Oregon Tickets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

General public tickets are on sale now. Just counted and there are 401 tickets left. I am not sure what they are doing with the mobile bleachers that they are bringing in, as those are not on the seating chart. If you know anyone that needs tickets, I would get them now!
http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... =FBIT&cgc=
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

no surprise there, now the big ? is DO we beat them, NOT can we???
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I hadn't heard that they are bringing in additional seating. Is this confirmed?
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

gopokes1399 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:21 pm I hadn't heard that they are bringing in additional seating. Is this confirmed?
I was told that a couple months ago, not sure if it still holds true.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

nice. will be a sell out for sure
roozy
Ranch Hand

Well, I just checked out the seats that are left.... As much of a Cowboy fan that I am, there is no way in hell that I'd pay $60 bucks for a cheap seat. Yep, this guy has been pretty much priced out of doing all his favorite things anymore. :(
Jesus First, then football
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Should be a fun game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'm glad I got my tickets through the CJC pre-sale when I did. My 6 tickets that I purchased are already all spoken for.

Should be a great environment and a damn fun game.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I sure hope last seasons issues of dealing with a spread attack/ option team are resolved before this game. We were awful against mobile qbs and they ate us alive.

I just reserved the last room in the luxurious motel 6. I hope folks get rooms now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I'll rent out my basement for $500 :winky: any takers?
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Section E, Row 5 for $90 a ticket at CJC presale. Crazy paying $90 for one game.

Luckily my lil bro is going to school at UW and I have an apartment floor to sleep in. Rooms in Rawlins are still available if you are heading west.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

roozy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:14 pm Well, I just checked out the seats that are left.... As much of a Cowboy fan that I am, there is no way in hell that I'd pay $60 bucks for a cheap seat. Yep, this guy has been pretty much priced out of doing all his favorite things anymore. :(
Sorry to hear that, I'd give you a ticket if I had an extra.

Another option is buying the cheap seat. Get to the game early and go stand in the student section. I often leave "expensive" seats on the West side to go to the student section...because frankly, I much more enjoy the atmosphere on the East side. The new beer gardens will be interesting too, perhaps that will be the new place to go to avoid the West side.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

roozy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:14 pm Well, I just checked out the seats that are left.... As much of a Cowboy fan that I am, there is no way in hell that I'd pay $60 bucks for a cheap seat. Yep, this guy has been pretty much priced out of doing all his favorite things anymore. :(
1) It's not like any seat in War Memorial is really that cheap of seat. Go experience big boy football and you'll learn what a cheap seat is.
2)I don't think the price tag is that steep for the quality of opponent coming in.
3)If $60 doesn't tickle your fancy, go buy some season tickets and you'll get 7 tickets instead of 1.

There are so many ways around your issue that it shouldn't stop you from being there in my opinion. Make the most out of the situation and enjoy it because who knows when we'll get another game like this back at the War.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am

Another option is buying the cheap seat. Get to the game early and go stand in the student section. I often leave "expensive" seats on the West side to go to the student section...because frankly, I much more enjoy the atmosphere on the East side. The new beer gardens will be interesting too, perhaps that will be the new place to go to avoid the West side.
Is this being built? I thought I read somewhere that the bids came in over budget.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 am
1) It's not like any seat in War Memorial is really that cheap of seat. Go experience big boy football and you'll learn what a cheap seat is.
2)I don't think the price tag is that steep for the quality of opponent coming in.
3)If $60 doesn't tickle your fancy, go buy some season tickets and you'll get 7 tickets instead of 1.

There are so many ways around your issue that it shouldn't stop you from being there in my opinion. Make the most out of the situation and enjoy it because who knows when we'll get another game like this back at the War.
This.

It drives me crazy how so many Wyoming citizens wish for Wyoming to be some sort of time bubble. While we may work to preserve our history and traditions, it doesn't make our state somehow immune to the economy's forces. I know of one guy who is apoplectic over not being able to leave the stadium at half time to drink cheaply. He's a season ticket holder and a CJC donor, and was, at first, thrilled with the idea of beer and wine sales. But when he found out it didn't quite work for HIM and his wallet, he became dead set against it, saying it would probably be his last year as a season ticket holder.

I explained to him that the beer and wine sales would likely result in MORE season ticket sales, regardless of his departure (and any others) from the flock. The program is bigger than any one donor, and to wish to hold the program back for your own, rather selfish, reasons is both an exercise in futility and part of the problem with the low threshold for success we have across the state.

People want things to be better, but too many will sacrifice "better" for "same" when they find out that with improvement comes change. It's not a negotiable dynamic.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 am

I don't know anything about this guy's situation. $60 is certainly reasonable when considering the opponent and prices to other college football and NFL games. That said, $60 can be a big chunk of change to people (especially those with kids). The unfortunate part of success is that we do price out some people and families; unfortunately it's just an almost impossible problem to solve (set ticket prices low and the scalpers and third party sites are the ones making money).
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

303cowboy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 am

Is this being built? I thought I read somewhere that the bids came in over budget.
I sure hope so! I had not heard otherwise but would be disappointed if it is not. The beer gardens would be a great return on investment.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:30 pm I know of one guy who is apoplectic over not being able to leave the stadium at half time to drink cheaply. He's a season ticket holder and a CJC donor, and was, at first, thrilled with the idea of beer and wine sales. But when he found out it didn't quite work for HIM and his wallet, he became dead set against it, saying it would probably be his last year as a season ticket holder.

I explained to him that the beer and wine sales would likely result in MORE season ticket sales, regardless of his departure (and any others) from the flock. The program is bigger than any one donor, and to wish to hold the program back for your own, rather selfish, reasons is both an exercise in futility and part of the problem with the low threshold for success we have across the state.
The beer and wine sales HAVE already resulted in more season ticket sales. I have a handful of friends who specifically purchased season tickets this year because of the ability to have more of a "game day" experience at the stadium.

Luckily that guy who is upset that he can't go to the parking lot at halftime is in the small minority. The best part of the new policy IMO is that the stadium will not be relatively full only to empty for the second half! Beer and wine sales will be a huge win-win.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

I can tell you I've gone the opposite way. I don't recall how much I spent to see Nebraska or Texas, I just remember the atmosphere and the anticipation. I cannot make the Oregon game, but you should!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 119 times

303cowboy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 am

Correct. No beer garden this year. For the sake of doing it half-assed, I applaud UW for not going through with it (as a downsized version of the original that was already somewhat half-assed).

UW didn't do their homework on this whole deal, and it will show. I just hope that the fans in the stands are patient, and allow the bugs to work themselves out.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...