with frozen hands has ever fumbled. No one passing a ball in a 20 mile an hour crosswind has ever thrown an interception.

The conditions in Laramie in late November are PERFECT for "actual offense".

All 30 turnovers we generated we're accidental. We're just the luckiest sons of bitches you've ever seen.
I had an internship in Casper, boy did I dress wrong. Shorts and tshirt, but show up in Wyo where its -23. Weather will definitely play a part in the game, hopefully Tedfords experience in Canada will help him prep the guys as much as possible for cold weather.
He would have better luck if he were preparing a bunch of Canadians.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

There aren't any great teams (relative to all of CFB) in the MWC and really not many (If any) good teams. If a truly good team exists in the MWC, it won't be on the field in Laramie Sat.

Reality is that the MWC is chalk full of varying degrees of mediocrity followed by some really terrible teams.

End result is a large degree of parity and a few blowouts. This game should fall under the parity category.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:52 pm There aren't any great teams (relative to all of CFB) in the MWC and really not many (If any) good teams. If a truly good team exists in the MWC, it won't be on the field in Laramie Sat.

Reality is that the MWC is chalk full of varying degrees of mediocrity followed by some really terrible teams.

End result is a large degree of parity and a few blowouts. This game should fall under the parity category.
I am not concerned about what team is average, below average or above average.
Only thing I am concerned with is Fresno winning the game on Saturday and punching their ticket to the CCG.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

sbbulldog85 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:52 pm There aren't any great teams (relative to all of CFB) in the MWC and really not many (If any) good teams. If a truly good team exists in the MWC, it won't be on the field in Laramie Sat.

Only thing I am concerned with is Fresno winning the game on Saturday and punching their ticket to the CCG.
Yeah I would have to agree with you obviously I want Wyoming to win. However whether teams are average great or sub par the main goal each and every year is conference championships. Anything on top is gravy.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

sbbulldog85 wrote:
WTH does this have to do with price of tea in China?

Thread is about the matchup and comparing common opponents. Comparing a bunch of varying degrees of mediocre (at best) teams is pretty much irrelevant. Because the MWC is so mediocre (at best), most matchups should be relatively competitive.

Of course everyone hopes their team wins.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

This could be a 17-14 type game. And I think the kicking game could be a big factor.

Coldest gametime temp Fresno has played in this year is 62 degrees with 3 mph wind. They needed a 4th quarter TD to slip by the unstoppable BYU Cougars 20-13 (did I lay on my sarcasm thick enough?).

Saturday will probably be about 30 degrees at gametime, with 20 mph wind.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Cold and windy. Perfect. If we jump on them early, we will win.