Josh Allen hype machine

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Just heard Todd Mcshay say Allen might be the most physically gifted quarterback to come out in the last 5-7 years

Starts at about 10:25

http://es.pn/2nmIutl

Looked like McShay was hanging out with Allen and some other QBs at some sort of QB school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by laxwyo on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W-Y, Until I Die!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wow awesome. Thanks for posting.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

It's incredible how hard he can throw it. He's got a better arm than 90% of NFL QBs.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 pm Just heard Todd Mcshay say Allen might be the most physically gifted quarterback to come out in the last 5-7 years
There's a reason he was mocked so highly by Matt Miller this summer. He has all the physical tools. His NFL success will come down to accuracy/decision-making.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
laxwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 pm Just heard Todd Mcshay say Allen might be the most physically gifted quarterback to come out in the last 5-7 years
There's a reason he was mocked so highly by Matt Miller this summer. He has all the physical tools. His NFL success will come down to accuracy/decision-making.
I think most QBs success comes down to the situation they are put into. You see how the patriots backups come in and are successful but then are garbage other places.

W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 pmI think most QBs success comes down to the situation they are put into. You see how the patriots backups come in and are successful but then are garbage other places.
Good situation can overcome physical limitations, but physical gifts can overcome poor situations.

Not always, but it's possible.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Only 5 returning starters on offense, none of which being skill position talent. Josh is certainly going to have the opportunity to prove that he can carry an offense.

For once, Wyoming is going to be a paper champion in the off-season instead of overlooked. Already saw one publication throw out NY6 and even undefeated talk (PFF). Hype machine is off and running! Exciting times.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I wonder if the AD will start any Heisman campaign, similar to what Utah State did with Chuckie Keeton prior to his 8th year of eligibility ;)

Seriously though, I'm ready to embrace every bit of hype coming our way. It's long overdue!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote:I wonder if the AD will start any Heisman campaign, similar to what Utah State did with Chuckie Keeton prior to his 8th year of eligibility ;)

Seriously though, I'm ready to embrace every bit of hype coming our way. It's long overdue!!
Call me superstitious but when Utah state did that campaign chucky choked and was injured constantly. I'm ok with him being his own campaign

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 pmLooked like McShay was hanging out with Allen and some other QBs at some sort of QB school.
https://twitter.com/georgewhitfield/sta ... 2659898368
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... ign=buffer

The article was free through Gag's twitter... hopefully it works for you guys
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'll be curious to see if the 49ers add a QB in the draft this year, because I think that's a great potential fit for Josh.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Another take from CBS Sports on Josh. I don't think they give Josh enough credit on his athleticism and certainly his arm.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footba ... prospects/
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 pm I'll be curious to see if the 49ers add a QB in the draft this year, because I think that's a great potential fit for Josh.
It's a great potential fit if baby Shanahan is on the level of a Harbaugh and can overcome the incompetent ownership of the 49ers. I used to be a diehard 49ers fan, but slowly lost all interest in the NFL during Harbaugh's final year due to the front office and ownership being so incredibly incompetent. It's obviously a great fit system wise, but I really don't want to see him go to an organization like the 49ers. He'll be doomed if he ends up in an organization like the Browns or 49ers that have shown they clearly have problems that prevent success from the top down.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:09 amIt's a great potential fit if baby Shanahan is on the level of a Harbaugh and can overcome the incompetent ownership of the 49ers. I used to be a diehard 49ers fan, but slowly lost all interest in the NFL during Harbaugh's final year due to the front office and ownership being so incredibly incompetent. It's obviously a great fit system wise, but I really don't want to see him go to an organization like the 49ers. He'll be doomed if he ends up in an organization like the Browns or 49ers that have shown they clearly have problems that prevent success from the top down.
I think that's probably a fair complaint. Was speaking more to the system and being 150 miles from home.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 pm I'll be curious to see if the 49ers add a QB in the draft this year, because I think that's a great potential fit for Josh.
plus, fans always love a local boy
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

It would be awesome for Josh if he got drafted by a Cali team. Dream come true. I really hope he doesn't get drafted from the East coast. Personally, and I don't know why, but I think Arizona and Bruce Arians would be cool. Don't be surprised if Andy Reid also shows some interest with Alex Smith aging.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

MsShay on Rusillo and Kanell: Nobody knows about him (Allen) now, but we'll be talking a lot about him as a top 5 pick next year
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Welp, this was disappointing:

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... kings-2017

What was disappointing for a top 20 outlook at qb? As a Wyo fan I love seeing anything near the top 25 as it's hard to get talent like that to Laramie.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!