Allen Drafted by the Bills

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

ImageImageImageImage
WyoTim
Buckaroo

Josh joins fellow Cowboy Eddie Yarbrough at Buffalo, I wonder if Eddie did a little lobbying?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/257 ... -yarbrough
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

From a culture/location fit, Buffalo is an amazing fit for Josh Allen! In terms of the talent around him and having the ability to sit and wait, not the greatest.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status ... 6234934277
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Anyone have the video clip they showed of the Buck? I had it on NFL Network and missed it.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:18 am From a culture/location fit, Buffalo is an amazing fit for Josh Allen! In terms of the talent around him and having the ability to sit and wait, not the greatest.
Well the Bills were a playoff team last year so they do have some talent. Not quite up on who all they have for play makers however but I don't think they are that bad. He has AJ McCarron in front of him so hopefully he can sit for a while but I don't think AJ will be good enough to stand in Josh's way once he is ready to take the team over. So it is up to how fast Josh can learn the NFL.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

TSpoke wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:54 am
joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:18 am From a culture/location fit, Buffalo is an amazing fit for Josh Allen! In terms of the talent around him and having the ability to sit and wait, not the greatest.
Well the Bills were a playoff team last year so they do have some talent. Not quite up on who all they have for play makers however but I don't think they are that bad. He has AJ McCarron in front of him so hopefully he can sit for a while but I don't think AJ will be good enough to stand in Josh's way once he is ready to take the team over. So it is up to how fast Josh can learn the NFL.
Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones are underrated. If Benjamin keeps his weight down, he is an elite receiver with special physical tools. LeSean McCoy is one of the best 3 down backs that is great at catching passes out of the backfield ever to play the game. Charles Clay is a top 10 tight end. There is a reason that Tyrod Taylor was semi-successful with the Bills. The Bills should sign CJ Anderson to back up the aging McCoy and that team can be pretty darn special with electric play makers.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:00 am
TSpoke wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:54 am
Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones are underrated. If Benjamin keeps his weight down, he is an elite receiver with special physical tools. LeSean McCoy is one of the best 3 down backs that is great at catching passes out of the backfield ever to play the game. Charles Clay is a top 10 tight end. There is a reason that Tyrod Taylor was semi-successful with the Bills. The Bills should sign CJ Anderson to back up the aging McCoy and that team can be pretty darn special with electric play makers.
I couldn't remember if McCoy was still there or not. And I forgot about Benjamin, I really like him. There is definitely talent there.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I think Buffalo lost quite a bit along the line didn't they? I could be wrong; I don't follow them closely.

Jim Kelly stepping into mentor role? That could be a valuable asset in Josh's development.

Go get 'em Josh!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:18 am I think Buffalo lost quite a bit along the line didn't they? I could be wrong; I don't follow them closely.

Jim Kelly stepping into mentor role? That could be a valuable asset in Josh's development.

Go get 'em Josh!
I think they did which is concerning. However, I am not that up on what the Bills are doing so could be completely wrong.
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Hate to say I agree with Phil Simms but he makes some good points about Josh.
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status ... 3203287040 Good article about Josh too:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 555546002/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

TSpoke wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:18 am I think Buffalo lost quite a bit along the line didn't they? I could be wrong; I don't follow them closely.

Go get 'em Josh!
I think they did which is concerning. However, I am not that up on what the Bills are doing so could be completely wrong.
They lost some O linemen including Incognito
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I think it's a perfect fit on a blue collar, roll up your sleeves and get things done community, cold weather and good competition with AJ McCarron......perfect fit, so happy for him although next pick was the other Josh to my Cardinals, sigh..... Get em Josh and as always GO POKES
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:54 am
They lost some O linemen including Incognito
I see this as a positive. While a good player, Incognito is a dirty player and would not like to see Josh Allen's image tied to him.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Glad the hype's over now, but what a great time this all was for media coverage and such putting lowly ole W.Y.O. on the football map, wish nothing but great things for him and it truly was a pleasure to see him live at the War. And to be part of this historical run for #1, #7 is something I don't foresee being bettered, but hope I'm wrong. Also cool to see Taven Bryan go in the 1st round too, NCHS alumi and Wyoming proud.....fun stuff
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

thirtyseven wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:42 am Hate to say I agree with Phil Simms but he makes some good points about Josh.
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status ... 3203287040 Good article about Josh too:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 555546002/
FINALLY A TALKING HEAD TALKING TRUTH!!! Allen's completion percentage was directly impacted by Vigens play calling. Consistent 3rd and long makes for tougher throws than screens and slants on first down!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:35 am Glad the hype's over now, but what a great time this all was for media coverage and such putting lowly ole W.Y.O. on the football map, wish nothing but great things for him and it truly was a pleasure to see him live at the War. And to be part of this historical run for #1, #7 is something I don't foresee being bettered, but hope I'm wrong. Also cool to see Taven Bryan go in the 1st round too, NCHS alumi and Wyoming proud.....fun stuff
I have really only paid attention to him through this draft process, but he kinda seems like a douche. First off, he wasn't Wyoming proud enough to go to Wyoming. That fine, its his choice, but I didn't like it. Second, a number of interviews I have heard him do, he seems really arrogant for really never accomplishing anything... Oooh... You're called Little JJ Watt.... You know what makes you? A normal lineman.... I don't get the undying swooning for Taven.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm not going to blame any Wyoming born player for not wanting to play for DC or choosing to go to a proven top Football school in the middle of a coaching change at Wyoming.

Hell, I don't think I'd blame a kid regardless of where they wanted to go - I don't know all the reasons they could possibly have.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:49 am I'm not going to blame any Wyoming born player for not wanting to play for DC or choosing to go to a proven top Football school in the middle of a coaching change at Wyoming.

Hell, I don't think I'd blame a kid regardless of where they wanted to go - I don't know all the reasons they could possibly have.
I can get on board with that for sure but I am also not going to toot his horn as Wyoming Proud forever or whatever.

And I guess I see it differently about a "proven" program blah blah. Its all about what you do with the opportunity given to you. JA had 1 opportunity and he made the most of it at poop ol Wyoming and left a lasting legacy that will ring through Wyoming footballs history. Taven Bryan will go down as one of many DL to play at Florida. What is his legacy there? Really good, one of the all time greats? No. He could have been an all time great at UW and still gotten to the NFL. Look at our D this upcoming season... There are atleast 4 future NFL players there, maybe more and 2 of them are on the DL. I just don't subscribe that you have to go to a big school to have a future. Leighton Vander Esch is another perfect example of working your tail off and making your name mean something.