2 deep.....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

is coming today, here's a preview.

It sounds like Javaree Jackson, Logan Harris, Alonzo Valasquez, Ravontae Holt, Tim Zaleski, Avontae Cox, and Jared Scott won't be getting redshirts. Brett Gilliland is in concussion protocal, so that explains 2 freshmen making the d tackle rotation. He didn't mention Va or C.J. Coldon during the interview. I'm guessing both of them may make it. C.J. gives us a weapon in the defensive backfield we don't have. We'll see if Va beat Wisdorf to the back-up spot behind Caash.

Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Who is the female reporter? She is clueless...and quite an embarrassment. :thumbdown:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:41 pm Who is the female reporter? She is clueless...and quite an embarrassment. :thumbdown:
Agreed. Someone needs to write her questions for her.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I wish JA'chai Baker hadn't gotten himself kicked off the team. Hopefully the two freshmen are the real deal or else we'll be super thin on DL again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Here it is.

Va did make the 2 deep.

One surprise for me: Kevin Prosser is backing up Granderson and Josiah Hall is starting on the other end.

http://www.gowyo.com/news/wyoming-relea ... 08-21-2017

National Champions 1943.

I do.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I wish the returners were listed... I'm curious to see if Conway will still be fielding punts or if he's needed more at the receiver position with how inexperienced we are there
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:43 pm I wish the returners were listed... I'm curious to see if Conway will still be fielding punts or if he's needed more at the receiver position with how inexperienced we are there
I think I saw an interview earlier in camp that said AC would be returning punts this year, but this leads me to believe we have some weapons in the return game and we're holding back a surprise.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I still don't think Prosser is at a weight were he can play every down, but needs to see the field on clear passing downs.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:05 pm I still don't think Prosser is at a weight were he can play every down, but needs to see the field on clear passing downs.
I think Bradley flips his d ends depending on where the tight end is at, so the best pass rusher is always lined up on the weak side. Maybe Hazelton brought that with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Prosser and Granderson are on the field on 3rd and long though.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Crazy that this is still such a young roster. Only 7 seniors on the entire 2-deep (and only 9 on the entire roster after Trevor Meader announced his departure).

Drew VanMaanen
Ryan Cummings
Jalen Ortiz
Robert Priester
Rico Gafford
Tim Kamana
Kolton Donovan
-------------------
Dalton Fields
Taniela Lolohea
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:39 pm Crazy that this is still such a young roster. Only 7 seniors on the entire 2-deep (and only 9 on the entire roster after Trevor Meader announced his departure).

Drew VanMaanen
Ryan Cummings
Jalen Ortiz
Robert Priester
Rico Gafford
Tim Kamana
Kolton Donovan
-------------------
Dalton Fields
Taniela Lolohea
Might as well Josh Allen to this list. But your point still remains... very young team again this year.
Boise and SDSU fans are claiming that they are setting up for a big 2018, it looks like we may be as well
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:39 pm Crazy that this is still such a young roster. Only 7 seniors on the entire 2-deep (and only 9 on the entire roster after Trevor Meader announced his departure).

Drew VanMaanen
Ryan Cummings
Jalen Ortiz
Robert Priester
Rico Gafford
Tim Kamana
Kolton Donovan
-------------------
Dalton Fields
Taniela Lolohea
I was talking to my brother on the phone earlier and we were trying to think of the seniors off hand. We knew there weren't many, but damn, we're still a very young football team.

We need to keep a hold of Bohl/Company for a while. We're set up to compete for championships year in and year out now.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Surprised that Prosser isn't starting too. I bet we see plenty of him though. Good to see that Tyler Hall hung on to that starting corner spot. That means he's dang good imo. And finally, wow, Logan Harris. Hard to put into word how impressive it is that he's our starting C as a true freshmen. Harris looks strong as an ox I can't watch him throwing that shot enoughhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JjuAp1rfw. rare combo of agility and raw power.

Oh and Kudos to Garrett Crall and Schwab on making the two-deep as walk ons. Pretty cool to see
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We have 9 seniors, 22 juniors, 23 sophomores and too many freshmen to count (40 something with redshirts and walk-ons).

Next years team will be loaded with upper classmen.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Considering that Rush was pretty good for a freshman guard and having spring to work at C says a lot about Harris at C.

W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Center is the most important spot on the OL. Logan pushing for that starting position as a freshman is for one, an incredibly rare scenario, and two suggests he is going to be special. Most freshman OL are slam dunks to redshirt and nowhere near the competition for starting spots. Time to rev up the Logan Harris bandwagon.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:26 am Center is the most important spot on the OL. Logan pushing for that starting position as a freshman is for one, an incredibly rare scenario, and two suggests he is going to be special. Most freshman OL are slam dunks to redshirt and nowhere near the competition for starting spots. Time to rev up the Logan Harris bandwagon.
Anyone that can break a 30 year old record, set by an olympic silver medalist, has exceptional strength. If his mental game is right, and it sounds like it is, he does have a chance to become a Wyoming legend and an future NFL guy.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 am
J-Rod wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:26 am Center is the most important spot on the OL. Logan pushing for that starting position as a freshman is for one, an incredibly rare scenario, and two suggests he is going to be special. Most freshman OL are slam dunks to redshirt and nowhere near the competition for starting spots. Time to rev up the Logan Harris bandwagon.
Anyone that can break a 30 year old record, set by an olympic silver medalist, has exceptional strength. If his mental game is right, and it sounds like it is, he does have a chance to become a Wyoming legend and an future NFL guy.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 am
Pump the brakes on saying he has a "chance" to become a Wyoming legend and an NFL guy?

No thanks.

The sky is the limit for Logan Harris.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I for one am a little concerned that a freshman is considered the best man for the job at this position. I hope he is up to the task.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!