Bohl post game.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It kills me how the receivers can't get open even when Josh extends the play by 4-5 seconds.
reedleyfan1
Buckaroo

Great/Accurate assessment from OrediggerPoke! Qb & receivers are not in sync! Must improve or it's going to be a long season!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

dapokes wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 am
johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:33 am
WyoBrandX wrote:[youtube]https://youtu.be/b_3qDlm8nL0[/youtube]

Here is a youtube of his postgame

If Craig really needs to look at the tape in order to determine what happened last night, I question his coaching IQ. Listen, this is not rocket science Craig. We better find some rhythm, and a couple players who want the rock or we may go 1-11. That game plan outright sucked & if he doesn't understand that, Josh may unfortunately be back for a return for his senior season. Hate being negative, but that was one horrid performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a prisoner of the moment. Why are all of you crying so much? Pathetic. We all know we lost NFL caliber players and Iowa and Oregon are both BCS caliber teams and could each win their conference. Just stop.
Oregon and Iowa are BCS caliber teams? Until this week, neither were ranked. Oregon might have a shot at winning their division but not their conference. Iowa has no shot at all.
reedleyfan1
Buckaroo

:agree: :agree: laxwyo was on the mark with his post also! Great suggestions on where improvement must be made!https://www.wyonation.com/forum/posting ... milies&f=3#
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 am
BackHarlowRoad wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:00 am
dapokes wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 pm Stop acting like a Nebraska fan with unreasonable expectations.
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect something better than 42-10 (10 gifted points at that) at halftime and something a little higher than 2.5 yards per pass with a supposed NFL caliber quarterback.

I would hope everyone involved in the program would expect better than that, too. Not just the fans.
Don't fool yourself that Allen isnt still an NFL caliber QB from a talent stand point.
Definitely not my point. You can remove the word "supposed".

My point is that everyone on earth expected better than a 10 for 25, 65 yard day. To say it is acceptable is a joke. I understand that all the blame is not on him.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:18 am
I can't count how many times that Allen scrambled one way and that the receiver would either maintain the current trajectory (somehow expecting a 50 yard cross-body throw across the field) or just simply stop in his tracks watching.
Isn't this behavior a lot on the receiver's coaching? What are they teaching them? Is the head receiver coach the same one as last year?
CNPOKE
Buckaroo

How about this, we get an expierenced triple option coach that can recruit to such an offense. Before you go all negative, look at AFA, Navy, and Georgia Tech. They are pretty competitive year after year and have gone to their share of bowl games! AFA gave Michigan a good game! Why keep trying pretty much the same thing at WYO when it doesn't work. Let's build a triple option program.
CNPOKE
Buckaroo

Don't get me wrong as I like Bohl but we have lost 6 of last 8 games going back to last year. Think we need a fresh change of philosophy by moving to and staying committed to triple option. The status quo fans,will not get it done!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Honestly feel in this day and age.....triple option would kill recruiting. Service academies are a different breed and GT....well I don't have an answer for you. I honestly thought the last regime would succeed.

At this point we have to stay on the Bohl train until the wheels fall off. But so far.....simply awful this year.

:twocents:
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Always tough to take a long range perspective. There is no doubt Bohl has a vision. Can Wyoming Football rise to that expectation? Therein lies the real question.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Our running backs went up against a bunch of speed in the last two of these three games. They need to figure out how to hit the holes the o-line is opening up and kick in the speed. There is no reason why our RB's shouldn't be getting 4-5 yards a carry.

Allen needs to take a bit of heat off his passes - the receiving corps isn't in sync yet and can't try to catch a bullet shot from a cannon. It is a bit risky as he's used to threading the needle and risks interceptions. But more pass completion certainly would help.

Its a big drop from last year - these guys will get it figured out though.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am Gentry attacked the ball like he needed it. These WRs wait for it to land softly in their hands on the current path they are running.

If they run the right route to begin with..... couple times they just stopped 15 yards out and Allen threw it deep expecting them to keep going...
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:52 am
dapokes wrote:
johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:33 am
WyoBrandX wrote:[youtube]https://youtu.be/b_3qDlm8nL0[/youtube]

Here is a youtube of his postgame

If Craig really needs to look at the tape in order to determine what happened last night, I question his coaching IQ. Listen, this is not rocket science Craig. We better find some rhythm, and a couple players who want the rock or we may go 1-11. That game plan outright sucked & if he doesn't understand that, Josh may unfortunately be back for a return for his senior season. Hate being negative, but that was one horrid performance.

You're a prisoner of the moment. Why are all of you crying so much? Pathetic. We all know we lost NFL caliber players and Iowa and Oregon are both BCS caliber teams and could each win their conference. Just stop.
Excuse, excuse, bs. Don't tell me I'm a prisoner of jack. SDSU lost players, did that stop them from beating Stanford? You have your opinion & neither Iowa or Oregon are/were rated. That was the worst prepared Offensive strategy I have witnessed in a long time/ or since Iowa. It can only get worse unless something changes, markedly. This board can be a megaphone or both sides of Wyo discussion.

Dapokes is right here. Bohl does need to look at the tape. The head coach sits on the sidelines and see's the players operating from a very limited view. Football tape is much better viewed at elevation - and even better viewed from a north/south point of view. Its much easier to examine and teach at that angle.

In an ideal world, all smart coaches would be in the box, a few admin assistants would be on the sideline. But realistically, players need coaches to motivate them on the sidelines. And thats why they put the coordinators up in the box
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Oregon and Iowa are BCS caliber teams? Until this week, neither were ranked. Oregon might have a shot at winning their division but not their conference. Iowa has no shot at all.
Technically, Iowa, Oregon, and Wyoming are BCS caliber teams. BCS is an outdated term.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

HR_Poke wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:51 pm
laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am Gentry attacked the ball like he needed it. These WRs wait for it to land softly in their hands on the current path they are running.

If they run the right route to begin with..... couple times they just stopped 15 yards out and Allen threw it deep expecting them to keep going...
And other times they fell down.....Its a new receiving corps.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 am .....Its a new receiving corps.
Technically, it's a receiving corp if they are receiving. So far it's mostly just a few guys running around on the field.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:18 am
I can't count how many times that Allen scrambled one way and that the receiver would either maintain the current trajectory (somehow expecting a 50 yard cross-body throw across the field) or just simply stop in his tracks watching.
Isn't this behavior a lot on the receiver's coaching? What are they teaching them? Is the head receiver coach the same one as last year?
Yes, the receivers coach is the same as last year. I have no idea what they are teaching the receivers but it is frustrating as a fan (and probably for the QB) because they rarely seem to be in a place to even make a play.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 am
HR_Poke wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Johnson got reps last year. He acts like he's never caught a pass in his life.

And other times they fell down.....Its a new receiving corps.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I talked to a former Wyoming receiver. There are absolutely "scramble routes" under almost any scheme that are based upon: (1) a receiver's given route; (2) the receiver's current location on the field; and (3) where the quarterback scrambles. Unsurprisingly, he mentioned that these routes are the ones that quite often lead to big plays. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I am seeing absolutely none of this on the field when the play breaks down and Allen scrambles.