SDSU the real deal

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Played a great game. CSU had a decent showing considering who they played
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

It's so early to tell with that team. Their gap contain 3-3-5 defense is gimmicky enough it gives teams that don't play them very often fits.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Sdsu is in the position I envy as a cowboys fan. Back to back conference championships, beating two power 5 opponents in a season, and being in a position where they reload each season and not rebuild.

That is what I want to see from the pokes and have not seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

As much as I dislike SDSU they are absolutely the real deal and I don't think we could beat them on our best day, however we don't know what our best day is because we still haven't seen poop.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Yeah, I love watching Penny run too. He may not have had an "amazing" game with 175 yards on 32 carries, but he's so consistent and plays really smart.

That said... holy crap Bryce Love is explosive. When he hits the hole, he's gone! 524 yards on 42 carries this season, and that's against Rice, USC, and SDSU.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Sdsu just behind usf in ap poll, and number 25 in coaches poll this week. Oregon also now ranked in both.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

New Mexico should have held onto Rocky Long
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:20 am New Mexico should have held onto Rocky Long
While I'm sure he could've done well in NM long term, Southern California is probably much, much easier to recruit to - especially when it comes to talented local kids.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:16 pm
HomeOnTheRange wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:20 am New Mexico should have held onto Rocky Long
While I'm sure he could've done well in NM long term, Southern California is probably much, much easier to recruit to - especially when it comes to talented local kids.
I think it all depends on the coach. San Diego is a great destination. So is Vegas, Hawaii, NYC, and many others. It should be easy to recruit to them all - but you gotta have a winning coach. SDSU is doing pretty good there.

Who wants to go to Lawrence Kansas? How about Austin Texas?

Its all about coaching - get a good coach and let them do their things! Moscow Idaho has nothing on us!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

WyoBrandX wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 am
I think it all depends on the coach. San Diego is a great destination. So is Vegas, Hawaii, NYC, and many others. It should be easy to recruit to them all - but you gotta have a winning coach. SDSU is doing pretty good there.

Its all about coaching - get a good coach and let them do their things! Moscow Idaho has nothing on us!
I'm not sure about Lawrence, but Austin seems like a place I'd love if I was a teenager again. Aside from it being in Texas, I guess. ;)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm not sure about Lawrence, but Austin seems like a place I'd love if I was a teenager again. Aside from it being in Texas, I guess. ;)
From what I've heard...Austin has two things college guys need...hot-looking chicks everywhere and lots of strip clubs!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 amWho wants to go to Lawrence Kansas? How about Austin Texas?
Austin's a bad ass city, homie. I hung out there for a week this summer.. wish I could've stayed longer. I would have come back 300 pounds and smelling like whiskey and honky tonks and would have been okay with that. Huge city too.
ImageImageImageImage
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 pm
WyoBrandX wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 amWho wants to go to Lawrence Kansas? How about Austin Texas?
Austin's a bad ass city, homie. I hung out there for a week this summer.. wish I could've stayed longer. I would have come back 300 pounds and smelling like whiskey and honky tonks and would have been okay with that. Huge city too.
I
Your right - not sure why i picked Austin - theres more than a few cities in texas that have good football teams that aren't much fun to visit.

It does remind me though - Wyoming is far too conservative sometimes - expecially when it comes to attracting new residents.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:28 am It does remind me though - Wyoming is far too conservative sometimes - expecially when it comes to attracting new residents.
I think Wyoming's a different type of conservative than many other states, especially in the south. That said, I do find myself wishing the powers that be in Wyoming would be open to diversifying and becoming a leader in new tech rather than doubling down on being a fossil fuel state.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I wish Wyoming would bring lots more manufacturing in here, but we don't have a true workforce for that, (yet)
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Have you ever been to Lawrence, KS? It's actually a pretty damn cool college town and nothing like you see in western KS. KC is a short drive down I-70 and obviously it's one of the premier destinations for college basketball.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:18 am
WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:28 am It does remind me though - Wyoming is far too conservative sometimes - expecially when it comes to attracting new residents.
I think Wyoming's a different type of conservative than many other states, especially in the south. That said, I do find myself wishing the powers that be in Wyoming would be open to diversifying and becoming a leader in new tech rather than doubling down on being a fossil fuel state.
I've lived here most of my life and was born here. It is a weird state. Everyone wants to be rich, but still drive covered wagons around. I think Wyoming is generally a very well educated state and much more accepting of people - until they try to move into the state. My opinion is pretty subjective though - I'm sure you could probably say that about any state.