Barrel Man

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

What do you think of Cowboy Ken the Barrel Man

Poll ended at Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 pm

He's a great Cowboy football icon who makes Wyoming faithful proud
55%
He's an embarrassment to the fans and program and cheap Bronco knock-off
15%
Whatever, no big deal
30%

Total votes: 47
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:35 am
wellpoke wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm Barrel man is fine. But we need to get together and get him a new barrel... :D
Or get him a personal trainer..... :rofl:
Having a gut means nobody sees the junk, though!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

We should get him some chaps, a wife beater, Stetson, and a rope. And. Speedo
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

And Hazeltons' beard
The Virginian
Cowpoke

This discussion reminds me of the time Wyoming went to Charlottesville to play Virginia. Ken was there and wanted to go in wearing the barrel but UVA security denied him entrance, so he had to go dressed as a "normal" fan. I talked to him after the game and he was bummed by not only the overtime loss but that he couldn't wear his barrel. He said to me, "There's no security problem with the barrel. They didn't understand that whatever goes on in the barrel stays in the barrel."
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Cuttslam wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:24 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am
joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 am The fact that calling someone Bucket Man instead of Barrel Man was annoying so many people is borderline laughable. Who cares!

Who cares that there's another guy in a barrel at Broncos games!
Who cares that the fight song isn't original!
Who cares that another fan wasn't a fourth-generation Cowboys fan since birth!

Seriously, I've seen fellow Wyoming fans get annoyed by some of the dumbest things!
Like I said, I think Ken is a great Wyoming fan. There's no doubt where his passion lies. That doesn't change the fact that he had to steal someone elses idea. That' reality.

I don't care that the fight song was taken from someone else. We're the only college to use it, so it's at least unique to other colleges.

Your other comment must be directed at me questioning your sudden appearance as a Wyoming fan when Craig Bohl took the job here. That's not fiction either. It's reality. You arrived on the scene when Bohl did. We'll see if you stay when Bohl moves along. Either way, we need all the Wyoming fans we can get, even ones that start up negative Wyoming facebook groups(for fans to bitch until theirs hearts are content) like they're some kind of Wyoming super fan, when they randomly picked Wyoming's name out of a hat three seasons ago.
Wrong again.

http://dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=17133
Are you just looking for an argument? This is their official fight song.

I could care less if they sing Ragtime Cowboy Joe.

One thing you can't argue is that Cowboy Ken is an unoriginal ass hack that stole this guys idea. I'm pretty sure the title of this thread is Barrel Man, not Ragtime Cowboy Joe. Barrel Man stole his idea. That's the truth. I could care less who else stole their ideas, it doesn't change the lack of originality and the theft of intellectual property by Barrel Man. He still stole his costume.

And with that...I'm done arguing with internet poop for today.
You could call the Broncos Barrel Man a hack as well he stold the idea from someone the exact same way.

Rarely is there an idea that someone else didn't have first. Barrels as part of costumes around sports started in the early 1900s.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 amYou could call the Broncos Barrel Man a hack as well he stold the idea from someone the exact same way.

Rarely is there an idea that someone else didn't have first. Barrels as part of costumes around sports started in the early 1900s.
I bet you can go back to sword-fighting contests a thousand years ago and there'd be some weird dude wearing a barrel.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 amYou could call the Broncos Barrel Man a hack as well he stold the idea from someone the exact same way.

I bet you can go back to sword-fighting contests a thousand years ago and there'd be some weird dude wearing a barrel.
lol
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 am
Cowboy Junky wrote:
Cuttslam wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:24 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am
joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 am The fact that calling someone Bucket Man instead of Barrel Man was annoying so many people is borderline laughable. Who cares!

Who cares that there's another guy in a barrel at Broncos games!
Who cares that the fight song isn't original!
Who cares that another fan wasn't a fourth-generation Cowboys fan since birth!

Seriously, I've seen fellow Wyoming fans get annoyed by some of the dumbest things!
Like I said, I think Ken is a great Wyoming fan. There's no doubt where his passion lies. That doesn't change the fact that he had to steal someone elses idea. That' reality.

I don't care that the fight song was taken from someone else. We're the only college to use it, so it's at least unique to other colleges.

Your other comment must be directed at me questioning your sudden appearance as a Wyoming fan when Craig Bohl took the job here. That's not fiction either. It's reality. You arrived on the scene when Bohl did. We'll see if you stay when Bohl moves along. Either way, we need all the Wyoming fans we can get, even ones that start up negative Wyoming facebook groups(for fans to bitch until theirs hearts are content) like they're some kind of Wyoming super fan, when they randomly picked Wyoming's name out of a hat three seasons ago.
Wrong again.

http://dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=17133
Are you just looking for an argument? This is their official fight song.

I could care less if they sing Ragtime Cowboy Joe.

One thing you can't argue is that Cowboy Ken is an unoriginal ass hack that stole this guys idea. I'm pretty sure the title of this thread is Barrel Man, not Ragtime Cowboy Joe. Barrel Man stole his idea. That's the truth. I could care less who else stole their ideas, it doesn't change the lack of originality and the theft of intellectual property by Barrel Man. He still stole his costume.

And with that...I'm done arguing with internet poop for today.
You could call the Broncos Barrel Man a hack as well he stold the idea from someone the exact same way.

Which just proves the point: he stole the idea from a guy that stole the idea from a guy.....

He has passion, he's just lacking original ideas.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Somebody probably had a Cowboys team name before we did, maybe we should change that because it's unoriginal too....
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:17 pm Somebody probably had a Cowboys team name before we did, maybe we should change that because it's unoriginal too....
I would be willing to bet Wyoming is the original cowboys or at the very least the longest tenured.

I'm pretty sure Osu was originally the aggies
Wyoming has Definitely been around longer than pro football so it's not Dallas
McNeese St definitely wasnt.
New Mexico highlands ?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:17 pm Somebody probably had a Cowboys team name before we did, maybe we should change that because it's unoriginal too....
Who cares? It's not like you have to search hard to find the guy he ripped off. You just have to drive 2 hours.

Pointing at other unoriginal property thieves doesn't make him any more legitimate.

It just means the world is full of people that steal other people's ideas to get attention.

I'm pretty sure, no matter how hard you try, this thread isn't about any of them: it's about the one named Cowboy Ken.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

poke_addict wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:46 pm
I would be willing to bet Wyoming is the original cowboys or at the very least the longest tenured.

I'm pretty sure Osu was originally the aggies
Wyoming has Definitely been around longer than pro football so it's not Dallas
McNeese St definitely wasnt.
New Mexico highlands ?

You are correct on Okie State. They were the Oklahoma A & M Aggies up until 1957.

For anyone wondering we had the Cowboy name since around 1893 so....

NMHU was established in 1893. It became NMHU in 1941. No idea when they started using the Cowboy but I did kinda find out that the football program was started in 1957.

McNeese State got started in 1939. It had JC football from after the war (WII) until 1950. In 1951, it became a 4-year university. BTW, they say Geaux Pokes down there in Louisiana.

As far as I can tell...Wyoming had the Cowboys long before anyone else did.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Wrong again monkey boy....
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am
Correct. See my post up two posts. Helps to do some research.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
hardhatpoke
Buckaroo

Having known Ken for years he doesn't want the fame he loves the Cowboys and just supports them in his way.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'm sorry I'm not a perfect historian about NCAA mascots like all of you, but I appreciate the name-calling. Really helps shape my impression of you...
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 pm
I'm sorry I'm not a perfect historian about NCAA mascots like all of you, but I appreciate the name-calling. Really helps shape my impression of you...
Likewise, as does your avatar.....
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

I'm convinced that even if Wyoming turned into a Alabama and played for national titles every year, send players to the NFL as first round choices, etc...we would STILL bitch about something at UW!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 pm I'm convinced that even if Wyoming turned into a Alabama and played for national titles every year, send players to the NFL as first round choices, etc...we would STILL bitch about something at UW!!!
Jerseys...or Coordinators...or lack of Wyoming kids on the roster...or that the team isn't as good as the 1988 team :D :thumb: