Josh Allen hype machine

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I bet Josh's stock goes back up after private workouts, pro day, combine, etc.

How big, fast, agile, strong and his otherworldly arm strength will impress. Josh's physical talents will be too much to pass up. I still can't get over how phucking strong his arm is. Someone will take the "risk" even though it's not a risk to take Josh. He's a winner
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Tough to project at this point. San Fran is out of 1st round qb. A few big name potential free agents, and hard to tell which team ends up where.

Lots of teams need QBs and there are quite a few good prospects. Since 1990, only in 1999 have more than 4 QBs been taken in the first round. It will be interesting to see if 5+ go off the board.

I think Josh will be among the top 3 or 4 selected so should easily be 1st round. The only question is which teams fall where and what their needs are.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Everyone thought jets might be picking earlier in the draft. Josh might not even be there for them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

this has him as him as the 4th best quarterback and could go in the 1st round

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

What if Denver continues it's crash and drafts him. Denver's O-line is worse than the Pokes. College experience all over again for Josh.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html

this came out today and has him going in the 1st round
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

We had a full package last year, Hill, Gentry, etc etc....... Fun memories.

https://youtu.be/C57EsHceHHE

pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

That’s the crazy thing about this season. We thought we would be good but it would be this kind of offensive game but instead we are winning on the back of our defense

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm What if Denver continues it's crash and drafts him. Denver's O-line is worse than the Pokes. College experience all over again for Josh.
Who is our Demaryius Thomas or Emmanuel Sanders this year? :lol:
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McShay released his first mock draft today....

With the #5 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft, Todd McShay has the Denver Broncos selecting Josh Allen, QB Wyoming.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:27 am McShay released his first mock draft today....

With the #5 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft, Todd McShay has the Denver Broncos selecting Josh Allen, QB Wyoming.
This would be wild.. Since I live in Denver I'd obviously love it, but I really hope he can go somewhere and sit for a year. Not sure if he's ready to be thrown to the wolves yet. Maybe Denver signs a veteran QB, and develops Allen under him?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:44 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:27 am McShay released his first mock draft today....

This would be wild.. Since I live in Denver I'd obviously love it, but I really hope he can go somewhere and sit for a year. Not sure if he's ready to be thrown to the wolves yet. Maybe Denver signs a veteran QB, and develops Allen under him?
Allen is better right now than any of the QBs Denver currently has rostered (Lynch, Osweiler, Siemian). I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos keep Siemian because he is cheap or sign Eli Manning to help 'groom' Allen or any QB the Broncos select. Plain and Simple is that the Broncos will be an improved team if Allen is their starter next year.

I'm sure Elway sees a lot of himself in Allen (very Mobile for the size with a cannon arm).
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 am

Allen is better right now than any of the QBs Denver currently has rostered (Lynch, Osweiler, Siemian). I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos keep Siemian because he is cheap or sign Eli Manning to help 'groom' Allen or any QB the Broncos select. Plain and Simple is that the Broncos will be an improved team if Allen is their starter next year.

I'm sure Elway sees a lot of himself in Allen (very Mobile for the size with a cannon arm).
You're forgetting one Denver QB that might be in the mix next year Chad Kelly. Tons of talent but dropped in the draft due to character concerns. I agree that Elway could totally fall in love with Allen's measurables. Im sure he'll get crushed by the press because he kind of did the same thing with Lynch. They'll say Lynch came out of a non power conference and had the size, mobility, and cannon arm...
dapokes
Ranch Hand

303cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:39 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 am

You're forgetting one Denver QB that might be in the mix next year Chad Kelly. Tons of talent but dropped in the draft due to character concerns. I agree that Elway could totally fall in love with Allen's measurables. Im sure he'll get crushed by the press because he kind of did the same thing with Lynch. They'll say Lynch came out of a non power conference and had the size, mobility, and cannon arm...
I personally would not like to see Allen go to such a mess of an offense....

However comparing him to Lynch is apples to oranges. Lynch is a system spread qb. Making comparisons to him and Brett Smith are more feasible.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Anyone catch Colin Cowherd today....nice hearing him brought up but hinting at the fact he should not play. :coffee:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Who's scouts have been in Laramie and at most of his games this season, I heard a few rumblings but it's not ever made publicly whom is visiting etc...I heard a lot of NYJets and Redskins scouts but other than that don't know, I understand more visits don't mean for sure they want him but it's a good sign, just wonder if the AZ Cardinals ever visited??? Sure hope they did!! Palmer's not getting any younger and Gabbert isn't the answer neither...lol....I'd hate him going to Denver, and I agree it's all about who's O line can protect better, Denver's gonna be a mess for a few years to come, imo