Next step, we learned how to win, will we learn how to dominate?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think before we talk about domination I would like to see us play winning ball on the road. We were amazing at home and on the road... ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:12 pm I think before we talk about domination I would like to see us play winning ball on the road. We were amazing at home and on the road... ouch

Agreed.

Hopefully that step and the step that allows our defense to not be a national embarrassment will be part of a bigger step towards domination.

You know what the team goal is this year: MWC championship and Fiesta Bowl.

Are we ready?

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Question marks surrounding the season aside, this video makes me want to put on pads and go hit someone!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Yep. That video kicks ass.

On the other subject, we have a lot to prove.

1. Can the offense remain potent with the loss of Roullier, Hill, Hollister, Gentry, and Malhaurt?
2. Can the defense start to show a pulse verses the read option?
3. Can the entire team perform, when the pressure is on, and the spotlights of the nation are all pointed at Laramie?

I'm optimistic, but it wouldn't surprise me if the team back slid from last year. We have a lot to prove.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:Yep. That video kicks ass.

1. Can the offense remain potent with the loss of Roullier, Hill, Hollister, Gentry, and Malhaurt?
3. Can the entire team perform, when the pressure is on, and the spotlights of the nation are all pointed at Laramie?

I'm optimistic, but it wouldn't surprise me if the team back slid from last year. We have a lot to prove.
A repeat performance will be tough. Two top 25 wins, hosting the championship game. That's some big shoes

johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

pokefanchaz7 wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Yep. That video kicks ass.

A repeat performance will be tough. Two top 25 wins, hosting the championship game. That's some big shoes

Flying to Laramie in late Nov last year for championship, coming up short leaves an empty feeling in my gut. Can't imagine what our boys are feeling coming into this season. I imagine they are plenty hungry to take the bull by the horns. Never been one to suggest how things go, but I like the trajectory of Wyo Football.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

It will be tough to repeat the success of last season. I'm not predicting them to do so, but it wouldn't shock me one bit.

I think it's pretty telling that the two best teams last year are pretty similar schematically on offense. Both want to run the ball down your throat. There are a lot of good rushing teams, but most of the others seem more finesse in their attacks. Wyoming and SDSU are a different, throwback breed of ground game, and I think it gives a bit of an advantage to those two teams that they can replicate, no matter the personnel.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Speaking of the ground game, I was looking at last year's national stats and noticed a nice development.

Three of the four worst MWC teams in rush defense last year were Hawaii, San Jose State and Fresno State, all over 230 ypg allowed and all on the schedule this year.
Last edited by joshvanklomp on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We don't play Nevada this year as they are in the west division and are not in the rotation this year

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:09 pm We don't play Nevada this year as they are in the west division and are not in the rotation this year
Whoops, don't know why I was thinking they were in the Mountain.