Josh Allen hype machine

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Pretty sweet highlights for josh Allen in this video. I don't know how to make the link work on Tapatalk but it works in web view.

https://youtu.be/oRDSJJx9OtY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Pretty sweet highlights for josh Allen in this video. I don't know how to make the link work on Tapatalk but it works in web view.

https://youtu.be/oRDSJJx9OtY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

[emoji106]thanks

kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Watching those highlights...we are REALLY going to miss Gentry and Maulhardt. Those guys made some great catches that we haven't seen our current batch of WRs make. All the hype makes me nervous...Im not convinced yet that we have the WRs for Allen to live up to it all. Nervous about a let down on the O side of the ball.

NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 11:14 am Watching those highlights...we are REALLY going to miss Gentry and Maulhardt. Those guys made some great catches that we haven't seen our current batch of WRs make. All the hype makes me nervous...Im not convinced yet that we have the WRs for Allen to live up to it all. Nervous about a let down on the O side of the ball.
Two things. First. Every old receiver was young once. It's all about getting in a position and the opportunities to succeed. Second. I think our running game is going to be better this year than last. How one might ask? We have arguably the most experienced line we've had under Bohl while teams will be so worried about stopping Josh that I could run for 5 yards an attempt. The last two years the defensive game plan against us is load the box and stop Brian Hill while this year it'll be don't let Josh Allen beat us. It sets up perfectly for big days on the ground.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Do we have any freshman expected to contribute at the wr position?

kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Yeah, but Gentry was a threat catching the ball when he was a young pup...not so much with these younger guys. I would also put $ on defenses continuing to stack the poop out of the box against us. Despite a gunslinger qb, we have a very young, unproven receiving corps and it makes sense to keep stacking box to keep Allen from running himself and trying to pressure him into quickly throwing bullets to a unproven, possibly out of position WR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:47 pm Yeah, but Gentry was a threat catching the ball when he was a young pup...not so much with these younger guys. I would also put $ on defenses continuing to stack the poop out of the box against us. Despite a gunslinger qb, we have a very young, unproven receiving corps and it makes sense to keep stacking box to keep Allen from running himself and trying to pressure him into quickly throwing bullets to a unproven, possibly out of position WR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yep. And while our line might have more experience overall, it also lost a Center good enough to get drafted.

That said, if Josh can figure out how to do touch dump-off passes to the running backs and tight ends when everything is coming apart rather than trying to throw bullets when the receiver is 7 yards away, it might make up for some of that.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:47 pm Yeah, but Gentry was a threat catching the ball when he was a young pup...not so much with these younger guys.
Wasn't he the 3rd/4th WR in his first two years behind an experienced couple of receivers? Sounds awfully similar to what someone like CJ Johnson was last year. And Maulhardt's freshman season is basically the same as what Conway and Price put up last year.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I think Conway, Johnson and Price will be huge assets this year for Allen.

Conway will be much like Herron was this up coming year.

pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Really hope there is a horse like josh doctson. That guy was an impact freshman

LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

"It's been crazy, you know. My phone's been lighting up - different people trying to interview me and get a story on where I come from. A small community such as Firebaugh and Mendota, this is where I come from. This is my roots, and couldn't be more proud of this place." That's what Josh Allen had to say, after a week where multiple NFL reporters declared the Firebaugh native to be the frontrunner for number one overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Allen even told FOX26 one of the interviews was with Sports Illustrated, and there's a chance he'll be on the cover of the magazine's next issue.

http://kmph-kfre.com/sports/local-sport ... tball-camp
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Haven't had an SI cover since Fenis it really just shows how big Allen is. I feel bad for whoever is the next QB in line because those are going to be some seriously big shoes to fill.

LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:29 am Haven't had an SI cover since Fenis it really just shows how big Allen is. I feel bad for whoever is the next QB in line because those are going to be some seriously big shoes to fill.

TVW better learn as much as he can this season. I personally see a lot of potential in him though. With Vigen around I think he can be a pretty damn good QB as well.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

If SI can put a high school pitcher on the cover, they can put Josh there, too. BUT - The SI Cover Curse - be careful what you wish for.... :)
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Since no one read SI anymore I wouldn't be too worried.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Another article on top three picks for the 2018 Draft.

2018 NFL Draft Mock Draft: Early Look at 2018 NFL Draft

carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

https://www.si.com/vault/2017/05/09/no-one-no-1

Awesome article, this may be the cover piece
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

That's a pretty amazing story.