recent Brian Hill article

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

good read but sure still wish he woulda stayed for his Senior season not only to compliment a wonderful QB but to make the records at UW almost unobtainable, that's my selfishness coming thru tho. Good Luck BH
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

There was another article recently that talked about him possibly being cut. From a random blogger type I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:58 pm There was another article recently that talked about him possibly being cut. From a random blogger type I believe

Vaughn McClure of ESPN

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/ ... -bust-bust
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Dan Quinn after day 7 of training camp:

On Brian Hill fitting in with the offense and complimenting the backfield:
“He has. He’s really battled for it. He’s a bigger man and I think those types of backs show up a little more in the padded practices so to speak. You feel his size and you feel his strength. Now, we’re trying to work him in on special teams as well and see what role he can have. He’ll get a significant amount of work in the preseason along with Terron Ward as we’re going through. We’re really trying to see where this battle goes as far as the third halfback plays out.”
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

CodyPoke wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:49 pm Dan Quinn after day 7 of training camp:

On Brian Hill fitting in with the offense and complimenting the backfield:
“He has. He’s really battled for it. He’s a bigger man and I think those types of backs show up a little more in the padded practices so to speak. You feel his size and you feel his strength. Now, we’re trying to work him in on special teams as well and see what role he can have. He’ll get a significant amount of work in the preseason along with Terron Ward as we’re going through. We’re really trying to see where this battle goes as far as the third halfback plays out.”
Yeah, Hill always did better in games then in practice. But it sounds like he's ensuring his spot on the team!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I see he switched numbers with a DB. Now 25 instead of 38. Much better!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I see he switched numbers with a DB. Now 25 instead of 38. Much better!
This should make a huge difference. He will be first in the rotation for sure.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Falcons' first unofficial depth chart offers clues for 2017 season

4. Brian Hill falling
As suspected, rookie running back Brian Hill’s stock is falling.

Hill had a lot of fanfare heading into the offseason, but it seems he has not been able to separate himself from third-year back Terron Ward, who is still listed at No. 3 behind Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman.

Making matters more complicated, Hill also now has to compete with Fred Taylor’s son for a roster spot.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

It could be his only way to stick around in Atlanta is on the practice squad
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:07 am It could be his only way to stick around in Atlanta is on the practice squad
I hope he doesn't stay on the practice squad... RB's always get so beat up my hope is that a roster spot opens up somewhere at some point in the preseason
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:20 am
joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:07 am It could be his only way to stick around in Atlanta is on the practice squad
I hope he doesn't stay on the practice squad... RB's always get so beat up my hope is that a roster spot opens up somewhere at some point in the preseason
I was only speaking of the situation in Atlanta.

But in order to be placed on the practice squad, you have to clear waivers. That would give the other 31 teams an opportunity to add him to their active roster if they want.

The Broncos RB situation isn't exactly stable.....
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Would be a shame if he never played a single down of NFL football, but it's entirely possible. Sometimes you never get the break you need.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Wouldn't it be a shame to go from elite level rb at Wyoming with one more year of eligibility to refine your skills to a practice squad player

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think he would not clear waivers and would get picked up by another team. He took the bird in hand is better than two in the bush approach. Refining his skills for one more year is a bigger gamble. He still gets a 250k bonus and if at worst he goes practice squad he would be making 150k a year. What if he stays for a senior year and gets a concussion like Shawn Wick? Than he has no money. Might not have been the best decision but it isn't a wrong decision either.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

They brought in the extra RB because one the other RBs is injured

W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I don't mean to sound like a hater, but it doesn't really shock me that he's struggling.

This statement really doesn't have to do with how I view his talent, but more that I believe the offensive system caters to RBs and they will always look good. It's a big reason why I've really not been concerned with how the ground game will be.

This team will always run the ball well. Maybe no one will get the volume stats Hill got in his Wyo career, but I think the running game as a whole will stay just as strong as long as Craig Bohl is coach. Keep in mind that in his 11 years at NDSU, Bohl had 14 players with 1,000-yard seasons on the ground. I don't care what level of competition you're at, that's impressive! And it shows a trend. Add the same in two of the three years here.

Bohl can recruit running backs. And he puts them in a position to succeed. In a way though, it can do them a slight disservice because a great system like that can make almost anyone look good. Plug anyone in, and get the same result, but that player won't be as good in another situation. It's like how the Denver Broncos RBs used to be. Plug in Olandis Gary or Mike Anderson and you still get a 1,000-yard rusher....
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

I wonder if he has had holes to run through and if so, is he unable to break tackles? Did anyone see him play in the first preseason game?
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I tried to watch, missed most of his runs. He struggled quite a bit to find the holes. Didn't break many tackles either. The other Falcon RBs didn't struggle as much as Hill.