What we expected all along from the sheep

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

Last edited by onePokeovertheline on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I think half the crowd got high and got lost

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
GoGoPokes
Buckaroo

I am as quick as anyone to want to jump on the CSU hater banter, but it is pretty discouraging to see people try to hate on CSU over something that we can't exactly boast about ourselves. Apparently whyoh and onePokeovertheline haven't been to a game in the past 15 years...
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

GoGoPokes wrote:I am as quick as anyone to want to jump on the CSU hater banter, but it is pretty discouraging to see people try to hate on CSU over something that we can't exactly boast about ourselves. Apparently whyoh and onePokeovertheline haven't been to a game in the past 15 years...
Last time I checked we did not spend a half billion dollars of public money on a stadium based on the field of dreams premise while on top of it all being at least untruthful about the capacity of that stadium by about 30% only to realize that if they were dealing with the same fan base all along

Also....f-word the sheep

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Apparently beer doesn’t help people stay the whole game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

In all fairness, 1/2 of 36k is 18k. So, 1/2 of their tickets sold is about equal to our total attendance.

After 1/2 of their crowd left, it was still more than attended the Hawaii game (or at least ballpark).

It sucks, but, with our attendance, there aren't very many teams we can chastise in this regard.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:01 am In all fairness, 1/2 of 36k is 18k. So, 1/2 of their tickets sold is about equal to our total attendance.

After 1/2 of their crowd left, it was still more than attended the Hawaii game (or at least ballpark).

It sucks, but, with our attendance, there aren't very many teams we can chastise in this regard.
We didn't drop a quarter of a billion on a new stadium to boost attendance. We also don't exist in a market of a quarter of a million potential spectators within less than fifty minutes' drive time.

When apples are compared to apples, our attendance, while it could improve, beats every other team in the conference when indexed to market.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:01 am In all fairness, 1/2 of 36k is 18k. So, 1/2 of their tickets sold is about equal to our total attendance.

We didn't drop a quarter of a billion on a new stadium to boost attendance. We also don't exist in a market of a quarter of a million potential spectators within less than fifty minutes' drive time.

When apples are compared to apples, our attendance, while it could improve, beats every other team in the conference when indexed to market.
Our stadium literally eclipses its immediate market. Imagine a 9 million seat stadium in nyc

onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

GoGoPokes wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:38 pm I am as quick as anyone to want to jump on the CSU hater banter, but it is pretty discouraging to see people try to hate on CSU over something that we can't exactly boast about ourselves. Apparently whyoh and onePokeovertheline haven't been to a game in the past 15 years...
This is one of the things I hate about boards on the net; I've been to every game since 2015. As stated above, it's more about their arrogance, sold out claims, push for relevance, etc. They're just not who they think they are or who they want to be. Nor are any of our writers calling us a national embarrassment.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Wyovanian wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:29 am We didn't drop a quarter of a billion on a new stadium to boost attendance. We also don't exist in a market of a quarter of a million potential spectators within less than fifty minutes' drive time.

Perhaps. I guess the argument could be made that attendance dollars returned per dollar spent on stadium is greatly in our favor. I'm not sure that is the direction i support, but I certainly agree it is correct. We could skew it even more in our favor by playing at LHS.

I get the per capita attendance, indexing against market, or whatever. However, I do wonder how we index against market when the entire market is considered (competing entertainment options for example).

I guess I just fall in the camp of all that doesn't matter. Just as all our limitations might be true, all that matters are the wins and losses. At the end of the day, they get nearly double the people we get.

Make no mistake, I despise the sheep and I think we have a lot more going for us. I think their p5 delusions are hilarious, but our attendance limitations makes it throwing stones in a glass house when dishing attendance smack.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:17 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:29 am We didn't drop a quarter of a billion on a new stadium to boost attendance. We also don't exist in a market of a quarter of a million potential spectators within less than fifty minutes' drive time.

Perhaps. I guess the argument could be made that attendance dollars returned per dollar spent on stadium is greatly in our favor. I'm not sure that is the direction i support, but I certainly agree it is correct. We could skew it even more in our favor by playing at LHS.

I get the per capita attendance, indexing against market, or whatever. However, I do wonder how we index against market when the entire market is considered (competing entertainment options for example).

I guess I just fall in the camp of all that doesn't matter. Just as all our limitations might be true, all that matters are the wins and losses. At the end of the day, they get nearly double the people we get.

Make no mistake, I despise the sheep and I think we have a lot more going for us. I think their p5 delusions are hilarious, but our attendance limitations makes it throwing stones in a glass house when dishing attendance smack.
+1
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I think it's fair to criticize when the fans leave early in a game that's really close. If it had been a blowout going either way, sure, but I'd like to think our fans would hang around if it was close.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

It has nothing to do with the attendance numbers to me

The sheep were beating their chests all off season pretty much saying that this stadium was going to make them equal to the likes of Oklahoma

But shockingly, they're still csu