Athletic Director Compensation

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

If you are curious on the athletic director salaries and total compensation at all FBS schools here is a website to see them. You can sort by salary or total compensation. Burman is in the bottom 6 either way.

http://sportsinfo.pro/AthleticDirector2017.html
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

And still grossly overpaid.....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

you get what you pay for
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

I think he's doing fine. Just a little more vision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 pm I think he's doing fine. Just a little more vision

Solid coaches and continual improvement to the facilities....and now beer. I think he is doing fine too.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
laxwyo wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 pm I think he's doing fine. Just a little more vision

Solid coaches and continual improvement to the facilities....and now beer. I think he is doing fine too.
It's too bad the beer garden thing came over budget and will be half assed

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

JimmyDimes wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:26 am

Just took him six years to get his feet under him lol
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:49 am

I am sure it is not surprise to anyone here...I have been very critical of Tom and some of his decisions and statements to the media. From the Heath extension, Heath firing debacle, Dickface extension, AA reseating situation, to the "no coach will ever make $1,000,000 at the University of Wyoming" - he has used 8 of his 9 lives.

That said, I have to say that I think after 10+ years in the position, he gets it now. He is doing a solid job at this point in his tenure. Could he have more vision, and strive to put Wyoming in a better situation (realignment)? Definitely - but credit is given by this Poke Fan, especially when we have things like the HAPC being built.
Last edited by McPeachy on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

about right in my opinion, still not a fan, but will say the facilities are great really the only thing his legacy was good for
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:27 am

I am sure it is not surprise to anyone here...I have been very critical of Tom and some of his decisions and statements to the media. From the Heath extension, Heath firing debacle, Dickface extension, AA reseating situation, to the "no coach as Wyoming will ever make $1,000,000 at the University of Wyoming" - he has used 8 of his 9 lives.

That said, I have to say that I think after 10+ years in the position, he gets it now. He is doing a solid job at this point in his tenure. Could he have more vision, and strive to put Wyoming in a better situation (realignment)? Definitely - but credit is given by this Poke Fan, especially when we have things like the HAPC being built.
I could almost agree with you McPeach. But the AA remodel has been a clusterfvck. Why would we do it half-assed again?! Should have found more money to do it right instead of directing everything to the HAPC. Basketball has had the success to make it a priority.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

I am sure it is not surprise to anyone here...I have been very critical of Tom and some of his decisions and statements to the media. From the Heath extension, Heath firing debacle, Dickface extension, AA reseating situation, to the "no coach as Wyoming will ever make $1,000,000 at the University of Wyoming" - he has used 8 of his 9 lives.

I have to concur- Tom has definitely grown into the job and seems to now have the vision and ambition we need to move forward...

However, that being said, experimentation and learning on the job has come at what cost to UW Athletics? It's water under the bridge now, but it's something that should always be considered in future hiring decisions...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 am

I could almost agree with you McPeach. But the AA remodel has been a clusterfvck. Why would we do it half-assed again?! Should have found more money to do it right instead of directing everything to the HAPC. Basketball has had the success to make it a priority.
No doubt, you are right about that...the AA remodel has been nothing short of a joke. From only doing half of the seating and scrapping the "suites" area, to the seating reassignment CF & seating tariff, to the now scaled back exterior and interior concourse going on as we speak. Not good to say the least.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 amHowever, that being said, experimentation and learning on the job has come at what cost to UW Athletics? It's water under the bridge now, but it's something that should always be considered in future hiring decisions...
True, measurable costs - millions of dollars of mistakes. Unmeasurable - who knows, but it could make the measurable cost look quite miniscule. That is terrifying.

Give almost anyone 10 years to learn on the job with no repercussions, and to do as they please...:shock:
Dear Karma,

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:31 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 amHowever, that being said, experimentation and learning on the job has come at what cost to UW Athletics? It's water under the bridge now, but it's something that should always be considered in future hiring decisions...
True, measurable costs - millions of dollars of mistakes. Unmeasurable - who knows, but it could make the measurable cost look quite miniscule. That is terrifying.

Give almost anyone 10 years to learn on the job with no repercussions, and to do as they please...:shock:
...and anyone of barely above-average intelligence could figure it out...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
wyoskier24
Buckaroo

Between the $30 million AA renovation (including a $10 million match from the state), $44 million HAPC (including a $20 million match from the state), locking down the UNPRECEDENTED matching funds program through the state, getting Cowboy Joe Club donations to record highs year after year, getting wrestling to the Big 12, getting Bohl to Wyoming and making other strong hires like Chad Callihan for volleyball, his past 5-6 years have been underrated.

I think a lot of UW fans have taken those accomplishments for granted because they held grudges against him for a few notable, unpopular, unsuccessful decisions. At this time, gotta give credit where credit is due. Given his accomplishments from a financial standpoint alone, he's probably (certainly?) underpaid, IMO.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

wyoskier24 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:17 pm Between the $30 million AA renovation (including a $10 million match from the state), $44 million HAPC (including a $20 million match from the state), locking down the UNPRECEDENTED matching funds program through the state, getting Cowboy Joe Club donations to record highs year after year, getting wrestling to the Big 12, getting Bohl to Wyoming and making other strong hires like Chad Callihan for volleyball, his past 5-6 years have been underrated.

I think a lot of UW fans have taken those accomplishments for granted because they held grudges against him for a few notable, unpopular, unsuccessful decisions. At this time, gotta give credit where credit is due. Given his accomplishments from a financial standpoint alone, he's probably (certainly?) underpaid, IMO.
+1