Strength Coach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

I heard Coach Bohl was running the conditional program
Is Dennison Sick ?? Leaving ??
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Dennison leaving would only be eclipsed in importance by Bohl himself leaving. Lets hope he's just at a family reunion or something....
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Well that just sucks......
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

This is no good.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

crap
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Bummer. He actually produced results...unlike Mr. "War Daddy."
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I hope we can find a replacement soon. I wonder what the reason was
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Pretty big loss. Bohl whiffed on one strength coach and hit a home run on the other. He can hopefully get someone in the later category. Avoid war daddy bs.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Anyone else think the timing here is really strange? Less than two months til the start of the season isn't exactly prime hiring season to bring in a new strength coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Someone on the other board suggested that the reason was not good!! Also said that it should come out if any of the beat writers are doing their job.

I have an idea that it has to do with something that Dennison did from what that other person said....but what it is? Good question.

When a person resigns to search for "other career opportunities" then it typically is not something of their own doing because they have no job immediately to go to. Plus on top of this, UW is soon to open up a new $44 million HAPC with very impressive athletic training facilities.....it doesn't make sense for Dennison to leave of his own accord at this time. I would imagine that Dennison will land on his feet somewhere. I wonder how difficult it will be to locate a replacement at this time of year?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

The wording of this seems really strange. Not "has accepted a position at university x" or "is taking his talents to college of x" or anything like he has a new job lined out. It definitely reads like this was a "we'll give you the opportunity to resign" type situation.

Either way, it sucks. He was a rising stud and was creating some monsters!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 pm Someone on the other board suggested that the reason was not good!! Also said that it should come out if any of the beat writers are doing their job.

I have an idea that it has to do with something that Dennison did from what that other person said....but what it is? Good question.

When a person resigns to search for "other career opportunities" then it typically is not something of their own doing because they have no job immediately to go to. Plus on top of this, UW is soon to open up a new $44 million HAPC with very impressive athletic training facilities.....it doesn't make sense for Dennison to leave of his own accord at this time. I would imagine that Dennison will land on his feet somewhere. I wonder how difficult it will be to locate a replacement at this time of year?
That makes it sound like he was advising the players to take some questionable "supplements"...
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:32 am
PotatoCreekPete wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 pm Someone on the other board suggested that the reason was not good!! Also said that it should come out if any of the beat writers are doing their job.

That makes it sound like he was advising the players to take some questionable "supplements"...
I wasn't suggesting any reason as to why, but are you saying that a press guy has discovered that he was advising players to take "questionable supplements"?

It was noted on the other web site that evidently this wasn't a rush thing, as someone had checked and Coach Dennison has already changed his home address to one out-of-state.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:34 am It was noted on the other web site that evidently this wasn't a rush thing, as someone had checked and Coach Dennison has already changed his home address to one out-of-state.
Pure speculation on my part. Just thought it may be a reason for a strength coach who seemed to be doing very well to be shown the door.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I don't have any information, but the timing alone says there was an unusual circumstance. Young, single guy.... could be more to this.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Source says "philosophical differences" on injury recovery time with Bohl pushing for shorter returns....according to the CST. Oh boy
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

PokeOLoco wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:24 pm Source says "philosophical differences" on injury recovery time with Bohl pushing for shorter returns....according to the CST. Oh boy
If you believe the CST story, I have some swamp land I want to sell you.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Who said anything about believing it? I said oh boy, because that's a hot button issue in sports right now and the team has had enough distractions and departures this summer.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Saw the story in the paper. Philosophical differences was the reason it said, Yeah right. Supposedly Bohl was pushing for shorter player recovery periods while Dennison was wanting more.
Whether this is true or not, I look back at the back end of last season, for example the UNLV game. Our players were overworked and exausted and you could see that being even more evident in the New Mexico game. My coworkers kid is a walk on and he told me the players wear these monitors on their chest in practice, they supposedly track player movement and fatigue. Not sure why they would spend all this cash on technology if nobody cares what that contraption is telling people. I've heard the rumors about Dennison and it ain't even close to what Bohl is claiming. Although I do believe the fact that Bohl did not want to listen to Dennison when he said players need more rest. I could see the players were gassed in a few games on the back end.