New dorm study coming.....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

It's not even going to be as nice as the old plan, but at least it shows they're serious about doing something about it.

We need nice dorms.

http://www.laramieboomerang.com/news/lo ... ign=buffer
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Glad they are trying to do something, as we have needed new dorms for years.

I worry UW will spend 10 years renovating and 10 years from now the "new" renovations will be outdated due to scrapping the "full" re-build plan due to cost. Hopefully that does not become the case, but without a re-build it will be hard to make rooms any bigger, add private bathrooms, or more study areas (all 3 of which are listed in the article as the big reasons) as the footprint of the building has to remain the same without a re-build. I imagine the only option to add those enhancements will be to decrease the total number of dorm rooms available, which doesn't help much on the goal of increasing enrollment if there are no dorm rooms available for new students.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

The old plan was so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:44 pm The old plan was so cool.

Agreed. It was all class.

Renovating those WW2 bunkers isn't going to cut it.

We need to do the dorms right, not half-assed, like a CSU facility.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
UWyo85
Buckaroo

Demo Hill and Crane (already done???) and start from scratch. Not much you can do with the floorplan of the four masoleums.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

They were "ancient" when I was there 88-93, I stayed 4 outta my 5 years on campus cuz I don't like to cook, LOL
1 year McIntyre, 2 years in Downey, 1 in Hill
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

UWyo85 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:33 pm Demo Hill and Crane (already done???) and start from scratch. Not much you can do with the floorplan of the four masoleums.
Realistically, they all need tore down and rebuilt. They're all outdated, cramped, dumpy, old military barracks. Army and Navy recruits live in nicer facilities than Wyoming freshmen.

I really hope we don't half ass this project like phase 2 of the AA, because this one facility has a chance to drive enrollment more than any other facility in Laramie.

They need to build a palace and drive enrollment to 15,000.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Bad timing when the state's economy is in the tank, the prison needs torn down and rebuilt, and so does student housing.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

The engineering firm and contractors that built the prison should be paying for the new prison. That is absolutely asinine that 15 years is all they got out of that prison

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:The engineering firm and contractors that built the prison should be paying for the new prison. That is absolutely asinine that 15 years is all they got out of that prison

This [emoji817]

W-Y, Until I Die!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 pm
pokefanchaz7 wrote:The engineering firm and contractors that built the prison should be paying for the new prison. That is absolutely asinine that 15 years is all they got out of that prison

This [emoji817]

It was the committee that decided on the location that was at fault more than anyone else. They were told the ground was unstable in that location.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:22 am The engineering firm and contractors that built the prison should be paying for the new prison. That is absolutely asinine that 15 years is all they got out of that prison

You spelled Architect wrong.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I guess the point is that the people responsible for building it from the contractors to the engineers all the way to the architects etc.

You simply cannot build something that costs that much money and have my 1995 dodge pickup outlast it.

People at some point need to stand by their work. They accepted the money to build it they should have the responsibility of standing by their work

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!