Oregon at Wyoming game chat

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We have a glaring lack of weapons that is becoming evident as the season progresses. I really hope price is a difference maker because josh can't connect with people who are not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Season Record:

w/Vigen 4-8
wo/Vigen 6-6

Anybody notice the diverse Oregon offense?
This is the dumbest response I've ever read. Oregon runs like 6 different plays. Might as well say that Air Force runs a diverse offense

W-Y, Until I Die!
wrxman
Buckaroo

Pokes fans showed up today, the defence did too. Offence sucked and all of the stupid procedural f-word-ups pushed us off the ledge. I hope Josh isn't banged up too bad.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 pm Does Josh benefit by coming back for a senior season with a more mature supporting cast? I only ask because the support he had with B.Hill, Gentry, Hollister, Maulhardt, and Roullier...that's a lot to replace.
Not if they still suck.
Josh better go while the market is still hot. Another couple of non-conference turdfests next year and he might not get drafted at all.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:35 pm
PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 pm Does Josh benefit by coming back for a senior season with a more mature supporting cast? I only ask because the support he had with B.Hill, Gentry, Hollister, Maulhardt, and Roullier...that's a lot to replace.
Not if they still suck.
Josh better go while the market is still hot. Another couple of non-conference turdfests next year and he might not get drafted at all.
At this rate of production...he will be an UFA fighting for a roster position of some team that will most likely not be looking for a franchise QB...He will end up with an unproductive career in the CFL before becoming a motivational speaker...
hutchenc
Buckaroo

Wait...did the duck hunt not go according to plan? I'm shocked.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd suck this bad this year. Josh looks like a jv quarterback and our offense runs one of three plays every time.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:54 pm I frankly hope the hype for Allen dies way down. If we are going to crap the bed every time scouts are in the stands I would rather them not be there. A high draft pick is all fine and dandy. I would rather see Wyoming win games then have a high draft pick due to potential
I think his performance in this game will pretty much take care of the hype. He's been abysmal.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:39 pm
WyoWrestler44 wrote:I'm in the stands right now. I'm f-word pissed I paid this much for: 1. Tickets 2. Hotel room 3. f-word dumb poop, overpriced beer sales that have ridiculously long lines at the stadium 4. Overpriced concessions 5. Cowboy Joe Club "donation" for a tailgate spot that is not available because they sold more spots than are actually there to watch a sub-rate Wyoming team get their asses kicked by an "ok" Oregon team. Totally pathetic. Maybe we shouldn't be D1
They drop down I'll never go to another football game in Laramie.

Technically there was only one team playing Division I quality football in Laramie last kind night.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wingard misses so many damn tackles. Why won't he tackle the legs? He is a piss poor tackler
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
WyoWrestler44 wrote:I'm in the stands right now. I'm f-word pissed I paid this much for: 1. Tickets 2. Hotel room 3. f-word dumb poop, overpriced beer sales that have ridiculously long lines at the stadium 4. Overpriced concessions 5. Cowboy Joe Club "donation" for a tailgate spot that is not available because they sold more spots than are actually there to watch a sub-rate Wyoming team get their asses kicked by an "ok" Oregon team. Totally pathetic. Maybe we shouldn't be D1

Technically there was only one team playing Division I quality football in Laramie last kind night.
Go spew your BS to have Wyoming drop divisions elsewhere. I for one, am not interested.

SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:51 am
SDPokeFan wrote:

Go spew your BS to have Wyoming drop divisions elsewhere. I for one, am not interested.

All I said is they didn't look D1 last night. What they really need to quit doing is scheduling these body bag games. I know people who invested $500 or more between travel, tickets, rooms, etc. and for what?
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

I was not at the game but did watch it on TV. On TV anyway it looked like our receivers were seldom open much, but their receivers were open a lot, often very wide open. What did people see that were at the game that might explain this?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

We were giving their receivers a 10 yard cushion. They were playing our receivers in a tight man coverage - and either they were damn good at it or else our receivers weren't very good at getting themselves open.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:05 pm

w/Vigen 4-8
wo/Vigen 6-6

This is the dumbest response I've ever read. Oregon runs like 6 different plays. Might as well say that Air Force runs a diverse offense
I counted at least ten Oregon plays. My "diverse" reference was intended to be in contrast to the Pokes. And yes, AFA does have a diverse offense but it is mainly running. Look how it worked and confused Michigan in a game AFA could have won. And I do appreciate being number 1 in dumb responses (although the post was not actually a response to any other statement or post)
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:03 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:05 pm

w/Vigen 4-8
wo/Vigen 6-6

I counted at least ten Oregon plays. My "diverse" reference was intended to be in contrast to the Pokes. And yes, AFA does have a diverse offense but it is mainly running. Look how it worked and confused Michigan in a game AFA could have won. And I do appreciate being number 1 in dumb responses (although the post was not actually a response to any other statement or post)
Maybe Wyoming should go to the triple option. At least Navy and AFA seem to do well with it and compete against bigger schools using it even though they have smaller players and are not the same caliber of athlete.

Be better than what we are seeing.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
hutchenc
Buckaroo

All I said is they didn't look D1 last night. What they really need to quit doing is scheduling these body bag games. I know people who invested $500 or more between travel, tickets, rooms, etc. and for what?
Spot on man. UW can't compete with the big boys and they never will. Period. UW hyped this up as a game they could win, wait...I got an email saying that this game was a match-up between two top teams in the west...what a joke! Someone forgot that UW isn't a top team, in any region, and not even in the MWC. Anyone who saw their first two games knew Oregon was gonna just kick UW's ass, and if they didn't, they had some brown/gold shaded glasses. A middle of the road PAC12 team came to town, emphatically kicked UW's ass, and the game was over before half-time. And a bunch of fans dropped some serious coin on that! Pathetic, but sad for the fans who bought that drivel.

Frankly, this university's administration and this stupid legislature deserve the embarrassment. They'll keep getting it, year in and year out. It's hilarious...the delusion that UW would be able to even hang with Oregon. SDSU is gonna be ugly. Border War? Might be a scrimmage for CSU. They even gave Bohl a raise last year...what a bunch of morons we have on this Board of Trustees and the folks running UW! Maybe the legislature can fund some new buildings or buy a bigger scoreboard to make UW not suck as much?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

hutchenc wrote:

Spot on man. UW can't compete with the big boys and they never will. Period. UW hyped this up as a game they could win, wait...I got an email saying that this game was a match-up between two top teams in the west...what a joke! Someone forgot that UW isn't a top team, in any region, and not even in the MWC. Anyone who saw their first two games knew Oregon was gonna just kick UW's ass, and if they didn't, they had some brown/gold shaded glasses. A middle of the road PAC12 team came to town, emphatically kicked UW's ass, and the game was over before half-time. And a bunch of fans dropped some serious coin on that! Pathetic, but sad for the fans who bought that drivel.

Frankly, this university's administration and this stupid legislature deserve the embarrassment. They'll keep getting it, year in and year out. It's hilarious...the delusion that UW would be able to even hang with Oregon. SDSU is gonna be ugly. Border War? Might be a scrimmage for CSU. They even gave Bohl a raise last year...what a bunch of morons we have on this Board of Trustees and the folks running UW! Maybe the legislature can fund some new buildings or buy a bigger scoreboard to make UW not suck as much?
Good, you can stop watching and being a Wyoming fan. You're the worst type.

W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

$$ grabs only, anymore, unless they prove me wrong(someday), so disappointing to NOT have really shown up, oh well trials and tribulations of being a Wyoming fan, that's why it's ok to have a Power 5 fave as well
hutchenc
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:37 am
hutchenc wrote:

Good, you can stop watching and being a Wyoming fan. You're the worst type.

I'm not a Pokes fan. I just like f*cking with people like you who are delusional enough to think that UW matters even in Colorado, much less in the sh*tty Mountain West conference that will disintegrate when anchor Boise State leaves for greener pastures in a few years. Can you say Sun Belt?

The highlight of a Pokes fan's season is beating the Sheep humpers...who are generally sh*tty enough to get their ass kicked in Mile High by a CU team that hasn't mattered since 2001, but still matters more than a decent MW Pokes team in 2016 by a country mile.

Woohoo, the Pokes beat Hawaii by one TD in OT. Welcome back to irrelevance!