Running Backs....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

We don't have one. Woods is trying his best. but there is no vision especially on the cut backs. The offensive line is actually blocking a little better, but our RB do not have the best vision at reading the holes. I hope bohl emphasizes this in off season by bringing in some immediate help.

Great win yesterday.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don’t know if it’s a running back issue as much as an inexperience issue and in both the backfield and the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:15 pm I don’t know if it’s a running back issue as much as an inexperience issue and in both the backfield and the line.
I would agree.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

We should try Kevin Prosser at RB. He had the best run of the year on his INT return yesterday ;)
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Maybe we should occasionally just hand off the ball the Drew, and hope that they'll still try to tackle the guy running behind him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am Maybe we should occasionally just hand off the ball the Drew, and hope that they'll still try to tackle the guy running behind him.
That would be too creative. Vigen doesn't go for stuff like that
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am Maybe we should occasionally just hand off the ball the Drew, and hope that they'll still try to tackle the guy running behind him.
Man, I'd really like to see that! What we have learned from Air Force over the years is that the fullback threat really opens up running lanes for the running back and quarterback.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

The difference between AF and us is the fullback is a different option in a different hole. If anything, the fullback should be used as a decoy and the rb should go to another hole. If you’re a lb, you need only watch where the fullback goes to know where the rb is going

W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I think overstreet or hall should be playing. Woods is trying his best, but cant read holes and cut back.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Kind of frustrating to watch...how many RB's do we have on scholarship, 6 or 7? And not one of them is given more than 15 or 20 carries in a game to get it going. Ugly.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I do think we should stop using Woods. He doesn't have it... I don't think I've seen him attempt to make a single cutback, and the way he runs, he never gains yards after contact. Only reason he's starting is because he had two long and surprising runs in the same game, and he never came close to doing it again.

Overstreet at least tries to fall forward and occasionally makes a cut.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:49 am I do think we should stop using Woods. He doesn't have it... I don't think I've seen him attempt to make a single cutback, and the way he runs, he never gains yards after contact. Only reason he's starting is because he had two long and surprising runs in the same game, and he never came close to doing it again.

+1. Give the keys to Overstreet for a couple games. Need to find out definitively if he's the guy
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:49 am I do think we should stop using Woods. He doesn't have it... I don't think I've seen him attempt to make a single cutback, and the way he runs, he never gains yards after contact. Only reason he's starting is because he had two long and surprising runs in the same game, and he never came close to doing it again.

+1. Give the keys to Overstreet for a couple games. Need to find out definitively if he's the guy
Agreed 100%. Let him start, and keep feeding him. Screw this committee poop, let Overstreet get his feet under him with 15 - 20 carries a game!
Dear Karma,

Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Agreed!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Agreed!
He looks the part moreso than Woods. There are moments where Woods reminds me of a young Brian Hill but he lacks something to make it click. There is no falling forward with him. He gets hit and goes down and its usually backwards. Can "falling forward" be learned or is a situation where you have it or you don't?
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Yes on Overstreet
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Although I think overstreet is our best bet, I still haven’t seen a single one run with purpose. I want to see someone run angry.

W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:01 pm Although I think overstreet is our best bet, I still haven’t seen a single one run with purpose. I want to see someone run angry.

Yeah, last year we had not only Hill, but also Wick who could hit hard and fast too. Not quite the power of Hill, but still a good runner.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:31 am

Agreed 100%. Let him start, and keep feeding him. Screw this committee poop, let Overstreet get his feet under him with 15 - 20 carries a game!
Hard Bump.

Overstreet proved Saturday what a bunch of us here have been saying...can't believe the coaching staff doesn't see what all of us armchair fans do...
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Guess who's still #1 on the depth chart? T. Woods.