Fairweather fans

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Look forward to seeing the real fans show out for the Hawaii game. Some of you need to suck it up...Because the majority of those freaking out won't be there for the next game.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this team bounces back. Especially after last year starting 2-2.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Ah we'll be fine. I'll be there. I've been meaning to ask for years - what does 'CLUB TRIL' mean?
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Club Trill was a hilarious sports blog by an Ohio St walk on bball player. Had a bunch of good stories about Greg Oden and Evan Turner. Stylistically, similar to modern blog Barstool Sports.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Also been to lazy to change it.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Yea, you are the only fan and opinion that matters. Expert at all and a virtual football sage, thanks for your valued opinion Mr dna rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by johnywyo on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Financial issues may prevent me from going to another game this season but I'll be cheering from my tv screen. I'm optimistic of winning more games. It bowl eligibility is going to be tough

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

dapokes wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:29 am Club Trill was a hilarious sports blog by an Ohio St walk on bball player. Had a bunch of good stories about Greg Oden and Evan Turner. Stylistically, similar to modern blog Barstool Sports.
Now he writes for theringer.com, Bill Simmons website. He is good at covering college basketball. Mark Titus is his name.

Club Trill is short for club Trillion, which as a walk-on he started a club and kept track of those who got a trillion in the stat sheet.....a 1 in the minutes played than the rest of the stats were zero's.

I figured you knew all this da but thought others would be interested. I'm a fan of his writing. also agree with your OP.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I'll be there plus 3. Disappointed with the start but there is no reason we can't still have a badass season. How many people truly believed we would be anything other than 1-2 going into week 4?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 am I'll be there plus 3. Disappointed with the start but there is no reason we can't still have a badass season. How many people truly believed we would be anything other than 1-2 going into week 4?
Considering Oregon was 4-8 last year, I actually thought we might win that game. Last week, they were outscored in the second half at home 21-0. But now we start building up the teams that beat the poop out of us like they are Alabama. It will take a turnaround like I've never seen for us to have a "badass" season
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

I freely admit I was going to go to the Hawaii game until the Oregon game. Now? Hard pass. It's too long of a drive, too much money and the weather is going to be pretty crappy. I'm somewhat deflated about the team right now. Maybe I'll go later in the year.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 am I'll be there plus 3. Disappointed with the start but there is no reason we can't still have a badass season. How many people truly believed we would be anything other than 1-2 going into week 4?
Lots of people. Preseason I was led to believe we'd be playing in the Fiesta Bowl by many people, up to and including the quarterback of the team.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'll sure go raingear and all, but I sure want and hope to see a totally different UW football team against a team that we should beat handily esp at 7220 but I remember the last time we played them what a fiasco that back and forth game was. I think I'm amongst a lot of us after last years awesome 5 game win streak and then all the preseason hype but then I remember, it's Wyoming.
So ups and downs are a constant here, but I always want what I want!!!! Time to win a MWC Mountain division championship!!!!! NO excuses let's see what you got!!!!! you wanted it as did I, bring it!!!!!!!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:36 pm I'll sure go raingear and all, but I sure want and hope to see a totally different UW football team against a team that we should beat handily esp at 7220 but I remember the last time we played them what a fiasco that back and forth game was. I think I'm amongst a lot of us after last years awesome 5 game win streak and then all the preseason hype but then I remember, it's Wyoming.
So ups and downs are a constant here, but I always want what I want!!!! Time to win a MWC Mountain division championship!!!!! NO excuses let's see what you got!!!!! you wanted it as did I, bring it!!!!!!!
There's the spirit! It's time to rally. The season is far from over! This team plays better when feeling like they have to prove the doubters wrong. Too much hype may have gotten to the team.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

johnywyo wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 am Yea, you are the only fan and opinion that matters. Expert at all and a virtual football sage, thanks for your valued opinion Mr dna rifle.

We're already playing the Rainbow Warriors this week...Not trying to hear it from the Keyboard Warrior.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm I freely admit I was going to go to the Hawaii game until the Oregon game. Now? Hard pass. It's too long of a drive, too much money and the weather is going to be pretty crappy. I'm somewhat deflated about the team right now. Maybe I'll go later in the year.
It's worth the 5hr drive from Rapid! You should have no problem getting a room
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

I would have put money on being 2-1. I would have put money on both games being competitive. I thought for sure with the improvement at defense and one of the most talented QBs in the country along with a return of most of the line that we would win one of the games as both Iowa and Oregon had/have huge question marks this year. I greatly overestimated the young players we had in the program at the skill positions (Trey Woods wasn't even on the radar and I thought we would see Overstreet and Conway shine).

I'm not sure a MWC championship game is a realistic goal anymore. Just making a bowl game may be more realistic.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I'll be surprised if we go bowling this year
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

If we win Saturday, I believe we will go bowling. In other words, this game is huge!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

phxpoke wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:31 pm If we win Saturday, I believe we will go bowling. In other words, this game is huge!
It'll definitely set the tone for the rest of the season. A win along with some momentum and confidence would go a long way.

A loss, and... yeah.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Didnt we start last season at 2-2? I would argue this seasons first 4 games will be tougher than last season. We went on a great run last year after that slow start and had a great year. This saturdays game will go a long way in proving if we can do that again. We shall see