Josh Allen hype machine

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 am That was a great clip. Five minutes of indirect attention to our awesome school on ESPN doesn't exactly hurt.

Let's hope that even if today's game is rough for Wyoming, Allen has a solid performance. Don't need more trolls like that inbred Iowan.

He won't be back!
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Haha seen at least one place suggest New England could draft Josh Allen with the pick they got from SF and develop him to take over for Brady one day. Hate the Patriots, but wouldn't mind that...
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 pm Haha seen at least one place suggest New England could draft Josh Allen with the pick they got from SF and develop him to take over for Brady one day. Hate the Patriots, but wouldn't mind that...
I get the feeling Josh won't fall that far, but that would be so cool
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Broncos clearly need a QB and they're on their way to a early 1st round pick.. Probably not going to happen but a pokes fan in Denver can dream
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 am
joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 pm Haha seen at least one place suggest New England could draft Josh Allen with the pick they got from SF and develop him to take over for Brady one day. Hate the Patriots, but wouldn't mind that...
It shocks me the Pats traded the Heir Apparent for a second round pick.... Maybe they have something else in the works... Seems like SF got a helluva deal there... Belichick got wind Jimmy G wasnt going to resign with the Pats to sit the bench next year?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 am
It shocks me the Pats traded the Heir Apparent for a second round pick.... Maybe they have something else in the works... Seems like SF got a helluva deal there... Belichick got wind Jimmy G wasnt going to resign with the Pats to sit the bench next year?
That's what all the talking heads are saying. Efforts to resign Jimmy G weren't going where the Pats wanted, trade deadline is next week, and they are confident they can get a few more years out of Brady. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a QB to develop in the draft next year.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 amThat's what all the talking heads are saying. Efforts to resign Jimmy G weren't going where the Pats wanted, trade deadline is next week, and they are confident they can get a few more years out of Brady. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a QB to develop in the draft next year.
2 pm today
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

It sounds like Arians will retire any season now, so I rescind my liking of Allen there.

Considering how horrible Denver looks at QB...maybe Josh stays in the region?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:38 pm It sounds like Arians will retire any season now, so I rescind my liking of Allen there.

Considering how horrible Denver looks at QB...maybe Josh stays in the region?
Denver needs an o-line worse then we do. While we can't run the ball for crap, we can give Josh some time to throw the ball.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Honestly, Pittsburgh and New England are two destinations very high on my wish list. I know they won't be near the top of the draft though.

It's gross to say, but Jacksonville would give him an opportunity similar to what he got here last year with a great rushing attack (though with this year's edition of our defense). It'd be cool to see him with receiving weapons like the Giants have. Or what if he became Drew Brees' successor (something Garrett Grayson proved he was a failure at)? So many intriguing possibilities.

Stay far away from Green Bay. That would be worst-case scenario for me personally. That'd be like the equivalent of him transferring to CSU.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Talking heads in Phoenix aren't impressed with Josh's completion percentage. There are still many fans though who would love to see him in a Cardinal uniform.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

phxpoke wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:19 pm Talking heads in Phoenix aren't impressed with Josh's completion percentage. There are still many fans though who would love to see him in a Cardinal uniform.
I would throw away the numbers when analyzing Josh.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think you are foolish to gamble josh Allen as your starting qb next year. I really hope he goes somewhere with a great qb and can grow into the role in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Josh is righting the ship as the season progresses. His stats are improving TD/INT went from 3/3 the first 4 games to 9/3 the second 4 games, completion jumped a little and even rushing went from 32 yards to 130. His completion percentage for the season so far is right about where it ended last year, with a better TD/INT ration. This is without the offensive weapons he lost to the NFL, and that arm doesn't look any weaker. I imagine statistically 2017 will be similar to 2016 for Josh. The only problem is we all assumed they'd be better, and they're not. I don't imagine that the scouts think he's NFL starter quality next year at all, and I doubt he'd be drafted for that reason.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Denver Post looks at Allen vs. Stevens

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/02/ni ... arterback/
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

cowboyz wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 am I don't imagine that the scouts think he's NFL starter quality next year at all, and I doubt he'd be drafted for that reason.
What? Sure, most of them probably rightfully think he is a project. But thinking that he won't be drafted at all with his physical skill set is almost comical. Many quarterbacks considered to be 'projects' are drafted high based on ability. Hell, Trubisky had one year as a starting college quarterback. Allen will be in top 10 picks, no doubt.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 pm
cowboyz wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 am I don't imagine that the scouts think he's NFL starter quality next year at all, and I doubt he'd be drafted for that reason.
What? Sure, most of them probably rightfully think he is a project. But thinking that he won't be drafted at all with his physical skill set is almost comical. Many quarterbacks considered to be 'projects' are drafted high based on ability. Hell, Trubisky had one year as a starting college quarterback. Allen will be in top 10 picks, no doubt.
He's not saying he won't be drafted just saying he thinks teams won't draft him to start right away.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

poke_addict wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:36 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 pm
He's not saying he won't be drafted just saying he thinks teams won't draft him to start right away.
Yes this. Unless he has some sort of amazing melt down or terrible injury, I feel he's still a first round pick.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

This is a subscription service, but thought I'd still post the link and a short excerpt:
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/stat ... 2274958336 The way coaches and scouts talk about Allen is different than the way he’s discussed in the media or among casual sports fans. And that’s to be expected after he and the Cowboys lost 24-3 to Iowa in their season-opener and 49-13 to Oregon two weeks later. Unless he’d played perfectly in both those early-season games against Power 5 foes and gone undefeated through the regular season, he was always going to face some level of skepticism. Even if it came from voices and people who don’t have any part in actual NFL draft decision-making.

Allen was an overlooked high school recruit who needed a stint at Reedley (Calif.) College to land an FBS scholarship. But he showed dynamic ability as a redshirt sophomore with Wyoming in 2016, and this past spring found his name featured prominently in 2018 NFL draft projections.

“I think the script out there was that this would be some fairytale, that we would have been able to run through the season and all of that, but I knew that was going to be very hard,” Brent Vigen, Wyoming’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, told The All-American.

“We had to figure out through the first month, month and a half, of the season, ‘Who are we as an offense?’ We knew we lost all those guys — so what would be the makeup on the flipside for us? … The unscripted part is not performing so well as a team, an offense … and him taking the brunt of that, nationally. I do think, for him, having to deal with the scrutiny that he has, especially in those first weeks, will serve him well over the long haul.”