Hawaii game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:41 amand a defense that still can't stop a cold
The defense was on the field for 39 minutes and only gave up 21 points. I think they were more than fine.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

I actually have been fairly happy with our defense. They seem to do well in first halves of games, then fade later. I think this is mostly due to playing so much time and downs because the offense has so many 3 and outs. Case in point Hawaii where the defense played 20 more minutes of the game and many more downs. The defense also seems to get at least 2 turnovers a game. I think if the offense improves some with more sustained drives the defense in second halves will look more like the defense in the first halves by just being fresher.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:00 am
stymeman wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:41 amand a defense that still can't stop a cold
The defense was on the field for 39 minutes and only gave up 21 points. I think they were more than fine.
yards and points are different things so I guess you are right with that moniker, touche
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

stymeman wrote:
yards and points are different things so I guess you are right with that moniker, touche
Raw yards is a stupid number at times as well. Better metric is yards/play and looking at the whole damn situation. Our O yards look terrible but we should actually have 97 yards for a kickback. Those are yards still. Hawaii gets the ball for how many plays because our O had been sucky? And when our O wasn't total trash, they scored fairly quick. Not a good recipe to keep the holy yards/game stat low. In fact, I'll even say the D played badass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:15 pm
stymeman wrote:
Raw yards is a stupid number at times as well. Better metric is yards/play and looking at the whole damn situation. Our O yards look terrible but we should actually have 97 yards for a kickback. Those are yards still. Hawaii gets the ball for how many plays because our O had been sucky? And when our O wasn't total trash, they scored fairly quick. Not a good recipe to keep the holy yards/game stat low. In fact, I'll even say the D played badass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or points/drive, but that number is hard to find without figuring it out yourself