2017 Vegas Win Totals

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:26 pm San diego state at 9.5? They play Stanford, Az. state, and Northern Illinois non conference. If they lose 2 of those, they have to will all of the rest of their games to get 10 wins.

What am I missing here? Are they that good?
I think Air Force will be a tougher opponent for them than ASU, but maybe that's just me... SDSU's schedule just isn't that bad outside of hosting Stanford.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:26 pm San diego state at 9.5? They play Stanford, Az. state, and Northern Illinois non conference. If they lose 2 of those, they have to will all of the rest of their games to get 10 wins.

They're a good program, but agreed...hardly trustworthy in OOC play. CSU beat them 3,672-3 in San Diego. If that's possible, the Aztecs more than capable of dropping a few they shouldn't.

Add in their traditional slow starts and need to replace a ton of key talent on defense...I think gambling on the under isn't a tough bet. 8-4/9-3 sounds about right.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I think 8 wins sounds about right, but wouldn't be suprised to see a two win swing either way. The Pokes were young last year and return the most starters this year. And, we have some decent depth at all but two positions....but solid starters. We lose a star in Hill and another in Gentry. Those guys will be tough to replace....especially Gentry. We need to find that go to guy to replace him. WR depth should be better this year and we should have more playmakers.

This is Bohl's 4th year and now this first year guys are either juniors or seniors. These guys have had another year in the weight room and another year under Bohl and in the program. The most returning starters in the MWC aren't going to get worse.

The D has a chance to be pretty good...especially if Granderson is back to full strength. And, I think the 3/4 headed running back rotation can be good too. Milo Hall is a guy we haven't had under Bohl He could be fun to watch behind a veteran O line.

Looking forward to some football.

Go Pokes!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

J-Rod wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:13 pm

They're a good program, but agreed...hardly trustworthy in OOC play. CSU beat them 3,672-3 in San Diego. If that's possible, the Aztecs more than capable of dropping a few they shouldn't.

Add in their traditional slow starts and need to replace a ton of key talent on defense...I think gambling on the under isn't a tough bet. 8-4/9-3 sounds about right.
5 dimes had the total at 9.5 as well. I bet more than 1/2 of my remaining balance on the under. Sadly, I had to pay at -130. SDS has to play Boise st, New mexico, and Air force. Plus, they don't have much of a home field advantage at that old Charger stadium.
Regarding us at 8 wins: I'm very hopeful that the defense will be better this year. If Bohl is 1/2 the recruiter everyone says, then we should start to improve. The defense at UNLV and New Mexico last year was embarrassing. I realize we had some key injuries. But I can't really bet on us to go over the 8 win total with the memory of those games.
The 2 big keys to the season imo will be Josh Allen's decision making and the defense. It would be nice if we could get a real pass rush.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

When it comes to Wyoming, I'd bet the under always. If they go over, eat the coin and enjoy the ride. If they go over, take the winnings and get a hooker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!