What a memorable game!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The rain, the snow, the frustration, the defensive stands, the drive and the Victory!!!!! Feels so good. Love this team. Go, Pokes!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I am looking for highlights or a video of the touchdown drive. I had to miss the game and could only get spotty radio reception so I want to see a little of what happened.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WyoExpat wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 pm I am looking for highlights or a video of the touchdown drive. I had to miss the game and could only get spotty radio reception so I want to see a little of what happened.
I'll say this; Overstreet better be starting against Air Force at RB.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I was pretty sure the game was over when Josh fumbled the ball. Love the mental toughness of the team to not let that get them down! If anything, that whole sequence seemed to make them play harder than ever.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:59 pm
WyoExpat wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 pm I am looking for highlights or a video of the touchdown drive. I had to miss the game and could only get spotty radio reception so I want to see a little of what happened.
I'll say this; Overstreet better be starting against Air Force at RB.
Agree. He looks much better than woods.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Vigen - ugh. Defense - :)

Pompous sheep fans who think they are more "talented" than us - lol. We beat you when our o coordinator was in a coma. We have way more talent, heart and pride
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It was a gutsy performance no doubt! So glad I came down from Laramie for this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

I made two prophetic statements about this game.

1 - I told my father-in-law on Friday that we would win if we found a running back. (see Overstreet)
2 - After Josh's strike to the sideline and our last second field goal before half, I told my wife that would be the winning margin (see the final score)

Damn I'm good.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

It seems so strange to have a team with a really good defense.....we didn't get one turnover out of them and held them to 3 points in the second half. Just amazing. Bohl is better than Houdini. If you just looked at the final stats, you'd have thought we lost. But we made the plays that mattered and they didn't.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Just a few pictures from the game. I'm in The Air Force stationed in FL, but have been in Colorado for a few weeks. I picked this game over the UNM game to attend. I was not disappointed. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Eddie was there! Awesome!
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Eddie! I love that guy!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 am Eddie was there! Awesome!
Hollister was there too! Pretty awesome of those guys to make it to Laramie in the middle of the NFL season.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

Most memorable Border War in recent memory. I think I’ve only missed two of these games since 2004 and I have to say this one takes the cake. Crazy weather, a team that would not quit and then forced csu to give up. The Pokes showed grit, determination and a helluva lot of character to go out and finish a game. Truly one of the best football games I’ve had the pleasure of seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Great photos KD, thanks for posting them.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:10 pm Vigen - ugh. Defense - :)

Pompous sheep fans who think they are more "talented" than us - lol. We beat you when our o coordinator was in a coma. We have way more talent, heart and pride
Talent is not worth a hoot if you don't use it and put forth the effort.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Awesome stuff, kdwrightuwyo. A memorable game indeed.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Did anyone else notice the play with about 3 or 4 minutes left in the game when Josh ran the ball to the right side and picked up some yards when #6 from csu got in on the tackle, then held Josh down, and then drug his knee & foot across Josh's neck & face when he got up? There was no flag and I could tell Josh was pissed about it and wanted to run it right down his throat the next play.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:12 pm Did anyone else notice the play with about 3 or 4 minutes left in the game when Josh ran the ball to the right side and picked up some yards when #6 from csu got in on the tackle, then held Josh down, and then drug his knee & foot across Josh's neck & face when he got up? There was no flag and I could tell Josh was pissed about it and wanted to run it right down his throat the next play.
Yep, the commentators mentioned it too. Definitely not an accident, and should've been 15 yards.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:17 pm
WYCowboy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:12 pm Did anyone else notice the play with about 3 or 4 minutes left in the game when Josh ran the ball to the right side and picked up some yards when #6 from csu got in on the tackle, then held Josh down, and then drug his knee & foot across Josh's neck & face when he got up? There was no flag and I could tell Josh was pissed about it and wanted to run it right down his throat the next play.
Yep, the commentators mentioned it too. Definitely not an accident, and should've been 15 yards.
Meh, it's the border war. It wasn't any type of flagrant contact that could've caused an injury to Josh, so I don't think it's anything worth complaining about. I'm sure both teams were trying to get away with stuff like that after each play.

I'd have an issue if Josh was injured or if his helmet came off because of it and he would've had to sit out the next play. But in that case it most likely would have been a penalty.