Did you guys enjoy your new Football Scoreboard this year?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

After visiting your campus I drove down by the football field and got out of my car and was walking around. The scoreboard was on the ground and several people where standing around it. This was the first part of July and they said they had to get it installed by Aug. 1st and I asked why Aug. 1st, knowing the football season didn't start until around the 1st of September and they said they had to get it installed by Aug. 1st so the operators could be trained to operator the scoreboard. I didn't realize it took that long to be trained and that it took several people to actually operate the scoreboard but I guess it does. But at any rate the new scoreboard was impressive. Hope you guys enjoyed it this past season.
Last edited by CheyenneGunslinger on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Scoreboard was pretty awesome but my only beef is that they had a set up for the field goal nets that obstructed the view. I hope they find a better way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Scoreboard was pretty awesome but my only beef is that they had a set up for the field goal nets that obstructed the view. I hope they find a better way.
From what I've heard, that will be fixed for next year. It was a short-term solution.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I still think the sound could be louder. Wish they were adding some on the roof of the McMurray
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote:I still think the sound could be louder. Wish they were adding some on the roof of the McMurray
That's not from the scoreboard. That's the stadium's sound system.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:I still think the sound could be louder. Wish they were adding some on the roof of the McMurray
That is the scoreboard. The are afraid to turn it up and piss off the rich folk in richards park.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

elfletcho wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
That is the scoreboard. The are afraid to turn it up and piss off the rich folk in richards park.
The speakers are in the scoreboard installation.
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

The scoreboard is a huge improvement, but some think the sound isn't loud enough???? Are you all deaf? When our guys are huddled up with coach on sideline and music is blaring, Inwonder if they have to scream to be heard sometimes. Pisses me off when we are on offense and huddling up coming out of a break and the musics screaming. It's a football game , not a concert.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The scoreboard was freaking awesome. Makes me wonder how we had games without it now. The sound was just right.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

LanderPoke wrote:The scoreboard was freaking awesome. Makes me wonder how we had games without it now. The sound was just right.
I'm with ya, thought the sound was just right. I honestly think it depends on where you sit in the stadium as to your perception of the sound. If you sit south of the 50, it's gonna be just right. I can see it trailing off the further north you sit. Just one of the problems with having all of the speakers at one end.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

The only thing I'd do differently for the sound is install additional speakers maybe on the new HATC or elsewhere so the sound comes from multiple places and not all from one spot. It would sound better like that imo.
God is a Cowboy
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

nirv117 wrote:The only thing I'd do differently for the sound is install additional speakers maybe on the new HATC or elsewhere so the sound comes from multiple places and not all from one spot. It would sound better like that imo.
congrats....you just invented stereo
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Thanks - I'm also working on a quadraphonic system; then something I'm calling surround sound. hoping to introduce these concepts to Wyoming football by 2075.
whyoh wrote:
nirv117 wrote:The only thing I'd do differently for the sound is install additional speakers maybe on the new HATC or elsewhere so the sound comes from multiple places and not all from one spot. It would sound better like that imo.
congrats....you just invented stereo
God is a Cowboy
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Anyone know why the steamboat at the top of the scoreboard doesn't light up but the W at the bottom does. The W looks so cool at night games.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

303cowboy wrote:Anyone know why the steamboat at the top of the scoreboard doesn't light up but the W at the bottom does. The W looks so cool at night games.
Is Steamboat you are referring to, the statue of the horse that is on display in front of one of the campus buildings.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

No he's talking about on top of the scoreboard and I always wondered why it doesn't light up as well

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:47 pm
pokefanchaz7 wrote:Scoreboard was pretty awesome but my only beef is that they had a set up for the field goal nets that obstructed the view. I hope they find a better way.
From what I've heard, that will be fixed for next year. It was a short-term solution.
Like I suspected....
https://twitter.com/bsparks19/status/878427171512999936
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Love that!