no duck decoys set out????

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyoair
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 pm I could use some advice. I'm bringing my wife to he first Wyo game. Her first time ever in Wyoming! I would like to take for an afternoon hike. Should we go to Snowy Range or Vedauwoo? Any advice is helpful.
Both are beautiful areas. It depends on how long you have to stay. The snowies are further away and I would suggest this if you have a few days to spare. Vedauwoo is much closer but still provides some beautiful scenery.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:01 pm
scodux wrote:How about recommendations for parking? Is there any place that's a little easier/more convenient than others? Somewhere where I can park my car with a huge Oregon O on it and not have it vandalized preferably!
I’d park south of the stadium by Washington Park. It’s in a nice residential area, away from students

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We aren't that kind of UW but it's where I park as well, in Rawlins you need to go see about Rose's for good Mexican too, but don't let the book be judged by a cover
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

phxpoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 pm I could use some advice. I'm bringing my wife to he first Wyo game. Her first time ever in Wyoming! I would like to take for an afternoon hike. Should we go to Snowy Range or Vedauwoo? Any advice is helpful.
Turtle rock trail Vedauwoo or the waterfall trail in Curt Gowdy
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Roses lariat in Rawlins is the best Mexican, but u have to have cash if I remember correctly. The green chili is the star of the show. Get it on whatever dinner u want. Cloverleaf is good and less crowded, but not on par with roses. Su casa is damn good, their fajitas are some of the best I've ever had...

If u have time, drive from Rawlins Saturday morning and go through Saratoga. The drive through the mountains to Laramie is worth the extra time. It's purty.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:42 pm Roses lariat in Rawlins is the best Mexican, but u have to have cash if I remember correctly. The green chili is the star of the show. Get it on whatever dinner u want. Cloverleaf is good and less crowded, but not on par with roses. Su casa is damn good, their fajitas are some of the best I've ever had...

If u have time, drive from Rawlins Saturday morning and go through Saratoga. The drive through the mountains to Laramie is worth the extra time. It's purty.
And have some prime rib at the Wolf while in Saratoga!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:42 pm Roses lariat in Rawlins is the best Mexican, but u have to have cash if I remember correctly. The green chili is the star of the show. Get it on whatever dinner u want. Cloverleaf is good and less crowded, but not on par with roses. Su casa is damn good, their fajitas are some of the best I've ever had...

totally 2nd everything on this, don't take I-80 to Laramie, go to Saratoga and take 130 across Snowy Range Byway, YOU WON'T be disappointed. takes you right into Laramie
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Good idea to drive over the mountain. Well worth the extra time.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

scodux wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:57 am How about recommendations for parking? Is there any place that's a little easier/more convenient than others? Somewhere where I can park my car with a huge Oregon O on it and not have it vandalized preferably!
Head East on Grand Ave. Look for the Toyota dealership on the right. Park on that street. Short walk to stadium and quick getaway East on Grand to I-25 West avoiding traffic from the stadium. Check it out on Google maps.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:01 pm
scodux wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:57 am How about recommendations for parking? Is there any place that's a little easier/more convenient than others? Somewhere where I can park my car with a huge Oregon O on it and not have it vandalized preferably!
Head East on Grand Ave. Look for the Toyota dealership on the right. Park on that street. Short walk to stadium and quick getaway East on Grand to I-25 West avoiding traffic from the stadium. Check it out on Google maps.
I thought there was a bunch of construction that had shut all of that down for the time being? Or did that change? Just saw it pop up on facebook the other day to not drive in that area.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 pm
I thought there was a bunch of construction that had shut all of that down for the time being? Or did that change? Just saw it pop up on facebook the other day to not drive in that area.
Could be construction now. Don't know. That's where I've parked in the past. Sorry if it is closed off now, but should be easy to check.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:14 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 pm
Could be construction now. Don't know. That's where I've parked in the past. Sorry if it is closed off now, but should be easy to check.
9th-15th
Newsduck
Buckaroo

Greetings to Cowboy fans! I worked with a Wyoming alum in Seattle for several years, and I gained an appreciation for your program and have long pulled for it(just not this weekend;).

I think most Duck fans are feeling pretty good about our new coaching staff, as the program seems reinvigorated. I'm expecting the Ducks to prevail this weekend, but I'm also anticipating a battle, given how big the game is for UW. The altitude is certainly a factor and Allen looks like a stud, but I'm hoping our overall talent and depth is enough to overcome those factors and lead to a Duck victory. Should be a great game. Wish I was going, as I've been through Wyoming once in my life, and it was truly beautiful.

GO DUCKS!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Newsduck wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:39 am Greetings to Cowboy fans! I worked with a Wyoming alum in Seattle for several years, and I gained an appreciation for your program and have long pulled for it(just not this weekend;).

I think most Duck fans are feeling pretty good about our new coaching staff, as the program seems reinvigorated. I'm expecting the Ducks to prevail this weekend, but I'm also anticipating a battle, given how big the game is for UW. The altitude is certainly a factor and Allen looks like a stud, but I'm hoping our overall talent and depth is enough to overcome those factors and lead to a Duck victory. Should be a great game. Wish I was going, as I've been through Wyoming once in my life, and it was truly beautiful.

GO DUCKS!!

The fall conditions (temperature, wind, and maybe snow) for the game tomorrow will possibly be a factor. Oregon is a beautiful state also. We have had quite a few recruits come our way from Oregon.
Our depth and talent is getting to a good level also, but I would say we are lacking experience at a few positions. Some of our inexperienced players were a little overwhelmed in the first game against Iowa, but with two games under their belt, they are getting used to the speed & flow of the game. I think we will see some differences in tomorrow's game that we haven't seen in our first two games.

GO POKES
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.