Bohl post game.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

What did Bohl say post game? I didn't listen to post game show.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

[youtube]https://youtu.be/b_3qDlm8nL0[/youtube]

Here is a youtube of his postgame
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

WyoBrandX wrote:[youtube]https://youtu.be/b_3qDlm8nL0[/youtube]

If Craig really needs to look at the tape in order to determine what happened last night, I question his coaching IQ. Listen, this is not rocket science Craig. We better find some rhythm, and a couple players who want the rock or we may go 1-11. That game plan outright sucked & if he doesn't understand that, Josh may unfortunately be back for a return for his senior season. Hate being negative, but that was one horrid performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:33 am

If Craig really needs to look at the tape in order to determine what happened last night, I question his coaching IQ. Listen, this is not rocket science Craig. We better find some rhythm, and a couple players who want the rock or we may go 1-11. That game plan outright sucked & if he doesn't understand that, Josh may unfortunately be back for a return for his senior season. Hate being negative, but that was one horrid performance.

You're a prisoner of the moment. Why are all of you crying so much? Pathetic. We all know we lost NFL caliber players and Iowa and Oregon are both BCS caliber teams and could each win their conference. Just stop.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

dapokes wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 am

You're a prisoner of the moment. Why are all of you crying so much? Pathetic. We all know we lost NFL caliber players and Iowa and Oregon are both BCS caliber teams and could each win their conference. Just stop.
Lots of teams lose NFL caliber players ever year and don't get pasted.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

dapokes wrote:

Excuse, excuse, bs. Don't tell me I'm a prisoner of jack. SDSU lost players, did that stop them from beating Stanford? You have your opinion & neither Iowa or Oregon are/were rated. That was the worst prepared Offensive strategy I have witnessed in a long time/ or since Iowa. It can only get worse unless something changes, markedly. This board can be a megaphone or both sides of Wyo discussion.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I love the criticism of we fans who question the coaching staff and the program. What the f-word dapokes? If you have even an elementary understanding of football you would have known this team was in deep poop when they only managed a paltry 65 yards rushing against a really bad Gardiner Webb. Like johnywyo said, Bohl shouldn't need film to recognize he's got huge problems. While we all thumped our chests and thought we had arrived last year, remember that Wyoming lost 4 of their last 5 games with those NFL studs. If you count this year's games, Wyoming is 2-7 out of their last 9 games. The sorry truth is Bohl is 4-8, 2-10, 8-6. and 1-2 in his tenure as a Wyoming coach. That's 15-26 in 3.25 years (a .341 winning record - Glenn was 30-41 for a .423 record), and if they don't figure this poop out 3-9 or 2-10 could easily happen. So, drink the koolaid and look at life through those brown and gold glasses, but don't kid yourself. This team is in trouble. Can it be fixed? I hope so, but I've been a Wyoming fan for over 5 decades and I've seen this movie before. Two bad years, one good year (contract extension) and then the f-word wheels fall off. Again, I hope Bohl proves he can turn this program into something special. If not, it will be business as usual and we'll be looking for the next football god to come in and save Wyoming football.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Stop acting like a Nebraska fan with unreasonable expectations. Like you're Alabama and you just reload. Not how it works for most programs.

Can we just make a tissue thread for all the whiney B*tches in here, Titleist???!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:28 pm I love the criticism of we fans who question the coaching staff and the program. What the f-word dapokes? If you have even an elementary understanding of football you would have known this team was in deep poop when they only managed a paltry 65 yards rushing against a really bad Gardiner Webb. Like johnywyo said, Bohl shouldn't need film to recognize he's got huge problems. While we all thumped our chests and thought we had arrived last year, remember that Wyoming lost 4 of their last 5 games with those NFL studs. If you count this year's games, Wyoming is 2-7 out of their last 9 games. The sorry truth is Bohl is 4-8, 2-10, 8-6. and 1-2 in his tenure as a Wyoming coach. That's 15-26 in 3.25 years (a .341 winning record - Glenn was 30-41 for a .423 record), and if they don't figure this poop out 3-9 or 2-10 could easily happen. So, drink the koolaid and look at life through those brown and gold glasses, but don't kid yourself. This team is in trouble. Can it be fixed? I hope so, but I've been a Wyoming fan for over 5 decades and I've seen this movie before. Two bad years, one good year (contract extension) and then the f-word wheels fall off. Again, I hope Bohl proves he can turn this program into something special. If not, it will be business as usual and we'll be looking for the next football god to come in and save Wyoming football.
I agree with most of what you are saying but I will also say that if Bohl can't get it done at Wyoming I don't think anyone can in the landscape of college football these days.

Lots of different coaches and philosophies have tried and what is happening to Bohl at this point is the same thing that happened to everyone of the other coaches.

I'm not saying Wyoming has to drop to FCS but what I am saying is Wyoming will probably need to get used to having a winning season once every 3 or 4 years. Every coach the last 17 years had tried and failed. The last coach to do decent here multiple years in a row was Dan Dimel. Back then you didn't get to go to a bowl game just because you won 6 games or we would have went 3 years in a row. Lots has changed in college football since 1999.

I don't really see anyone Wyoming could bring in that would do any better than Bohl or anyone else we have tried. Wyoming doesn't have the money to pay a Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, Chris Peterson, Nick Saban type.

We have tried assistant Wyoming coaches, The best FCS coaches, the top rated offensive coordinator in the country at the time. What is left that Wyoming can get? I'm just not seeing it.

Bohl just needs to get it done. It is pointless to just fire another coach in my opinion.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:50 pm
CowboyNV wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:28 pm I love the criticism of we fans who question the coaching staff and the program. What the f-word dapokes? If you have even an elementary understanding of football you would have known this team was in deep poop when they only managed a paltry 65 yards rushing against a really bad Gardiner Webb. Like johnywyo said, Bohl shouldn't need film to recognize he's got huge problems. While we all thumped our chests and thought we had arrived last year, remember that Wyoming lost 4 of their last 5 games with those NFL studs. If you count this year's games, Wyoming is 2-7 out of their last 9 games. The sorry truth is Bohl is 4-8, 2-10, 8-6. and 1-2 in his tenure as a Wyoming coach. That's 15-26 in 3.25 years (a .341 winning record - Glenn was 30-41 for a .423 record), and if they don't figure this poop out 3-9 or 2-10 could easily happen. So, drink the koolaid and look at life through those brown and gold glasses, but don't kid yourself. This team is in trouble. Can it be fixed? I hope so, but I've been a Wyoming fan for over 5 decades and I've seen this movie before. Two bad years, one good year (contract extension) and then the f-word wheels fall off. Again, I hope Bohl proves he can turn this program into something special. If not, it will be business as usual and we'll be looking for the next football god to come in and save Wyoming football.
I agree with most of what you are saying but I will also say that if Bohl can't get it done at Wyoming I don't think anyone can in the landscape of college football these days.

Lots of different coaches and philosophies have tried and what is happening to Bohl at this point is the same thing that happened to everyone of the other coaches.

I'm not saying Wyoming has to drop to FCS but what I am saying is Wyoming will probably need to get used to having a winning season once every 3 or 4 years. Every coach the last 17 years had tried and failed. The last coach to do decent here multiple years in a row was Dan Dimel. Back then you didn't get to go to a bowl game just because you won 6 games or we would have went 3 years in a row. Lots has changed in college football since 1999.

I don't really see anyone Wyoming could bring in that would do any better than Bohl or anyone else we have tried. Wyoming doesn't have the money to pay a Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, Chris Peterson, Nick Saban type.

We have tried assistant Wyoming coaches, The best FCS coaches, the top rated offensive coordinator in the country at the time. What is left that Wyoming can get? I'm just not seeing it.

Bohl just needs to get it done. It is pointless to just fire another coach in my opinion.
I don't advocate firing Bohl. I am one of the few who thought they should have kept Joe....at least he could play Cowboy Joe on the piano. I like Bohl. I just think this 5 year cycle of hire, fire, hire, fire needs to stop. I also think the pie in the sky fans need to, at some point, temper their expectations and live with the brutal reality that is being a Cowboy fan. I still wear my gear in the sports books, and still take my share of ribbing and abuse, but at the end of the day, I still root for the brown and gold. I'm just jaded enough at this point to not set myself up for disappointment and take the good with the bad.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
cfootball16
Buckaroo

Let's be honest, with a program that had its' cupboards emptied just a few years back, it takes time to rebuild a program. In addition, when you take four of those major building blocks and send them to the NFL, there is no way it's not going to sting. The program hasn't had time to reload enough players to replace that kind of talent. Comparing us to SDSU isn't fair. Rocky Long has been there since 2011 and given the chance to build in the back ups. Coach Bohl is in the beginning of his 4th year and taking over from a cupboard that was fairly bare. You put those four players back on the field last night, I think the game looks significantly different. It is what it is, but it does play into how we have performed on offense this year. That being said, I don't understand the conservatism with Josh. One of his strong suits is the ability to run and keep the defense honest, especially when you have a very young running backs and receiving corp. There have been multiple occasions, including last night, where Josh broke containment and had all sorts of yards in front of him. Rather than take those yards, he elected to throw cross body or tried to throw the ball in a crowd with receivers that have yet to prove they can go get the ball. It's like he has been told not to run, regardless of the positive yards he could make. If Josh would run on some of those plays, the defense has to account for it. I don't care if he makes 5 yards and just slides. That's better than just the yard on first down that we are getting and it at least keeps the defense honest.
If they know he's not going run anymore, defenses will continue to blanket our young receivers. He is a very good qb, but with the young talent surrounding him this year, there just needs to be more creativity. Although the stats may not show it, the defense is a definite step up from last year. That being said, you can't expect them to be on the field for 90 plays a game and not give up yards and points. The offense has to find a way to sustain some drives. I think the longest drive they had last night was 2 minutes. That doesn't bode well for any defense. I believe in these kids, coaches and the program. It's not time for knee jerk reactions, but it is time to continue to support and be positive about the direction the program is going. What is most important is what's in front of us. Conference starts next week and at the end of the day, that's what matters. This team is going to figure it out and I believe it can still be a really good year.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

dapokes wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 pm Stop acting like a Nebraska fan with unreasonable expectations. Like you're Alabama and you just reload. Not how it works for most programs.

Can we just make a tissue thread for all the whiney B*tches in here, Titleist???!
Unreasonable to expect that Wyoming could go just one season without a 30+ point blowout? Unreasonable to expect wyoming to be competitive in games? Unreasonable for coaches to come up with a game plan to maximize the strengths in their current players or conversely a game plan that exploits the weaknesses in an opponent?
Unreasonable to expect wyoming to win more than just the csu game? So many people will call it an ok season if we are 2 and 10 this year as long as that second win is against csu. Unreasonable to think that Wyoming could lose 4 players and not be terrible? Somehow Boise state, sdsu, Houston, usf, Memphis, among many other g5 schools do it.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WyomingAg wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:00 pm
dapokes wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 pm Stop acting like a Nebraska fan with unreasonable expectations. Like you're Alabama and you just reload. Not how it works for most programs.

Unreasonable to expect that Wyoming could go just one season without a 30+ point blowout? Unreasonable to expect wyoming to be competitive in games? Unreasonable for coaches to come up with a game plan to maximize the strengths in their current players or conversely a game plan that exploits the weaknesses in an opponent?
Unreasonable to expect wyoming to win more than just the csu game? So many people will call it an ok season if we are 2 and 10 this year as long as that second win is against csu. Unreasonable to think that Wyoming could lose 4 players and not be terrible? Somehow Boise state, sdsu, Houston, usf, Memphis, among many other g5 schools do it.
We lost at least twice as many starters as you claim
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

wyokoke wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:04 pm

That was specifically in reference to the 4 in the NFL, and I remember at end of last season analysis that Wyoming had the second least number of players in the 2 deep graduating or leaving to the NFL in all the mwc. So it still stands that Wyoming should have returned more experience then nearly all mw teams. Yet our excuse for the team taking such a step back is we lost too many people? What about the rest of the mw that lost more players in their 2 deep?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:53 pm
wyokoke wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:04 pm

That was specifically in reference to the 4 in the NFL, and I remember at end of last season analysis that Wyoming had the second least number of players in the 2 deep graduating or leaving to the NFL in all the mwc. So it still stands that Wyoming should have returned more experience then nearly all mw teams. Yet our excuse for the team taking such a step back is we lost too many people? What about the rest of the mw that lost more players in their 2 deep?
How do we know how we stack up against the MWC? We haven't played one yet. I am as B&G Glasses as they come. I overinflate my expectations every single year and be most timesi crash to reality hard. This year is no exception. I bit hook line and sinker that this year was going to be off the charts successful because of Allen. So far it hasn't been great because Allen has 0 help. I have never seen so many WR quit on routes in my life. Where Gentry was masterful at finding a way open when Allen scrambled, this young group stops and watches. It's perplexing. That being said, we can still win the West and go to a bowl. Iowa and Oregon are good programs with great depth and players who outclasses us at almost all positions. The MWC has looked awful so far and I like our chances against most teams.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

dapokes wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 pm Stop acting like a Nebraska fan with unreasonable expectations.
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect something better than 42-10 (10 gifted points at that) at halftime and something a little higher than 2.5 yards per pass with a supposed NFL caliber quarterback.

I would hope everyone involved in the program would expect better than that, too. Not just the fans.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:00 am
dapokes wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 pm Stop acting like a Nebraska fan with unreasonable expectations.
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect something better than 42-10 (10 gifted points at that) at halftime and something a little higher than 2.5 yards per pass with a supposed NFL caliber quarterback.

I would hope everyone involved in the program would expect better than that, too. Not just the fans.
Don't fool yourself that Allen isnt still an NFL caliber QB from a talent stand point.... The difference between this year and last is he doesnt have NFL caliber talent around him... He cannot do it all. How many drops did his WR have on saturday.... I can think of 5 just sitting here.... I bet it was close to 8-10. DROPS! He hit 8-10 WR in the hands and they dropped them... Its hard to do anything when that happens... How many drives would that have extended had they caught them? I get it. He hasn't looked great. But my god, the dude can't do it all..... On top of that, have you watched the WR downfield as he scrambles? They stop running. They don't finish plays at all... Gentry would do everything in his power to get open... This group doesnt....
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 50 times

"Until I really look at the tape I'm going to be guarded as far as making a complete assessment, but it was a poor offensive performance. And we've got a lot of work to do..." That was about 1:00 into the video. Did you watch it? I get that you're venting, but don't over-simplify what it takes to coach a football team. A good sports montage wouldn't have turned around that game.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

Gentry attacked the ball like he needed it. These WRs wait for it to land softly in their hands on the current path they are running.

W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am Gentry attacked the ball like he needed it. These WRs wait for it to land softly in their hands on the current path they are running.

Exactly!!

I am by no means a receiver expert but I can't count how many times that Allen scrambled one way and that the receiver would either maintain the current trajectory (somehow expecting a 50 yard cross-body throw across the field) or just simply stop in his tracks watching. WTF!?!? Common sense as a receiver says that when the QB is forced to scramble out of the pocket one way or another that you need to go at least attempt to get open in a spot that the QB could reasonably throw the ball to.

I was stunned, worst receiver performance that I can recall at Wyoming. And I am not saying that Josh Allen was terrific either...his decision making was average to poor at best. But I can't imagine how frustrating it would be trying to make a play as a QB and not having any help from the receivers in that effort.