Wyoming @ Utah State will be on Facebook

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Did anyone else find AJ Hawk and that other guy to be utterly and completely awful and damn near unlistenable? They were such homers for USU.... They were worse than our two bozos on the radio...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I didn't think they were too bad. They seemed fairly impartial to me. Hawk was very complimentary of Wilson's abilities.

I like the facebook game infinitely more than an ESPN game it took ~3:15 to play rather than 4:30. Production quality not quite as good, of course but that's a trade off I'll take any day
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

It seems like the facebook announcers skew toward the home team, which is just fine with me.

Overall I would take facebook over all crappy third tier broadcasts with infinite commercials. I know it can't possibly last, facebook will start adding advertising, but I'll take it for now.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 am I like the facebook game infinitely more than an ESPN game it took ~3:15 to play rather than 4:30. Production quality not quite as good, of course but that's a trade off I'll take any day
Ditto. Its not like we get a huge bump monetarily to play at 815 on ESPN. Would love to see the MWC move to a streaming based service like Facebook and Stadium permanently. It was awesome. AND NO COMMERCIALS!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I didn't think they were homers for USU - sure they interviewed USU people in the crowd and talked about their traditions and what not, but they're the home team. Overall I think they were fair, and I like that they called out that one moron for claiming the tip of the ball hitting the ground on Gafford's interception and that everybody was high for not seeing it.

They gave plenty of credit to Cowboys' good plays overall.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

If we can make the same or more money it’s a no brained to go to a streaming format but I don’t know that we can make a fraction of the money and that sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

I actually very much enjoyed the broadcast crew. I even commented to my wife about midway through the 3rd quarter that the sideline reporter was better than most I've seen in college football. I'd be willing to guess she won't be with Stadium for long.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:55 pm I actually very much enjoyed the broadcast crew. I even commented to my wife about midway through the 3rd quarter that the sideline reporter was better than most I've seen in college football. I'd be willing to guess she won't be with Stadium for long.
had 4 eyebrows. She scares me
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:09 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:55 pm I actually very much enjoyed the broadcast crew. I even commented to my wife about midway through the 3rd quarter that the sideline reporter was better than most I've seen in college football. I'd be willing to guess she won't be with Stadium for long.
Kinda good-looking but could be better if she got a boobjob.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am Did anyone else find AJ Hawk and that other guy to be utterly and completely awful and damn near unlistenable? They were such homers for USU.... They were worse than our two bozos on the radio...
I thought they were fine.

Did you just call Dave and Kevin bozos?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:47 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am Did anyone else find AJ Hawk and that other guy to be utterly and completely awful and damn near unlistenable? They were such homers for USU.... They were worse than our two bozos on the radio...

Have you ever listened to them? They are garbage. The stuttering and clamoring and homerism of those two is nauseating and I am a born and raised Cowboy fan. I cannot stand to listen to games with these two commentating. Would rather listen to Reece Monaco. I know this probably puts me in a small crowd but I just cannot stand listening to their broadcasts.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Have you ever listened to them? They are garbage. The stuttering and clamoring and homerism of those two is nauseating and I am a born and raised Cowboy fan. I cannot stand to listen to games with these two commentating. Would rather listen to Reece Monaco. I know this probably puts me in a small crowd but I just cannot stand listening to their broadcasts.
Seems like after George Kay retired, listening to WYO games on the radio went south fast.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I think Kevin is a little goofy, but it works with him as color. I love listening to the broadcasts. Of course they're going to be homerish, but IMHO they give credit where credit is due.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I've listened to Dave Walsh my entire life and not once have I thought he was garbage. He is the voice of the COWBOYS of course he's going to be a homer that's the point.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:14 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:09 pm
Kinda good-looking but could be better if she got a boobjob.
Not talking about her appearance. I'm talking about her reporting skills. She was SOLID.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

AJ Hawk has a total man crush for Josh Allen.