Any word on Allen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/930120112035610624
Brandon Foster coming through in the clutch.

All things considered, it could have been much worse. I would not be shocked to see Josh with a clipboard and visor until the bowl game. I think we have two games ahead of that our defense alone will keep us close and I think we can easily split (or maybe sweep) without putting Josh through undue stress and unnecessary hits.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

From google:

Most patients with acromioclavicular joint injury start to feel better within a few days or a week of the injury. However, full ligament healing will take at least six weeks. During this time it is important to protect your AC joint ligaments from overstretching the immature scar tissue.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Unfortunately, I think that was the last time we will see J.A. in a Cowboy uniform. Not by his choosing though....he has said numerous times that because of what the Cowboys did for him, he will do whatever he can to help us win. I hope he plays in the bowl!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyoming will win these last two games whether Josh plays or not.

San Jose St. Is the worst team in FBS. So not even worried about that game.

As far as Fresno St. goes I have watched them play and they aren't that great. Wyoming will shut their offense down. BYU should have beat them at Fresno a couple weeks ago and UNLV did beat them. The only reason people think they are decent is because of their win over SDSU. While it was a good win you have to remember SDSU was coming off of a big loss to Boise the week before and had a giant hangover going into the Fresno game and basically let Boise beat them twice. If SDSU played Fresno again they would dominate them.

The rest of the west is just terrible.

Wyoming at home in November with our defense will beat Fresno with Smith or Allen at QB. Wyoming will be 9-3 going into the bowl game. You can mark it down.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think he plays in a bowl game so he can show how healthy he is.

Hopefully we get a late December bowl game he should at full strength at that point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I wish we had San Jose this week and Fresno next week. I know josh had this game circled on the calendar and really deserves to play

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 225 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:04 am Wyoming will win these last two games whether Josh plays or not.

Wyoming at home in November with our defense will beat Fresno with Smith or Allen at QB. Wyoming will be 9-3 going into the bowl game. You can mark it down.
Wow, I love your optimism but I disagree. Fresno is a really good team with a good defense from the games that I have watched. They are going to tee off on Smith; we will need a creative scheme to just keep Smith upright. I am expecting a lot of read-option/wildcat type plays from our offense. Our defense is great (especially at forcing turnovers) but expecting them to shutout Fresno is a lot to ask. Perhaps we can get a defensive score or two and that would greatly improve our chances.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Fresno is good. Without Josh I think we're definitely the underdogs.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:Fresno is good. Without Josh I think we're definitely the underdogs.
I agree, and without a running game. A lot to ask of a young QB.

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Fresno's a pretty balanced team, and they take care of the ball. It wasn't going to be an easy win with Allen, so it most certainly won't be without him.

That said, I think Smith has a chance to surprise us in a positive way. That pass to Woods was really nice, and after catching Allen's bullets, I think all our receivers will have an easy time helping Smith out as they should have a little extra time to adjust to the ball. Ball control will be the #1 concern, but if Smith utilizes all the weapons available to him, we should be able to move the sticks. We don't need 50 yard completions. 10 Yard strikes to our tight ends or even runningbacks will be enough to make us difficult to shut down. We've seen 25 receptions by runningbacks (and Van Maanen) so far. Another 5-10 in this game, and we're in business.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke-proud wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 am
LanderPoke wrote:Fresno is good. Without Josh I think we're definitely the underdogs.
I agree, and without a running game. A lot to ask of a young QB.

Well Smith isn't exactly young...he has been in college football the same number of years as Josh Allen.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:13 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:04 am Wyoming will win these last two games whether Josh plays or not.

Wow, I love your optimism but I disagree. Fresno is a really good team with a good defense from the games that I have watched. They are going to tee off on Smith; we will need a creative scheme to just keep Smith upright. I am expecting a lot of read-option/wildcat type plays from our offense. Our defense is great (especially at forcing turnovers) but expecting them to shutout Fresno is a lot to ask. Perhaps we can get a defensive score or two and that would greatly improve our chances.
I'm not trying to be optomistic. I have watched Fresno the last couple weeks and they aren't that good. They are just playing terrible teams and still almost getting beat or getting beat (UNLV). They would have lost to BYU if Magnum didn't get knocked out of the game.

I also think Smith is going to show everyone he is a lot better than people think. Even if he doesn't Fresno will have a lot of trouble scoring against us.
They had a lot of trouble moving the ball against BYU at home.

Wyoming will beat them. Wyoming won't need to score that much to win. 20 points should get it done.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/930149435568467969
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 pm https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/930149435568467969
Well that is fantastic news!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

The x-rays must have come back with no indication of a tear which is good news.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/PokesAuthority/stat ... 4098113536 https://twitter.com/PokesAuthority/stat ... 1406728192
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

My gut told me this wasn’t season ending. Josh was too chill on the sideline. Might still be a stretch for him to play this week but good to know they expect him cleared to throw

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Even though it'd be sweet to improve our chances of beating Fresno State, I'd rather Allen got enough rest that he doesn't risk further injury before whatever bowl game we end up in.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

I disagree; if there is any way Josh plays this week, he will.

He has a score to settle/point to prove against Fresno State.

ww
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I just listened to the press conference and he indicated that he expects to have josh back this week.