Huh? We are 3 point dogs to Air force!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I know they beat csewe but they got blanked by Army and are only 4-5 this year. They almost lost at home to UNLV, for god's sake. Bookies think we are lucky and or crappy on the road.

In a related game, csewe only +5 at home vs. Boise state. Another strange line based on recent history.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

if the game was in Laramie wyoming would be favored. We are in a difficult spot as we are playing at the academy and to add to that it is on veterans day and I'm sure they will be extra fired up. I do like our defense against an option game this year.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Bohl is 2-1 against AFA.....the only MW school he came into the season with 2 wins against.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

It's not that the bookies are disrespecting Wyoming. Their job is to set a line at which half of the money bet on the game falls on one side and the other half falls on the other.
We beat CSEwe despite being outgained by 50 yards, losing the turnover battle (-1), and getting clobbered in time of possession. Going on the road against the Zoomies on Veterans' Day, I'd say that might actually be a bit low. More like about a 6 point dog. Watch and see...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:11 pm It's not that the bookies are disrespecting Wyoming. Their job is to set a line at which half of the money bet on the game falls on one side and the other half falls on the other.
We beat CSEwe despite being outgained by 50 yards, losing the turnover battle (-1), and getting clobbered in time of possession. Going on the road against the Zoomies on Veterans' Day, I'd say that might actually be a bit low. More like about a 6 point dog. Watch and see...
Yeah, I get that. And for the most part, the lines in our games barely move during the week. So the bookies have been getting it right.
I know we've been bad on the road. But this is a team that has struggled against everyone, even the csewe game was very close into the 4th qtr. If our offense is ever to come alive, it's against Air Force. We have covered in every conference game this year. So I like us. But on your advice, I'll wait to get more points!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Sounds about right. Hopefully it'll provide a good dose of motivation for the team to be dogs!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

-3 is usually the line they give for home field advantage when the game is essentially a pick em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Bohl and company are finding ways to win despite matchup issues.

With that said, this game scares me. We have to run to win. The flyboys play good pass D but are somewhat vulnerable to the run.

If run game takes a step forward and continues to progress, we'll be in it. I'm worried the passing game really struggles in this one.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I'm feeling really good about this game. I think we win by a td and a fg.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am Bohl and company are finding ways to win despite matchup issues.

With that said, this game scares me. We have to run to win. The flyboys play good pass D but are somewhat vulnerable to the run.

If run game takes a step forward and continues to progress, we'll be in it. I'm worried the passing game really struggles in this one.
Agreed, but what gives me more hope than I would have is that Scottie seems to know how to defend the triple option
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:45 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am Bohl and company are finding ways to win despite matchup issues.

Agreed, but what gives me more hope than I would have is that Scottie seems to know how to defend the triple option
#91 Really enjoys being disruptive in the backfield, and when you try to go lateral rather than downfield, you're making it easier for him to shed his blocks too. :D
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 am I'm feeling really good about this game. I think we win by a td and a fg.
I am as well. I remember what good Air force teams look like. This ain't one of them. I watched them give up 56 points to New Mexico and they've given up 40 or more at least a couple of other games. I haven't seen good run or pass defense from this team. Josh should have a huge game this week.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

AF is #2 in the country for passing yards allowed/game. Granted some if that is because teams have been so successful with the run, they haven't needed to pass much. That and passes that are completed usually go for quite a few yards. These might be artificially inflating their pass D ranking, but I think they will be upper end of pass defenses we've faced.

We are probably the worst running team they have faced which is their biggest deficiency on D.

Excited to see this. You could be totally right and their pass D sucks. Our running is deficient, so we will be one of the teams that tries to throw on them more which could expose their pass D.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am I'm worried the passing game really struggles in this one.
With the God-awful start time, and the God-awful temperature at that time in November, and the God-awful possibility of God-awful bad weather, yes, the passing game could be a God-awful problem.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

In fairness to New Mexico, they didn't really run much of the traditional triple option. They got behind with some turnovers and threw more picks trying to play catch up. I liked what I saw against New Mexico; but not sure it is a great comparison.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

I'm personally scared for this game. Air Force coming off being shutout at home to Army and getting us on Veteran's day. I am thinking they will come out fired up.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:07 pm
In fairness to New Mexico, they didn't really run much of the traditional triple option. They got behind with some turnovers and threw more picks trying to play catch up. I liked what I saw against New Mexico; but not sure it is a great comparison.
That's fair but it still gives me more hope than Stanard vs UNM did
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Pretty sure that our d-line depth might have gone into consideration. We used to have depth. Good teams push through injuries.

Stop the full back dive at all costs. Our ends have been contain demons this year. I feel good outside of the hash marks.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

All I know is that army beat them 21-0 without attempting a pass

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

whyoh wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:34 pm All I know is that army beat them 21-0 without attempting a pass
Yes but Army is triple option with a huge variety of running plays compared to the Poke's up-the-middle with an occasional jet sweep. When the Pokes run, AFA knows exactly where it will go. A clever passing game will be the key.