Wyoming gave up 690 yards of total offense

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I hope Jeremy Banks decides he's got a chance to become our go-to guy.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:25 pm I hope Jeremy Banks decides he's got a chance to become our go-to guy.

I definitely wouldn’t hate that.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I think you're a little off base assessing the fan base and our style of offense. I don't think we are upset with our style of ball. We are upset with running the same play over and over again with the same result. Running Wood up everyone's backside for 0-1 yards every first down is horribly ineffective.

I believe the fan base would be fine with running out the clock, if we were actually moving the ball and not going 3 and out every single time we tried to do it. We, aparently, don't quite have the personnel/depth to do it yet, and the coaches are pushing it and not quite achieving it. That's where the fan base gets restless.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

I trust Bohl and whatever he decides to do.

However, the o warrants major concern. I'd argue you should never be this bad, ever, and especially against really weak defenses. You can't sugar coat it.

We had a lot of talent last year. Maybe we should have been better, I don't know.

I will bet that, for year 4, Bohl isn't happy with the o. The question is why he thinks it is in this state. I have no doubt that he'll fix it.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

I like the cultural fit and i think the overall philosophy on offense is ok. I wish vigen was better at in game adjustments.....

I do like seeing us run more off tackle and power runs than the first few games....but imo, vigen needs to improve in game adjustments the most. Also, designed passing routes to take advantage of a mismatch....all i have seen on that is getting rbs on wheel routes against lbs, but almost no mismatch capitalization for wrs or tes....may be personnel related, but somewhere along this year we should have found a mismatch and capitalized.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I'm sorry. I've seen enough of Vigen as OC. Coach -in-waiting? Sure. QB coach? sure. Good guy? you bet. Architect of the offense? Not really working out. Sorry, just my :twocents:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyoklaelk wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:08 pm but somewhere along this year we should have found a mismatch and capitalized.
Our lone TD throw to Scott yesterday was a pretty serious mismatch even though the throw wasn't tall. I'm definitely excited to see him get more balls thrown his way too - those were some great hands!
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Ya, im thinking more along the lines in terms of exploiting a weakness frequently. Somethink like getting conway on a safety or lb with no hope of keeping up on a crossing route and we do it 6 times til they overcompensate and the te down the seam hits for a td.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Just because :D
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.