To those who actually thought we would be 6-3...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Take you truth serum first. Did you ever imagine THIS was how we were going to get here? I didn't. I think Bohl has a special way of motivating achievement on the football field.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming is 14-7 during the last two regular seasons(minus the bowl game and the MW championship game).

Last year we went 8-4 with a defense that gave up 700 yards to New Mexico, and this year we're 6-3 with an offense that hasn't clicked all season.

It's amazing what a winning mentality can do for a program.

One of these years we'll have both a good offense and a great defense.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I was pretty close in my prediction of 9 wins as a whole and it’s looking like at worst we should have 7 wins and I would say neither Fresno or airforce are going to be major favorites so 9 wins is a big possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Here.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

S/O to the fair weather fans post-Oregon. Welcome back bitches
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I'm still where I was before this game. Love the ability to find the W. I like Bohl and the direction of the program. Ws matter most.

I'm still really concerned about the o.

Nonetheless, excited for a team that scraps to get the win.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

GOWYO wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 pm Take you truth serum first. Did you ever imagine THIS was how we were going to get here?
No. But to be honest, I don't care. It doesn't really matter to me how we win games. A 7-6 win is worth the same amount as a 41-0 win in the final standings.

I had a pretty good feeling about the defense early on. Since that point, I haven't been overly worried that the run game hasn't dominated or that Josh hasn't really had much sustained success. The nice thing about a dominant defense is it lowers the amount of points you need to produce on an average night.

I would have to check, but I would think it's been awhile since a Wyoming defense has performed at this level game in and game out. Last night was the third time allowing less than 14 points.

Oregon was the only time the opponent has scored more than 24 points in a game. It happened 11 times last season.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:09 pm
GOWYO wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 pm Take you truth serum first. Did you ever imagine THIS was how we were going to get here?
No. But to be honest, I don't care. It doesn't really matter to me how we win games. A 7-6 win is worth the same amount as a 41-0 win in the final standings.

I had a pretty good feeling about the defense early on. Since that point, I haven't been overly worried that the run game hasn't dominated or that Josh hasn't really had much sustained success. The nice thing about a dominant defense is it lowers the amount of points you need to produce on an average night.

I would have to check, but I would think it's been awhile since a Wyoming defense has performed at this level game in and game out. Last night was the third time allowing less than 14 points.

Oregon was the only time the opponent has scored more than 24 points in a game. It happened 11 times last season.
Averaging 18.6. Best since 97 (17.5). Obviously that doesn't take into account the opponents but still, best in 20 years. Next closest was 22.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

Joe Glenn had some pretty stout defenses during his tenure. I remember Boise coming to town the year they Won their first Fiesta Bowl. We lost 17 10. Karsten Sween had a chance to become a Wyoming legend with a game winning drive late in the 4th tied at 10. Pick six and the rest was history. The only defense Boise didn't dominate that year was the pokes.

2006 was the year also had a 13 12 loss against Virginia 31 15 win over Utah. Had a shutout against the sheep. 14-10 win over New Mexico 38-7 win over Utah St. Total defense average was 260. That defense was probably comparable to this one.

The difference is the ability that this defense has to create turnovers. We have playmakers and are very athletic across the board.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Averaging 18.6. Best since 97 (17.5). Obviously that doesn't take into account the opponents but still, best in 20 years. Next closest was 22.
Also doesn't account for non defensive points against a game.

Meaning it's added in to the average
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:12 pm Wyoming is 14-7 during the last two regular seasons(minus the bowl game and the MW championship game).

Last year we went 8-4 with a defense that gave up 700 yards to New Mexico, and this year we're 6-3 with an offense that hasn't clicked all season.

It's amazing what a winning mentality can do for a program.

One of these years we'll have both a good offense and a great defense.
This! We always seem to have either or. Imagine what we could do with both!!! Having said that, I never dreamed they'd be 6-3 with the offense the way it is. Huge credit to the defense, because to say the defense is carrying the team might be the understatement of the year.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

I thought we had a chance to be 8 & 1, or at least 7 & 2. And frankly, we are fortunate to be 6 & 3 in my opinion - but I will take it! Still a shot at 10 wins...which would be a great shot in the arm for Wyoming Football.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

10 wins would be amazing. Even more so if it happened due to our running game breaking out. Whoever takes over after Allen next year will obviously be a drop in NFL talent, but maybe they'll still be able to occasionally use their legs while completing a higher percentage of the short passes.

In other words, I'm hopeful our offense doesn't take a huge step back without Allen. Almost everybody else will still be around, and our defense should largely remain the same as well.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

poke_addict wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Joe Glenn had some pretty stout defenses during his tenure. I remember Boise coming to town the year they Won their first Fiesta Bowl. We lost 17 10. Karsten Sween had a chance to become a Wyoming legend with a game winning drive late in the 4th tied at 10. Pick six and the rest was history. The only defense Boise didn't dominate that year was the pokes.

2006 was the year also had a 13 12 loss against Virginia 31 15 win over Utah. Had a shutout against the sheep. 14-10 win over New Mexico 38-7 win over Utah St. Total defense average was 260. That defense was probably comparable to this one.

The difference is the ability that this defense has to create turnovers. We have playmakers and are very athletic across the board.
Yeah I think I remember him and Breske having a top 20 or so D in 06 or so for part of that year at least. And with your other response, not only does that count defensive TDs in scoring, I'd bet this years has scored more than that 97 team too
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Was it Sween or Jacob Doss who threw the int? If If I remeber right it was Doss, than Sween took over the next game.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 pm Was it Sween or Jacob Doss who threw the int? If If I remeber right it was Doss, than Sween took over the next game.
Yeah that was Doss in 06
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

God damn I sound like Wyokie in this thread
dapokes
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 pm Was it Sween or Jacob Doss who threw the int? If If I remeber right it was Doss, than Sween took over the next game.
Doss....man that was the worst.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:40 pm
Yeah that was Doss in 06
It was Doss yes...I would have put money on it that it was sween. My memory is all fuzzy from that game The int was thrown on a game tying drive as well not winning. But regardless the defense played great.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:40 pm God damn I sound like Wyokie in this thread
:roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!