Strength Coach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

What Bohl is claiming? Curious as to what he claimed.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

What's the rumor?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

PokeOLoco wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:24 pm Source says "philosophical differences" on injury recovery time with Bohl pushing for shorter returns....according to the CST. Oh boy
This isn't as unusual as some might think. Doubt many of you follow MLS, but the Timbers fired their team physio just last week because they felt players were getting hurt too frequently, and were taking too long to return. Bohl assessed the situation and found fault. Be glad this program has someone with vision like his.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Dennison was the Director of Sports Performance, he was not the Football Athletic Trainer. Meaning he (nor Coach Bohl) has any real say in how long an athlete is out after an injury. That's the job of the Sports Medicine Department, not strength and conditioning. Now if Bohl felt that players were getting injured more than they should, or Bohl and Dennison were at disagreement over recovery time after workout, practice or games, that's different. But I highly doubt that is was about injury recovery time.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

just piss poor timing, imo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Think we'll fill the position right away? Or are we going to get by until after the season? Not good timing at all
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 228 times

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... f8f30.html

I am wondering if this anonymous source is Dennison himself. The article seems a bit one sided. In any event, this is terrible news for the program.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am Think we'll fill the position right away? Or are we going to get by until after the season? Not good timing at all
I bet it gets filled relatively soon. I bet there are hungry applicants out there drooling over the idea of being able to attach their name to Coach Bohl, Josh Allen & Co. Don't you think? Its a program that whether completely certain or not, appears on the rise and poised for great things. I would imagine they get a bunch of quality talent to choose from.
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Im sure they will get lots of quality applicants like you said to attach their name to JA and also will have the HAPC to use soon. Who wouldnt want to have that training facility at their hands.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Hell, I bet the Strength Trainer makes $200k a year at Wyoming. They should develop a strenght conditioning degree at Wyoming. It would be easier to keep the grads.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Interesting news brought up on the Sportszone yesterday, maybe we really didn't need him afterall
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

stymeman wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:29 am Interesting news brought up on the Sportszone yesterday, maybe we really didn't need him afterall
What was that? I missed the show yesterday.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Burman released a statement basically saying that the Star Tribune's "anonymous source" was not accurate. This wasn't related to injury recovery time at least according to his release.
As it applies to injuries, our team doctors and sports medicine personnel make all decisions regarding when student-athletes are healthy enough to return...Our coaching staffs and our strength and conditioning staffs do not make decisions about when student-athletes are ready to return to training or are ready to begin competing.
Burman's statement
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:56 am
stymeman wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:29 am Interesting news brought up on the Sportszone yesterday, maybe we really didn't need him afterall
What was that? I missed the show yesterday.
basically all that's being said here was yesterdays show
BJC
A Real Cowboy

So what's the real story? Players joking about how clueless the message boards are so I assume it was referring to this situation. Any news?
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Jesus, the guy didn't get poop canned in mid-July with no notice because of some policy difference on athletic matters.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 228 times

SnowyRange wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm Jesus, the guy didn't get poop canned in mid-July with no notice because of some policy difference on athletic matters.
Agreed. This is why it seems to me that the anonymous source to the Casper paper may have been Dennison himself. Such an article would make Dennison look fairly good in a future employer's Google search.

In my practice, I've learned never to restrict conclusions unless I am getting the story from both sides. With its employment policies and legal duties, we obviously won't be getting any side of the story from the University (perhaps it will leak).
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Well, so one would assume something inappropriate? Steroids....relationship with student...harassment...other drugs/booze...fight with player/coach? I wouldn't assume any legal issues as they would be public or will be?

Seems like something major had to occur as others have said...not the best timing. :twocents: