Full trophy case

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

As far as I can tell, we have a full trophy case, adding the Paniolo Trophy to the Boot and the rifle. Am I missing any other trophy games?

Will look up how often we've had all three.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 am As far as I can tell, we have a full trophy case, adding the Paniolo Trophy to the Boot and the rifle. Am I missing any other trophy games?

First time....the rifle didn't start until Utah St was in the MWC.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Now if we can just add a MW Conference Championship trophy to it!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

poke_addict wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:10 amFirst time....the rifle didn't start until Utah St was in the MWC.
Thanks! Wasn't sure, as there's nothing about the rifle or the Paniolo Trophy on the Wyoming website, and Wikipedia didn't really give me much either
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 am As far as I can tell, we have a full trophy case, adding the Paniolo Trophy to the Boot and the rifle. Am I missing any other trophy games?

Paniolo Trophy - we hadn't had this one in a few years -but that drought of not playing them since 1996 and losing the damn thing helped.

It was 1991 since the Rainbow Warriers last won in Laramie. They won't play here for 4 more years. At that point, it will be 30 years!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:21 am

Paniolo Trophy - we hadn't had this one in a few years -but that drought of not playing them since 1996 and losing the damn thing helped.

It was 1991 since the Rainbow Warriers last won in Laramie. They won't play here for 4 more years. At that point, it will be 30 years!
We'll play them in Honolulu next year then, we get two years off from playing them unless we meet in the MW title game in that time. Then, in 2021 we'll get them again in the regular season.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 am

We'll play them in Honolulu next year then, we get two years off from playing them unless we meet in the MW title game in that time. Then, in 2021 we'll get them again in the regular season.
True- won't argue with that. It only means if they win in 2021 - they had a 30 year drought winning in laramie. Otherwise, they still are in the 30+ year (possibly 33 year) drought.

You should enjoy that. They lost tonight - and they haven't won here since 1991 (26 years).

Unless they had some players on a misson, nobody on their team was born the last time they won in Laramie.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:34 am
Wyokie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 am

True- won't argue with that. It only means if they win in 2021 - they had a 30 year drought winning in laramie. Otherwise, they still are in the 30+ year (possibly 33 year) drought.

You should enjoy that. They lost tonight - and they haven't won here since 1991 (26 years).

Unless they had some players on a misson, nobody on their team was born the last time they won in Laramie.
Even better context...last time the Bows won in Laramie...I was in my first months of living in Oklahoma. Moved here in January of 1991.