Vigen- looking forward

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I don't think Firing Vigen is going to fix anything. Like i said in another thread and has been stated in this thread is Wyoming will never be able to recruit the type of O-line guys to ground and pound everyone and win consistently.

So it is a o-line recruiting issue more than playcalling. Problem is Bohl has this thing with needing to control time of possession which means you have to be able to pound the ball and pick up first downs. So unless Bohl is willing to change his philosophy we are going to be stuck with the offense we have and will basically have a good offense once every 3 to 4 years when the majority of o-line are upper classmen.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Well we only lost one lineman who started last year right? I know Roullier was NFL caliber but you would figure returning 4 starters would be a good thing.

I think losing talent across the board on offense is the killer (Hill, Gentry, Hollister, Maulhardt, Roullier and Wick were all special players).
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I'd love to see last years offense and this years defense on the field at the same time. That would be incredible to see what kind of noise we would make. Long sustained drives and the defense getting teams off the field pretty quickly.

I think Vigen is fine. We lost alot last year. These guys are starting to balance it out. Still alot of football left to be played this year.

Our offense beat USU last year. This year, our defense did.

We never trailed by much in this game and that kept us competitive. No doubt, our offense is worse off than it was last year at this time, but I think it will keep 'gelling'
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

The thought of firing vigen the year after our best season in a decade and hosting the mw championship and getting a promotion in the off season is crazy talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Half of Allen’s sacks are his own fault or the fault of WRs not getting open. I’ve seen plenty of good pockets that josh has bailed on. They can’t block forever.

I also would like to see overstreet as the premier back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Its hard to accept the drop off in the running game when we returned 4 starters from last year and had the parade rb coming in. The really frustrating part is the lack of successful adaptions in the games from what i have seen. Against usu, at least they seemed to quit running up the middle for no gain as much as in past games. Then it was JA scrambling a lot. There has been flashes of a good running game and when JA gets time, he hits receivers who have been catching the ball better. Comsistency is lacking, probably due to inexperience.

I am in the camp that thinks a good o line every year is achieveable, and that may be part of the reason we are playing young guys now. Vigen has the type of offense i like in Wyoming and getting rid of him solves nothing. I would like to see them incorporate some more seam routes with mismatches to be vertical against weak opposition. I would also like to see overstreet run outside as i like his burst and the middle hasnt worked rhis year. Overstreet, student body R/L with receivers blocking....then we may have a run game, get the youngsters on the line pulling and running.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

WYCowboy wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:36 pm

...just about every team used against us last year when we had Brian Hill in the backfield - load the box. Guess what BSU's strategy will be against us.
If any current Poke back was a wart on Hill's ass he would be a good back. But none are. But Allen can pass. And the O-line is weak, so I expect a 3 or 4 line (that with Boise talent, can easily stop the run) rush with the rest defending the pass.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

I couldn't watch any of the game but was any of our TE targeted at all?
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

wyoair wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:18 am I couldn't watch any of the game but was any of out TE targeted at all?
There were several good passes to the TE's, including a couple long passes that led to subsequent scores.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

wyoair wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:18 am I couldn't watch any of the game but was any of out TE targeted at all?
I don't know why we don't use the TEs more.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:39 pm
I don't know why we don't use the TEs more.
Maybe too slow? I don't know. But it seems like the backs are in the passing game a lot more and I think they will have to be even more.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I think our TEs will get targeted more and more too. Both of Harshman's receptions were nice ones with solid gains. He seems to have fairly sure hands even though he's not always getting open. You can't really ignore good results like that.