Rivalry game scheduling

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

While listening to the Campus Conversation podcast today on ESPN.com they brought up an interesting topic. They talked about rivalry game scheduling and the impact/implications of when you play your rival during the season. They cited examples of early, mid and late season match ups each year. I would like to see the Cowboys play CSU on the last game of the season every year if it was up to me. I do like that the weather is usually better earlier in the season but I think I like the build up and anticipation for the game when it is last. That way the taste in the mouth of the loser (ram fans) would be even more sour throughout the off season. I would also like to see the Boise St game played on the last Saturday of October in my perfect world. Any thoughts?
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

poop in one hand....wish in the other. Which one ways more? ESPN/TV scheduling controls all.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

We've had it on the last weekend of the year several times within the last 10 years. It doesn't seem to work. It usually ends up being over Thanksgiving break and most the kids have gone home for the weekend the weather is not very good further driving down attendance. Sure if both teams were in the hunt for the conference it would be a great time to have a great rivalry game but that has rarely happened. Logistically the last weekend hasn't worked well for UW or CSU so I believe we asked to have the game moved earlier in the schedule and I think it works fine. If they decided to move it back to the end of the year then that would be fine too but I am happy where it is. The date of the game doesn't matter to me I just want to win it.