Wyoming @ Utah State will be on Facebook

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Also, Allen's numbers weren't amazing, but he went 18/25 after the interception on his first throw. No amazingly long gains, but a few 20+ ones despite the lack of protection.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:42 pm When did we win in Logan last?
2003 looks like?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

This is the first game since 2001 that UW-USU has been closer than 14 points.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

CowboyNV wrote:I'll have a little Pile O' Dirt Porter made by Crow Peak Brewing to go with the crow I'll be having for dinner. Well done Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll have to eat a lil crow. Nice win Pokes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

With how incredibly weak we've been on the road in the last 15 years or so, I'll take wins no matter how we get them (as long as we stay healthy).

This one definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. Boise looks vulnerable, but I'm not expecting a win on the smurf turf even so.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote:With how incredibly weak we've been on the road in the last 15 years or so, I'll take wins no matter how we get them (as long as we stay healthy).

This one definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. Boise looks vulnerable, but I'm not expecting a win on the smurf turf even so.
I love the way, like last year, these guys keep fighting and find a way to win.

Would love to see a win in potato 🥔 land.

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:42 pm When did we win in Logan last?
2003 in Glenn's first year at UW
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:39 pm Pokes imploding. Two week rest wasted. Bowl game? very doubtfull.
4-2 with the remaining schedule:

@Boise
UNM in Laramie
CSU in Laramie
@ AFA
Fresno in Wyoming
@ SJSU

If we can't figure out how to get 2 wins out of that, we don't deserve to go bowling.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

If we lose to SJSU in the season finale, we should just drop the program. They (SJSU) are THAT bad!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:51 pm With how incredibly weak we've been on the road in the last 15 years or so, I'll take wins no matter how we get them (as long as we stay healthy).

Yep, while there are things the offense needs to work on, in my opinion this is a better road win than any we had last year. (I think this Utah State team is better than Nevada last year). Figured out how to win a tough road game, Bridger Rifle, best trophy IMO, stays where it belongs, and hopefully the offense learned a few things.

This team has grit, and I like the direction Bohl has us going. I know there were some high expectations entering the season, but seeing as it has been some time since back to back 7+ win seasons even getting to 7 wins this year would be a step in the right direction.

24 hours to celebrate this, then a big challenge on the smurf turf. Go Pokes!
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

It feels like a bowl game is well within reach, but I still can't be confident in this team because of the offense. New Mexico tore us a new one last season, Fresno got stomped by Alabama and Washington, but we would've had the same results, Air Force had a TERRIBLE first half today and then somehow came back to win, Boise is Boise, even when they have a down year, CSU looks legit, and SJSU is terrible, but the game's on the road.

I think we can win every single remaining game, but we could also lose every single one. We still need to get the running game going. It looked promising for a short while in this game, and then we went back to a team-wide average of under 2.5 yards per carry. Our O-Line is seriously struggling, even with the changes we made.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

As much as I hate to admit it, I thought no way in Logan. Josh's will and this bend don't break D was incredible. The smack talk on Bohl / Glenn bs is weak. This is a tough road W, and maybe we're gaining some chemistry.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Super happy we got the win, that was gritty.

O-line had better get something figured out. Josh can't take that many hits week after week. Theyre going to get him hurt.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Realistically, I think bowl eligibility will come down to the last two games, which the Pokes will win. It's possible that they could win at AFA too. Only possible. But 6-6 is the most likely scenario.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

My thoughts:

I don't think our defense is a great shutdown Alabama style defense, but we do have some very good players at different positions throughout the unit who are capable of making big plays, and they have remained pretty healthy so far.

There were some bad calls both ways and I'll be honest, I didn't see offensive pass interference that they called on USU to wipe out one of their TDs.

Offense is abysmal and in the 2nd half you could see we just said "screw it, our best RB is also our QB so that will be our ground game." I hope Josh doesn't get hurt. Credit to them for making enough plays in the 4th Q to win and hopefully that can turn something around, but really when you get 5 turnovers you should be winning by at least 3 TDs. It feels like we are playing Russian roulette relying on our defensive scores and one of these games that is going to stop.

I still cannot believe the decision to punt on 4th and 2 inches in USU territory with 1 minute left. It didn't hurt us but holy cow given the situation that was risky. We have a 2nd string snapper, freshman punter who has already bobbled one this year and USU has already blocked 4 punts and were getting good pressure all game. On top of that we have a 240 lb stud QB who is absolutely our best player. Why would we take the ball out of his hands with the chance to ice the game there? What do you think USU wanted us to do there? Scary. I'm glad it worked out and Carl got a safety.

Overall a W is a W and it is good to finally win in Logan again. That place has been a minerature house of horrors for us lately. We will need to play better though, USU is likely the worst team in our division.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think our defense will keep us in a lot of games I don’t think New Mexico is any better this year then the pokes or airforce but it’s going to be a tall order to beat boise or csu this year

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Expat_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pmYep, while there are things the offense needs to work on, in my opinion this is a better road win than any we had last year. (I think this Utah State team is better than Nevada last year). Figured out how to win a tough road game, Bridger Rifle, best trophy IMO, stays where it belongs, and hopefully the offense learned a few things.
Surprising, better than CSU?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm It feels like a bowl game is well within reach, but I still can't be confident in this team because of the offense. New Mexico tore us a new one last season, Fresno got stomped by Alabama and Washington, but we would've had the same results, Air Force had a TERRIBLE first half today and then somehow came back to win, Boise is Boise, even when they have a down year, CSU looks legit, and SJSU is terrible, but the game's on the road.

I think we can win every single remaining game, but we could also lose every single one. We still need to get the running game going. It looked promising for a short while in this game, and then we went back to a team-wide average of under 2.5 yards per carry. Our O-Line is seriously struggling, even with the changes we made.
Can't just look at the offense though. This defense is pretty good.

Only 1 game with the opponent scoring more than 24 points so far this season. Happened four times in the first six games last year, and in 11 of 14 games overall.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:14 pm
Expat_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pmYep, while there are things the offense needs to work on, in my opinion this is a better road win than any we had last year. (I think this Utah State team is better than Nevada last year). Figured out how to win a tough road game, Bridger Rifle, best trophy IMO, stays where it belongs, and hopefully the offense learned a few things.
joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:14 pm
Brain fart on my part. Although Fort Collins is barely a road game ;-)
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

The rifle is a cool trophy. Csu is a bigger rivalry. But i would take the rifle trophy in looks over the boot. With the schedule we have we could go 4-2 but realisticly we should atleast finish 3-3. Offensive woes aside this team has carried that will to find ways to win. Thats and identity bohl has brought here. Good win Boys!