2017 Vegas Win Totals

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

The latest Vegas lines some confidence in the Pokes this year. I'd love an 8+ win season but am a little skeptical. Honestly surprised/happy to be higher than CSU since for whatever the reason the media has been slobbering all over them.

Mountain West
San Diego State: 9.5 (Over +110, Under -140)
Boise State: 8.5 (Over -160, Under +130)
Wyoming: 8 (Over -105, Under -115)
Colorado State: 7.5 (Over -150, Under +120)
New Mexico: 5.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
UNLV: 5.5 (Over +125, Under -155)
Air Force: 5 (Over +110, Under -140)
Utah State: 4.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
Fresno State: 4 (Over EVEN, Under -130)
Hawaii: 4.5 (Over -135, Under +105)
Nevada: 3.5 (Over -140, Under +110)
San Jose State: 3.5 (Over EVEN, Under -130)

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/college-footba ... las-vegas/

The hype kind of scares me to be honest
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I would take 8 wins this season in a heartbeat.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

8 wins is right about where I was thinking, too. I'd be stoked to get it, but I expect nothing less than 6 wins.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I think 8 wins is pretty lofty. We lost nearly 36% of our starting O to the NFL. That is a huge issue that cannot be ignored. I get blitzed on social media when I try being realistic. For some Wyo homers, they think that some young fella will just "step up" and fill those shoes. That is laughable. Ain't that easy friends. There is no substitute for game experience, sorry. Great we have Allen back there, but I am hearing the WRS aren't catching the passes. CJ Johnson and Conway are not Gentry yet. I hear players frequent the board...so prove me wrong WRs.

If we can steal the Oregon or Iowa game, I say 8 wins.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

djm19 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:15 am I think 8 wins is pretty lofty. We lost nearly 36% of our starting O to the NFL. That is a huge issue that cannot be ignored. I get blitzed on social media when I try being realistic. For some Wyo homers, they think that some young fella will just "step up" and fill those shoes. That is laughable. Ain't that easy friends. There is no substitute for game experience, sorry. Great we have Allen back there, but I am hearing the WRS aren't catching the passes. CJ Johnson and Conway are not Gentry yet. I hear players frequent the board...so prove me wrong WRs.

If we can steal the Oregon or Iowa game, I say 8 wins.
I think what a lot of the "homers" are hoping is that the experience and skill of the offensive line will make up for the skill lost between backs and receivers. I'm also skeptical in this department, but to Bohl's credit, he seems have a history of winning in the trenches (aside from obviously when he didn't have his own players).
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i'll take 8 as well, but one hasta be against either Iowa or Oregon!!!! and the Sheep, we all know we have that one game that we hit our foreheads and say WTF, lol
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I think our O can regress a little and still be ok. It's all about D. Last year scoring D was essentially the same as 2015, but our O made a huge jump. If our D can improve more than our O regresses, we're in for 8 wins. If josh makes big strides and can hold our scoring offense close to where it was last year with a D that makes big strides, I think we're cooking with gas. I, for one, think a pass rush/ pass defensive is going to be awesome. Our edge it legit. That should help out the newer LBs. Still a little concerned with Rush D and how the LBs fill those gaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:32 am I think our O can regress a little and still be ok. It's all about D. Last year scoring D was essentially the same as 2015, but our O made a huge jump. If our D can improve more than our O regresses, we're in for 8 wins. If josh makes big strides and can hold our scoring offense close to where it was last year with a D that makes big strides, I think we're cooking with gas. I, for one, think a pass rush/ pass defensive is going to be awesome. Our edge it legit. That should help out the newer LBs. Still a little concerned with Rush D and how the LBs fill those gaps

LB depth doesn't exactly seem stellar at the moment either.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Considering the amount of people predicting CSU to win the league, 7.5 has to be an underwhelming prognoses from Vegas for sheep fans.

Wyoming at 8 isn't an ideal betting situation. 8-4 is just a push. Need 9-3 to win the bet. It's funny to see Wyoming fans more skittish about this season than the media. In tandem with the avalanche of Josh Allen hype, there is quite a bit of NY6 talk in relation to Wyoming. The only place I read any sense of doubt AT ALL...is here.

Hawaii at 4.5...I don't get. 6 regular season wins in Rolovich's 1st season coming off a disaster regime, despite playing the MW's toughest schedule. Return almost all of its key players, and play the easiest schedule its had since 2012 (being in the West helps)...but 4.5 is the o/u line? That feels like easy money, I'd like to hear the thinking behind it.

San Diego State is the two-time champ, but always stubs their toe 1-2 times unexpectedly. Need 10-2 to win the bet. Not sure I like that one either.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

J-Rod wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:37 pm Considering the amount of people predicting CSU to win the league, 7.5 has to be an underwhelming prognoses from Vegas for sheep fans.

Wyoming at 8 isn't an ideal betting situation. 8-4 is just a push. Need 9-3 to win the bet. It's funny to see Wyoming fans more skittish about this season than the media. In tandem with the avalanche of Josh Allen hype, there is quite a bit of NY6 talk in relation to Wyoming. The only place I read any sense of doubt AT ALL...is here.

Hawaii at 4.5...I don't get. 6 regular season wins in Rolovich's 1st season coming off a disaster regime, despite playing the MW's toughest schedule. Return almost all of its key players, and play the easiest schedule its had since 2012 (being in the West helps)...but 4.5 is the o/u line? That feels like easy money, I'd like to hear the thinking behind it.

San Diego State is the two-time champ, but always stubs their toe 1-2 times unexpectedly. Need 10-2 to win the bet. Not sure I like that one either.
I like Hawaii, too. Seems like they are the second best in the MWC-Crap division. 5 or more wins seems extremely likely
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I hope I am wrong. This is kind of how I see things without seeing how training camp goes.

L Sept. 2: at Iowa
W Sept. 7: Gardner-Webb
L Sept. 16: Oregon
W Sept. 23: Hawaii
W Sept. 30: Texas State
Oct. 7: OPEN DATE
L Oct. 14: at Utah State
L Oct. 21: at Boise State
L Oct. 28: New Mexico
W Nov. 4: Colorado State
L Nov. 11: at Air Force
W Nov. 18: Fresno State
W Nov. 25: at San Jose State
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

djm19 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:12 pm I hope I am wrong. This is kind of how I see things without seeing how training camp goes.

no way we lose to Utah State. If we want to take the next step as a program(which I think we have) we'll never lose to that poop program ever again. I also think we will beat NM. I hate NM
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Yeah, please no losses against teams with lame duck coaches. They need to beat USU.

Bob Davie seems to have Bohl's number. Here's hoping that winless streak ends this year.

The baseline for me is 7-5, but preferably want a better finish than that. Back-to-back bowls is a rarity for this program, so that is an achievement, but the hype surrounding the team is reaching new heights. Josh Allen has a new article about him every day it seems. 6-6, considering the mountain of attention, it would be hard for that to not feel like a letdown. Some CFB media genuinely believe this is a 10-2/11-1 type team.

It's time to strike the iron while it's hot. The future is now.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:27 pm
djm19 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:12 pm I hope I am wrong. This is kind of how I see things without seeing how training camp goes.

no way we lose to Utah State. If we want to take the next step as a program(which I think we have) we'll never lose to that poop program ever again. I also think we will beat NM. I hate NM
I agree that USU should be a W, but UW always has a WTH loss or two every year. USU could be one of them. Gosh, we about let them in it last year for a bit.

Also, I agree with JRod. Davie owns Bohl right now. UW has shown zero ability to stop the option.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Here is why I am tapping the brakes until training camp...

Hill
Gentry
Hollister
Roullier

And if Allen goes down we are screwed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

djm19 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:15 am

I agree that USU should be a W, but UW always has a WTH loss or two every year. USU could be one of them. Gosh, we about let them in it last year for a bit.

Also, I agree with JRod. Davie owns Bohl right now. UW has shown zero ability to stop the option.
Isn't that the truth
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

LanderPoke wrote:
djm19 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:15 am

Isn't that the truth
Imagine beating Boise st, Utah st, cSu and San Diego st. But losing to unlv and eastern Michigan. Wait, that happened last year lol

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

djm19 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:19 am Here is why I am tapping the brakes until training camp...

Hill
Gentry
Hollister
Roullier

And if Allen goes down we are screwed.
I agree with Lax, though. The O line improving will mitigate the loss of Hill and Roullier. We have some decent replacements for the WRs and Hollister, but definitely a drop off there. But the big story is the D. If we can make some improvements at all that will off set all of the losses on offense imo and we will be at least equal to last year's team. I think we'll get there too. Full year of Granderson, Prosser another year older, lots of experience in the secondary, still need to find a couple LBs however.

The big thing is Allen. Imo he transformed the team. It was basically the same team that was a 2 win team he turned into an 8 win team that was a hair away from winning a championship and impressive bowl win. Still got our qb thank goodness
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Maybe the new UW DC will turn the Davie owning us thing around. At any rate, I think we are getting more speed on defense.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

San diego state at 9.5? They play Stanford, Az. state, and Northern Illinois non conference. If they lose 2 of those, they have to will all of the rest of their games to get 10 wins.

What am I missing here? Are they that good?