Gunner Gentry committed

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Tanner's little brother.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Gunner has good size and speed. If he's got even close to the catching ability as his brother he'll be a good one
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

neat stuff there!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Great news! If he's in the mold of his brother he's going to be fantastic!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Great news. Keep that pipeline of Colorado kids coming up to Laramie. Nothing sticks in the craw of a sheep fan or a fluff fan like losing a CO kid to the Pokes, and then that kid turning out to be a stud.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Nice!
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Interesting story about the Gentry's, and Gunner in particular. I went to the Lowe's in Greeley yesterday to pick up some material to start a project. As I'm walking out, a guy pulls up, rolls his window down and yells "Go Pokes!" This happens somewhat frequently in Northern Colorado, especially lately, so I didn't think much of it and said something like "Yep, should be a great season!"

He then stops his pickup, and says, "You a Wyoming guy, follow football?" I said yes, and then he asked if I knew who Tanner Gentry was. "Of course!" I say, "Hope he'll do great with the Bears!" He says, "That's my grandson."

We talked for a few minutes about Tanner, what a great player he was, some of the outstanding catches we had witnessed, and how he was hoping to catch on in the NFL. He then asked if I knew about Gunner. I told him I'd heard he had committed, and if he was as good as Tanner, we were in for a lot of fun. He told me that Gunner has at least as good of hands as Tanner, probably didn't have Tanner's speed, but was a little taller. I told him if he had Tanner's hands and attitude, we'd be fine and I couldn't wait to see him in the Brown & Gold.

Really wish I had a few more minutes to pick his brain about Wyoming football and get the insider's perspective, but through a window in a Lowe's parking lot on a busy Sunday afternoon probably wasn't the best place for an in-depth discussion. Anyway, thought is was cool, and bodes well for Gunner and the team. Looking forward to seeing him on Saturdays.

GO POKES!