Josh Allen is not helping his draft stock tonight

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I understand he isn't getting a lot of help but fumbling on a qb draw due to not covering the football and overthrowing every pass isn't going to help these scouts that showed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Announcer said he doesn't believe Josh is even a first round pick due to his accuracy issues and decision making. Hard to disagree after the first 3 games this year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I think scouts will take a more holistic approach. Sure, he hasn't faired well against p5 teams but we've been fairly outmatched against all of them. I don't think any QB would have faired well in this situation

W-Y, Until I Die!
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

It looks to me like he is pressing way too hard. He looks unnatural on the field right now. If he gets back to just being a football player I feel like everything will come back to him.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Josh has been a damn good Cowboy Quarterback. The last couple of years, he didn't have to be perfectly accurate - if he got the ball close to a receiver - the receivers we lost this year - they would usually catch it.

There just isn't any rythm between these guys yet. I did like when they ran Josh a bit today. It seems to open up our run game a bit.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Josh took a beating last night and got no help from anyone on offense. I'm sure that is very obvious to everyone, but there aren't many QBs that could have taken that beating and not missed a play.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

WYCowboy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:37 am Josh took a beating last night and got no help from anyone on offense. I'm sure that is very obvious to everyone, but there aren't many QBs that could have taken that beating and not missed a play.
His issues last night started before the "beating". Look no further than the first 2 series where he badly missed open receivers. But agree in that once he did start hitting receivers they didn't help him at all with so many drops
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

McShay's big board was updated today. Has him #2. Looks like his stock hasn't dropped that much. I think people realize he doesn't have much talent around him

Allen was a relative unknown coming into the season outside of scouting circles, as he didn't have a single Division I scholarship out of high school. His two appearances in the national spotlight (at Iowa, versus Oregon) haven't gone well, but it's not all on his shoulders. He has an elite arm and frame (listed at 6-foot-5, 233 pounds), and can make every throw. Darnold has been better so far this season, but the USC quarterback also has much more talent surrounding him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insid ... ass-rusher
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

injury is the only true drop to the draft stock, we can wish/hope he'd stay for his Senior year but for a QB or any player for that matter to be drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft would be totally nutz to stick around in Laramie
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:04 am McShay's big board was updated today. Has him #2. Looks like his stock hasn't dropped that much. I think people realize he doesn't have much talent around him

Allen was a relative unknown coming into the season outside of scouting circles, as he didn't have a single Division I scholarship out of high school. His two appearances in the national spotlight (at Iowa, versus Oregon) haven't gone well, but it's not all on his shoulders. He has an elite arm and frame (listed at 6-foot-5, 233 pounds), and can make every throw. Darnold has been better so far this season, but the USC quarterback also has much more talent surrounding him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insid ... ass-rusher
And an incompetent OC that's shackled around his ankle
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Yeah our OC needs to really open up the playbook and rethink his ways as well and SOON
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wait... Are we allowed to say disparaging things about our OC now... He DID lead us to an 8-6 season last season.....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm Wait... Are we allowed to say disparaging things about our OC now... He DID lead us to an 8-6 season last season.....
It takes 5 or 6 NFL talents at once to make Vigen's offense work properly. With only mere D-1 athletes it turns anemic, rolls over and dies.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm He DID lead us to an 8-6 season last season.....
Yes, but with a good OC it might have been 11-3.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm He DID lead us to an 8-6 season last season.....
Tongue, meet cheek
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Had we had a legit OC with a brain, UW woulda gone 13-1, won the MW title easily, AND completely destroyed Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl but we got was/is Vigen so..... :puke:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

And two top 25 wins in the same season. I think he shows that with great personnel you can do great things that you may not be able to do with lesser personnel

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Better fire Bohl too, right guys? I mean how good can he be if he gave a guy a promotion that great minds such as Wyokie thinks needs fired!?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyokoke wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:16 pm Better fire Bohl too, right guys? I mean how good can he be if he gave a guy a promotion that great minds such as Wyokie thinks needs fired!?
+1

If you want to fire Vigen then you have to want to fire Bohl as well. It is Bohl's offensive philosophy.
Bohl knows every play that is run and has the ability to overrule every and any play call but he lets the play be called because he agree's with it.

It worked so well at NDSU because they were like the Alabama of FCS and could get the best players. I'm not sure if it will work long term at Wyoming or not but the buck stops with Bohl and we know he won't fire Vigen so if people want to be mad they should get more upset with Bohl in my opinion.

Like I said before though playcalling always looks good if you have good players to execute the plays and always looks bad if the players you have can't execute them. Boils down more to the players than the playcalling. Not sure Wyoming will ever be able to recruit consistently enough to have those types of players every year.

I'm also not sold on Josh Allen personally. Think he has good "physical tools" but has never shown very good accuracy or decision making. Most of his highlight videos from last year that all these people put together look more like Tanner Gentry highlight tapes as much if not more so than Allen highlights.

Without guys to bail Allen out he hasn't looked good either. So lots of blame to go around. I would rather have qb that was accurate and made good decisions than one that just has a big arm but only completes half his passes and fires fastballs at receivers all game long.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….