Next up Texas state

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

And they have made Wyoming look like world beaters. Losses to Colorado 37-3, app state 20-13, and ut San Antonio 44-14. Their only win was to fcs foe Houston baptist 20-11.

They have not scored more then 20 points once this year. Gotta like our chances of going 2-2 out of conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

One of the worst teams in FBS (SJSU might lay claim to that thrown with their beatdown at home against Utah State). I would like to see the Pokes get up early and run the ball down their throats with a heavy dose of Trey Woods.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Any word on Sid and Prosser. Didn't see either last night, and it was noticeable on our D-line. Crall made some key deflections, but we had very little penetration last night
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I never really realized they didn't play and I didn't hear anything about them in the game.

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Vt poke wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 am Any word on Sid and Prosser. Didn't see either last night, and it was noticeable on our D-line. Crall made some key deflections, but we had very little penetration last night
If they weren't playing, that sure explains a lot. Prosser got banged up against Ducks, didn't he?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I read an article that said Prosser got hurt but nothing about prognosis. Bohl said epps may miss the next game

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:22 am I read an article that said Prosser got hurt but nothing about prognosis. Bohl said epps may miss the next game
Not surprised about Epps. His ankle looked like it twisted pretty bad, though hopefully not bad enough for a fracture.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our run game. Yes, the ESPN commentators mentioned over and over how Hawai'i were missing three linemen, but I'd say Hawai'i's backups are likely still better than Gardner-Webb's starters who we couldn't get any push on at all.

I hope CJ sits this game. He might be a talented athlete, but he had 5 (FIVE) VERY catchable balls thrown at him last night, and he dropped every single one. He doesn't adjust to the ball, and he doesn't catch it. I suppose his redeeming feature is that he does get in a position where Allen can actually find him? Too bad you don't get credit for touching the ball rather than actually catching it.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

If CJ isn't benched after last night I'll be disappointed with this staff. That guy is clearly not ready for this stage. One of the most frustrating players I've seen in some time.

pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Johnson is still the guy who had the game winning catch against sdsu and caught the td catch in conference championship game that put that game in reach. I hope he's up to the task because we need him to

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i'll love to see a 52-10 type of game, that is if anyone can catch the darts Josh is "trying" to throw them
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Right now the line is Wyoming by 17 (it opened at 18.5). Texas State is bad but that line seems rather high given the offensive struggles. I was guessing it would be a line of like 10 and then thinking that Wyoming would be a great bet to cover (not so much at 17).
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Has Wyoming covered a spread yet this year?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 am Has Wyoming covered a spread yet this year?
This past weekend in most books I believe. Other than that, no.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

I actually think they'll show they are able to run the ball this week. Half of the equation is confidence, and breaking off on two long runs with a new guy as well as having Overstreet hit 10+ yards on his only carry should help. On top of that, I think Allen will take off a little bit more again when given the opportunity.

The O-Line will continue to get better every week as they slowly but surely start understanding the wrinkles of the blocking schemes. Hopefully by the time we face CSU, they'll be good enough that we have a chance to keep the boot in Laramie.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 am Has Wyoming covered a spread yet this year?
Depends on when you placed your bet. The early line was Wyoming -7 1/2 and that's when I placed my bet (I took Hawaii and the points). It moved to 7 in some books, and 6 1/2 in others. So, technically I guess you could say Wyoming covered the spread for the first time this year, but that is dependent upon the book and the day you placed your wager. If you took the under on every game Wyoming has played, you would be a winner X4.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

The rumor Saturday Night at the game was CJ will never sit due to his being the Godson of the WR Coach.
This gentlemen stated that CJ's Dad and Coach Grant played together at Nebraska.
I was too lazy to check it out on the Nebraska website partially because I cant believe Daddy Football would exist at this level. Yes at the lower level it happens but at D-1 I would think there is too much money involved (Losing Jobs) to let it happen.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:22 pm The rumor Saturday Night at the game was CJ will never sit due to his being the Godson of the WR Coach.
This gentlemen stated that CJ's Dad and Coach Grant played together at Nebraska.
I was too lazy to check it out on the Nebraska website partially because I cant believe Daddy Football would exist at this level. Yes at the lower level it happens but at D-1 I would think there is too much money involved (Losing Jobs) to let it happen.
Daddy football isn't nearly as pathetic as a radio personality getting ran out of the state, and then inventing a new handle to keep posting on Wyonation: is it Dino?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

CowboyNV wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 am
Depends on when you placed your bet. The early line was Wyoming -7 1/2 and that's when I placed my bet (I took Hawaii and the points). It moved to 7 in some books, and 6 1/2 in others. So, technically I guess you could say Wyoming covered the spread for the first time this year, but that is dependent upon the book and the day you placed your wager. If you took the under on every game Wyoming has played, you would be a winner X4.
I think Bovada got all the way down to 5 Saturday afternoon
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 pm
KeepitrealWyo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:22 pm The rumor Saturday Night at the game was CJ will never sit due to his being the Godson of the WR Coach.
Daddy football isn't nearly as pathetic as a radio personality getting ran out of the state, and then inventing a new handle to keep posting on Wyonation: is it Dino?
He's back and living in Cheyenne again btw
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Does the WR coach decide who goes in from one package to the next? I can't imagine Vigen or Bohl allowing this but in a way we might have. Perhaps his leash is a little longer than the RBs. We saw them change RBs fast when they weren't getting it done.

W-Y, Until I Die!