Oregon Tickets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:55 pm
303cowboy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am
roozy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:14 pm Well, I just checked out the seats that are left.... As much of a Cowboy fan that I am, there is no way in hell that I'd pay $60 bucks for a cheap seat. Yep, this guy has been pretty much priced out of doing all his favorite things anymore. :(
Sorry to hear that, I'd give you a ticket if I had an extra.

Another option is buying the cheap seat. Get to the game early and go stand in the student section. I often leave "expensive" seats on the West side to go to the student section...because frankly, I much more enjoy the atmosphere on the East side. The new beer gardens will be interesting too, perhaps that will be the new place to go to avoid the West side.
Is this being built? I thought I read somewhere that the bids came in over budget.
Correct. No beer garden this year. For the sake of doing it half-assed, I applaud UW for not going through with it (as a downsized version of the original that was already somewhat half-assed).

UW didn't do their homework on this whole deal, and it will show. I just hope that the fans in the stands are patient, and allow the bugs to work themselves out.
They are doing a scaled back version of the beer garden. See the press release today regarding beer and wine sales.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:01 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:55 pm
303cowboy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am
roozy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:14 pm Well, I just checked out the seats that are left.... As much of a Cowboy fan that I am, there is no way in hell that I'd pay $60 bucks for a cheap seat. Yep, this guy has been pretty much priced out of doing all his favorite things anymore. :(
Sorry to hear that, I'd give you a ticket if I had an extra.

Another option is buying the cheap seat. Get to the game early and go stand in the student section. I often leave "expensive" seats on the West side to go to the student section...because frankly, I much more enjoy the atmosphere on the East side. The new beer gardens will be interesting too, perhaps that will be the new place to go to avoid the West side.
Is this being built? I thought I read somewhere that the bids came in over budget.
Correct. No beer garden this year. For the sake of doing it half-assed, I applaud UW for not going through with it (as a downsized version of the original that was already somewhat half-assed).

UW didn't do their homework on this whole deal, and it will show. I just hope that the fans in the stands are patient, and allow the bugs to work themselves out.
They are doing a scaled back version of the beer garden. See the press release today regarding beer and wine sales.
Oh poop. Not good.

Better than nothing though, and it will probably help alleviate some of the longer lines in the stadium.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 pm
Better than nothing though, and it will probably help alleviate some of the longer lines in the stadium.
Beer will be poured from the bottom up! Even better at relieving lines.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 pm
NebraskaCowboy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 am
1) It's not like any seat in War Memorial is really that cheap of seat. Go experience big boy football and you'll learn what a cheap seat is.
2)I don't think the price tag is that steep for the quality of opponent coming in.
3)If $60 doesn't tickle your fancy, go buy some season tickets and you'll get 7 tickets instead of 1.

There are so many ways around your issue that it shouldn't stop you from being there in my opinion. Make the most out of the situation and enjoy it because who knows when we'll get another game like this back at the War.
I don't know anything about this guy's situation. $60 is certainly reasonable when considering the opponent and prices to other college football and NFL games. That said, $60 can be a big chunk of change to people (especially those with kids). The unfortunate part of success is that we do price out some people and families; unfortunately it's just an almost impossible problem to solve (set ticket prices low and the scalpers and third party sites are the ones making money).
If 60 dollars is a "big chunk of change", then I respectfully say that whatever your doing for a living ain't cutting it. Sixty dollars doesn't pay for one tank of gas in my suv. I'm so tired of the poor mouthing fans who want a great product at 1975 prices. Try going to a broncos game or even a CU football game. Wyoming has the lowest priced season tickets and game tickets of any place on the front range.
Most season tickets require only a 100 dollar contribution to the CJC. Some require 500 dollars. At CU, season tickets near the 50 yard line require a 5000 dollar donation to the Buff club. We have a really good deal at UW. But I guess if you can't afford it, stay home and watch it on cable (if you can afford cable).
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:14 pm
1) It's not like any seat in War Memorial is really that cheap of seat. Go experience big boy football and you'll learn what a cheap seat is.
2)I don't think the price tag is that steep for the quality of opponent coming in.
3)If $60 doesn't tickle your fancy, go buy some season tickets and you'll get 7 tickets instead of 1.

There are so many ways around your issue that it shouldn't stop you from being there in my opinion. Make the most out of the situation and enjoy it because who knows when we'll get another game like this back at the War.
I don't know anything about this guy's situation. $60 is certainly reasonable when considering the opponent and prices to other college football and NFL games. That said, $60 can be a big chunk of change to people (especially those with kids). The unfortunate part of success is that we do price out some people and families; unfortunately it's just an almost impossible problem to solve (set ticket prices low and the scalpers and third party sites are the ones making money).
If 60 dollars is a "big chunk of change", then I respectfully say that whatever your doing for a living ain't cutting it. Sixty dollars doesn't pay for one tank of gas in my suv. I'm so tired of the poor mouthing fans who want a great product at 1975 prices. Try going to a broncos game or even a CU football game. Wyoming has the lowest priced season tickets and game tickets of any place on the front range.
Most season tickets require only a 100 dollar contribution to the CJC. Some require 500 dollars. At CU, season tickets near the 50 yard line require a 5000 dollar donation to the Buff club. We have a really good deal at UW. But I guess if you can't afford it, stay home and watch it on cable (if you can afford cable).
Although I agree with you, bladerunner, I do remember going to two games at the WAR in 1990 (Arkansas State and San Diego State) and general admission tickets then were only $11 per ticket. LOL

The world has changed so much since then. ROFLOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Although I agree with you, bladerunner, I do remember going to two games at the WAR in 1990 (Arkansas State and San Diego State) and general admission tickets then were only $11 per ticket. LOL

The world has changed so much since then. ROFLOL
I remember when things cost less. Still we don't want to live in the past like the this guy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QM-VqkxIEQ
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I could have paid $300 a ticket at the mwc tournament a few years ago and I still wouldn't trade that experience for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Roughly 78 single seat tickets left and 128 tickets left that have at least one seat next to it available.

Wonder when they will add in the bleachers or if this is already allocated to Oregon. I heard they asked for an additional 1,500 tickets.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm just happy there's demand enough for Wyoming Football tickets for them to be able to sell out with those prices even though it's a great opponent. We've certainly had other big name teams come into town without that being the case.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I am renting a rv from Denver Friday morning and driving up to Laramie. How do I get a parking pass for Friday and Saturday nights??????
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Cuttslam wrote:I am renting a rv from Denver Friday morning and driving up to Laramie. How do I get a parking pass for Friday and Saturday nights??????
You can’t buy one for just one game. I tried last year for an RV specifically. You have to buy a season one. Your best bet would be to contact Brad Shaffer in Laramie that owns the apartments behind Taco Bell. He rents out spots. I don’t have his contact info, but he is your best and only bet to be close to the stadium.

WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

As a single man without a care in the world - yes!. A buddy of mine is married with 5 kids. UW graduate - hardcore fan. Has to drive about 5 hours to get to a game. He isn't going to this game just for the fact the tickets are so damned expensive.

He probably has $200 in gas, $100 in lodging, $200 or so in food, plus another $420 in tickets. Kids will want t-shirts. No t-shirts for them!

It adds up quickly. Its a bit short sighted to call this out. $920 is a bunch of money for a 3 hour experience. Maybe it will go to triple overtime make it a 5 hour experience.

Think about that for a minute or two. Wouldn't it be nicer if the damn ticket situation was able to work with him getting down there?

He could spend $100 a month on cable - for 1 year - and only spend $300 more than that 3 hours of time in Laramie.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Wyoming beating Oregon > Lifetime of cable

W-Y, Until I Die!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:Wyoming beating Oregon > Lifetime of cable

But what if it's a loss... that's when that investment really hurts

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

$20 is the new $5 bill as it's easy to spend money more than it used to be, damn inflation anyway, I look at these prices as well and say whoa, then again I see the quality of the opponent and we used to dream about teams like Oregon coming to Laramie and I say well bite the bullet for the fall season, esp with a team that hopefully lives up to the hype. Unfortunately nothing stays the same, sadly
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:33 am As a single man without a care in the world - yes!. A buddy of mine is married with 5 kids. UW graduate - hardcore fan. Has to drive about 5 hours to get to a game. He isn't going to this game just for the fact the tickets are so damned expensive.

He probably has $200 in gas, $100 in lodging, $200 or so in food, plus another $420 in tickets. Kids will want t-shirts. No t-shirts for them!

It adds up quickly. Its a bit short sighted to call this out. $920 is a bunch of money for a 3 hour experience. Maybe it will go to triple overtime make it a 5 hour experience.

Think about that for a minute or two. Wouldn't it be nicer if the damn ticket situation was able to work with him getting down there?

He could spend $100 a month on cable - for 1 year - and only spend $300 more than that 3 hours of time in Laramie.
Even if the tickets were $30 each, your example still has your friend spending $710 on the experience, though. Honestly, having a family is a choice you make, and that comes with financial (among others) consequences. I mean, yeah, my family is forced to make those same calculations when it comes to going to watch Wyoming, Rockies, Eagles, or the Avalanche as well. At least there's actual demand for tickets enough to drive up cost?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

If you have to stay the night it's not going to be cheap any way you slice it
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 am If you have to stay the night it's not going to be cheap any way you slice it
Very true! Some of the families that I know that cant afford games live in Cheyenne however. I have always promoted going back to the $5 tickets for kids 18 and under (or at least to those games that will not sell out). This is how I was able to attend games when I was growing up and sitting in the 'knot hole' section.

Getting the kids to the games will create lifelong fans and ultimately lead to greater revenue. I will never forget meeting Marcus Harris and Josh Wallwork and catching a kickoff that went thru the end zone as a kid.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:30 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 am If you have to stay the night it's not going to be cheap any way you slice it
Very true! Some of the families that I know that cant afford games live in Cheyenne however. I have always promoted going back to the $5 tickets for kids 18 and under (or at least to those games that will not sell out). This is how I was able to attend games when I was growing up and sitting in the 'knot hole' section.

Getting the kids to the games will create lifelong fans and ultimately lead to greater revenue. I will never forget meeting Marcus Harris and Josh Wallwork and catching a kickoff that went thru the end zone as a kid.
I completely agree. We need to grow the fan base and the best way is cheap tix for the kids. I, too, sat in the knot hole a lot. Probably close to you for many games. Definitely same era
cfootball16
Buckaroo

Interesting article on the scheduling of the Oregon game. Not surprised by the ticket prices when you consider we have a guaranteed payout to Oregon of $350,000. With the exposure we will get with that game, probably a pretty good buy relative to what some schools have to pay out.

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/3568 ... y.html.csp