Fire the o.c. we hire after we fire Vigen.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I already know he's going to be the reason our new offense sucks.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think most fans are thinking logical and don't wan Vigen fired. He most certainly is a good recruiter and qb developer. That being said Vigen and Bohl need to figure out or add some tyoe of wrinkle to this current offense. We clearly don't have the line or running backs to run his offense as he prefers. Maybe play to the strengths ( great qb, 3 WRs that are coming around).

Side note: does Kellen Overstreet start getting more carries?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We got rid of a bad d coordinator last year and look what happened. I don't see how this is any different. Imagine how good this team could be with a real offense. smh. Not sure what everyone is failing to see. Our offense has sucked 3 out of four years. Why will it ever change? Keep him on as a QB coach
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:46 pm We got rid of a bad d coordinator last year and look what happened. I don't see how this is any different. Imagine how good this team could be with a real offense. smh. Not sure what everyone is failing to see. Our offense has sucked 3 out of four years. Why will it ever change? Keep him on as a QB coach
I'm not disagreeing that some play calling could be better but I don't think Vigen as the OC is the "real" problem.

I don't think our offensive line is good enough to run a Bohl type offense. We aren't going to get guy s like a big 10 offense to ground and pound a whole game. It might work once every 4 years when you have all seniors and a junior or two up front but every other year it will be horrible.

So whether Vigen is the OC or Mike Yurcich from Oklahoma St. Is the OC, if Bohl wants to continue running ground and pound then it will only work once every 4 years at Wyoming in my opinion.

He could get away with it at NDSU because they could out talent everyone but you can't out talent everyone at Wyoming. So to me it is more of a recruiting problem specifically for offensive linemen that we will never be able to overcome no matter who the OC is for this type of offense.

Bohl seems to think this type of offense can work because they had one good game and one long drive to win a game while at NDSU against Kansas St. I think that was more of a one off deal that wouldn't happen very often.

Not sure if it is Bohl being stubborn or both Vigen and Bohl but the offensive philosophy will need to be reevaluated at some point soon. I don't really see Bohl ever getting rid of Vigen anyways. They have been together for like 15 years.

The changing of the D coordinator was different in that Stanard was never DC at NDSU. So it wasn't like Bohl was that attached to him like he is with Vigen. I think the best to hope for is that Bohl and Vigen come together to rethink things because Bohl won't fire Vigen.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:42 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:46 pm We got rid of a bad d coordinator last year and look what happened. I don't see how this is any different. Imagine how good this team could be with a real offense. smh. Not sure what everyone is failing to see. Our offense has sucked 3 out of four years. Why will it ever change? Keep him on as a QB coach
I'm not disagreeing that some play calling could be better but I don't think Vigen as the OC is the "real" problem.

I don't think our offensive line is good enough to run a Bohl type offense. We aren't going to get guy s like a big 10 offense to ground and pound a whole game. It might work once every 4 years when you have all seniors and a junior or two up front but every other year it will be horrible.

So whether Vigen is the OC or Mike Yurcich from Oklahoma St. Is the OC, if Bohl wants to continue running ground and pound then it will only work once every 4 years at Wyoming in my opinion.

He could get away with it at NDSU because they could out talent everyone but you can't out talent everyone at Wyoming. So to me it is more of a recruiting problem specifically for offensive linemen that we will never be able to overcome no matter who the OC is for this type of offense.

Bohl seems to think this type of offense can work because they had one good game and one long drive to win a game while at NDSU against Kansas St. I think that was more of a one off deal that wouldn't happen very often.

Not sure if it is Bohl being stubborn or both Vigen and Bohl but the offensive philosophy will need to be reevaluated at some point soon. I don't really see Bohl ever getting rid of Vigen anyways. They have been together for like 15 years.

The changing of the D coordinator was different in that Stanard was never DC at NDSU. So it wasn't like Bohl was that attached to him like he is with Vigen. I think the best to hope for is that Bohl and Vigen come together to rethink things because Bohl won't fire Vigen.

How many OL did we recruit last year and how many are on Red Shirt this year? I think I remember there were quite a few and they were big and rated pretty high. I know one of them from Nebraska got flipped at the last minute by NU.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I like junky’s take on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!