Semi OT: Eichorst out at Nebraska

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/sta ... 5503244290 Probably means Mike Riley will be fired by his replacement and Nebraska will be looking for a new head coach again. I'm sure there will be Bohl rumors but I don't see it happening
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

There will not be any Bohl rumors.

Nebraska needs a guy who can relate to today's student-athlete. Not an old white dude who wears a suit and tie every day.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 pm There will not be any Bohl rumors.

Nebraska needs a guy who can relate to today's student-athlete. Not an old white dude who wears a suit and tie every day.
go ahead and search twitter for Bohl Nebraska and tell me there wont be rumors.. Apparently they're already talking about it on the radio. Again not saying it will or should happen, but his name will be thrown around without a doubt
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

If Wyoming is his try out for division one football I think he has a lot to prove before Nebraska throws all that money at him. The wiffed on the last hiring and I can't see them going with a coach who had a sub .500 record while at the helm.

He was in Nebraska once and was forced out. Not sure now is the time for them but if they hired I think he would be gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bohl will be mentioned, if for nothing more but his tie as an alum. Scott Frost should be the heavy favorite for the job, though.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

mentioned is right but NO further than that, just ain't winning at lowly WYO to make Nebraska excited about him
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

If we hadn't have shat the bed to start the year I could see it, but now? No way
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Eichorst also hired Tim Miles, who has been a huge disappointment. So this is not surprising. Plus, he extended Riley an extra year after last year's fiasco.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 pm There will not be any Bohl rumors.

Yeah Saban is a very hip guy
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

Husker fans are deluded. This isn't 1995 anymore. They just aren't as relevant as they would like to believe they are.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 64 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:49 pm Husker fans are deluded. This isn't 1995 anymore. They just aren't as relevant as they would like to believe they are.
poop. They sell out a 90k seat stadium every game. They have tons of money and a rabid fan base. Alabama and Oklahoma went through a lot of bad years looking for the right coach. But I guess they weren't relevant either.
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Yes Nebraska is salivating for a Mountain West Coach with a 15-26 record that was run out of town 20 years ago for a the deed Scandal. Get a Life there really after Vigen
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:49 pm Husker fans are deluded. This isn't 1995 anymore. They just aren't as relevant as they would like to believe they are.
There's only one way to relevancy - make changes until you get there. They have the money and resources to do it. It might take 30 years - but they will get there.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

J-Rod wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:53 pm Bohl will be mentioned, if for nothing more but his tie as an alum. Scott Frost should be the heavy favorite for the job, though.
Frost will be at the top of the list. Nebraska wants to get back to option football and Frost would provide that style, albeit in spread formations.

Nebraska definitely lost their way and identity in the last decade. Their domination came from running something exotic that teams had a hard time preparing for. They never were loaded with Blue Chip athletes. Also from having one of the strongest walk on programs along with Strength & Conditioning any D1 school had ever seen.
I'm good for 3!
Smeller
Buckaroo
Has liked: 41 times

303cowboy
Cowpoke

Cornpoke wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:24 pm
J-Rod wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:53 pm Bohl will be mentioned, if for nothing more but his tie as an alum. Scott Frost should be the heavy favorite for the job, though.
Frost will be at the top of the list. Nebraska wants to get back to option football and Frost would provide that style, albeit in spread formations.

Nebraska definitely lost their way and identity in the last decade. Their domination came from running something exotic that teams had a hard time preparing for. They never were loaded with Blue Chip athletes. Also from having one of the strongest walk on programs along with Strength & Conditioning any D1 school had ever seen.
Speaking of exotic running games and getting the most out of mid level talent, I think Ken Niumatalolo would be a fantastic hire for the big red.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:38 pm
poop. They sell out a 90k seat stadium every game. They have tons of money and a rabid fan base. Alabama and Oklahoma went through a lot of bad years looking for the right coach. But I guess they weren't relevant either.
I actually agree with SD on this one (I'm as shocked as anyone). The days of Nebraska being a threat to win the NC every year are over. It ain't happening. Now I think it is well within the realm of possibility that they could be contending for the B1G title every year and have a good shot at the Natty every 4-5 years, but that's their ceiling. Still a pretty good ceiling.