AP article on Allen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

Wyoming QB Josh Allen a strange study for NFL scouts

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/c ... 1.14246962
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Good read. Being in the stands for all 3 games, the article notes what I have been thinking. WTF is Josh Allen supposed to do if he has no time or his receivers can't get open or if his receivers can't adjust their routes to get somewhere where a throw is even possible.

There has been a relatively large amount of criticism of Josh Allen on this board and elsewhere...and his decision making has not been the best...however, no QB not named Jesus or Tim Tebow could have been successful given the circumstances. In my time watching D1 football, I have never seen such issues with the receivers creating any semblance of space (I have seen some terrible D2 teams).
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

That's a good article. The fact they broke down tape and said that he is getting pressured over 70% of the time in 2.5 seconds or less pretty much tells the story and then how often it says our receivers drop balls. Allen doesn't really have a chance to excel against the better teams we play.

Bohl's system requires a great offensive line and we have 2 freshman starting in year 4. Kind of mind boggling.

Hopefully getting Price back at receiver and Fort at Tight end help the receivers get more space but the O-line is going to have to improve by leaps and bounds as well if this season is to be successful.

Allen will be fine as far as getting drafted is concerened it seems.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
jtstu53
Buckaroo

Sure would think reading / hearing all this talk about our offensive woes would light a fire under the other 10 starters ass. Let's hope they use it as motivation.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It's really too bad all those guys last year were back this year. Really would have been a better send off for josh. But alas they are gone so that just means these guys need to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!