CSU will be extra super pissed about Wyoming's Colorado talent this season.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

There's a co worker CSU alum down the hall that advised to me that "it's Rams not Sheep: and that their new stadium is way better than the War, I said I sure hope so for the $$ they've dumped into that and that they are outta that p.o.s that is/was Hughes Stadium. When I asked who do they open with she said I don't know but we are the 1st team to play on Aug. 26th. whoo hooo when I told her it was Oregon St she got all excited and I said NOT the Ducks the Beavers. I said we'll see who's better come Nov. 4 when we shear the sheeeep, she didn't like that too much neither, toooooo baaaaaad, sooooo saaaaaad
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:45 pm There's a co worker CSU alum down the hall that advised to me that "it's Rams not Sheep: and that their new stadium is way better than the War, I said I sure hope so for the $$ they've dumped into that and that they are outta that p.o.s that is/was Hughes Stadium. When I asked who do they open with she said I don't know but we are the 1st team to play on Aug. 26th. whoo hooo when I told her it was Oregon St she got all excited and I said NOT the Ducks the Beavers. I said we'll see who's better come Nov. 4 when we shear the sheeeep, she didn't like that too much neither, toooooo baaaaaad, sooooo saaaaaad
Yeah, it's cookie cutter. There's nothing about it that stands out from the crowd. It's generic. It probably ranks about 195th in nicest stadiums in the U.S.A.

Let's be honest, CSU was playing catch up. We've had an on campus stadium for 70 years.

I'm of the mind of Fenway Sports Group. They didn't build a new stadium for the Red Sox or Liverpool. They renovated the stadiums they already own to keep the atmosphere, history, and emotional attachment that people have when they've been going to the same stadium for years.

When all is said and done with War Memorial, it will be just as nice and we'll maintain the great things about the War we already love. All we have left is the west side of the War and it's finished.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
knhendon
Buckaroo

Parking - meh

Stadium - meh

The marketing and hype of the Stadium by CSU has been outstanding. I wish our Athletics/University/Marketing Dept. would have done better marketing all the improvements taking flight at UW.

My CSU friends have been more than happy to fill my inbox/facebook/etc. with the drone stadium summaries, past & current player stadium interviews, weekly stadium walk-through videos, construction update videos, web construction cam, time-lapse videos, articles, flyers, brochures, etc.

Getting updates on our construction projects seems to require a wyonation member sneaking site access, taking pics and uploading them to the forum.

However, it is still go Pokes and let's kick some ass.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I think csewe had to build a stadium. The problem - as anyone knows who's been to hughes- is there is only one road into the place. If it's worth the tremendous cost is another issue. I know the local bars around the place are happy about it. Nothing makes me happier than beating the sheep. But I long for the old days when they spent less money on athletics than every school in the conference.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

The lambs are home for only 2 games out of the first 6, and could finish that stretch at 2-4 with wins over Abilene Christian and Utah State. They have a real shot at losing to Oregon State, Alabama, Hawaii and Colorado. If they come into game 7 with a 2-4 record (or they drop the USU game and are 1-5), they will be lucky to put 20,000 asses in their new stadium. Bobo is under a lot of pressure to win and things could be looking pretty glum for him and his goats by the time they roll into Laramie to face the Pokes. I'm no Nostradamus, but I'm not buying all the preseason hype that CSU is going to be worldbeaters, even with their new digs. I'll predict they are lucky to finish 6-6 and more likely are looking at a 5-7 season. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

CSU sucks. They may start 1-5. They wildly overestimating their team.

As for their stadium they replaced an outdated, dilapidated building with a new one. As should be expected. Not a big deal at all. And the stadium is nothing spcial
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I can't bag on their new stadium. They got it done when a lot here didn't think they could. I wouldn't mind bashing it myself but the west side needs done so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm I can't bag on their new stadium. They got it done when a lot here didn't think they could. I wouldn't mind bashing it myself but the west side needs done so bad.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly where I am too. I don't want CSU to suck and I wish them relative success - because then it feels even better when we crush their hopes and dreams.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

well Bobo is having tons of success recruiting outside the Mountain West region. CSU has signed better talent under Bobo than just about any other Group of Five program. Will be interesting to see how they develop talent because they could become really really good (they were really really good down the stretch last season).
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 am well Bobo is having tons of success recruiting outside the Mountain West region. CSU has signed better talent under Bobo than just about any other Group of Five program. Will be interesting to see how they develop talent because they could become really really good (they were really really good down the stretch last season).
Until that gem in the Tater Bowl against Idaho...

They were pretty good down the stretch and destroyed SDSU at home. My concern is that Bobo finally pulled his head out of his keester long enough to realize that Stevens should be his QB. Whether Bobo has sorted out his player development program beyond Stevens...I am a little skeptical.

As for the tremendous talent being assembled in Fart Colons, we have heard the same thing for quite a few seasons now. First it was Fairchild. Pete Thomas was supposed to be God's gift. Um...well... Then it was McElwain (which sorted out a little better, at least for one season). Now it is Bobo. To date, he has screwed the pooch in the "big" games. His teams were not prepared and he has gotten outcoached. And while I like Marty English, so long as he is DC, I will question Bobo's judgment and skill as a HC. Marty is a hell of a linebackers coach. He is not a DC.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

So Marty English is like Steve Stanard?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:44 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm I can't bag on their new stadium. They got it done when a lot here didn't think they could. I wouldn't mind bashing it myself but the west side needs done so bad.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly where I am too. I don't want CSU to suck and I wish them relative success - because then it feels even better when we crush their hopes and dreams.
Yeah don't suck till we mop shop with yer wool then after we crush ya then suck by all means, I "kinda" can't wait to go visit their new stadium in '18 as well
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:05 pm So Marty English is like Steve Stanard?
Stanard is on a different level...all by himself.

English is a darn good LB coach who is over his head in a DC position. English can recruit.
hutchenc
Buckaroo

Damn...you'd think the War was some impressive stadium. Newsflash...it's nothing special.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

hutchenc wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:53 am Damn...you'd think the War was some impressive stadium. Newsflash...it's nothing special.
Still the best field in college football, at least. ;)

And I think a lot of people here would appreciate further upgrades of War Memorial in general. Love the stadium itself, though.
hutchenc
Buckaroo

Damn...you need to get out more. Check out a few high school stadiums in Texas maybe. Even in this region, Folsom Field in Boulder crushes War Memorial Stadium by a mile. I guess that's to be expected though from a Power 5 school vs. a perennial doormat of the WAC and the MWC.

I will say that the War was impressive in 2009 when Texas came to town and half the stadium was full of burnt orange.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

hutchenc wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:49 am Damn...you need to get out more. Check out a few high school stadiums in Texas maybe. Even in this region, Folsom Field in Boulder crushes War Memorial Stadium by a mile. I guess that's to be expected though from a Power 5 school vs. a perennial doormat of the WAC and the MWC.
Talking about the field, not the stadium. Not that reading appears to be a strength of most CSU grads (though I did hire one recently, and he's more or less pulled his weight, so there's that).