no duck decoys set out????

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 4930
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm
Location: Cheyenne, WY

no duck decoys set out????

Post by stymeman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Not much from the enemy colors/fans, would really like see hear what they think, do they think this isn't even worth their time? I have heard the Fowl have decided to go practice at 3600 ft so the 7220 is kinda in their heads, but at least the air will be "somewhat" cleaner. Welcoming all Duck/Waterfowl visitors to talk and have a little fun with this game, I am still amazed Phil Knight didn't break the checkbook out and say why do we have to go to Lowly ol Laramie, Wyoming, kinda excited just for the sake of having a "good" team come to Laramie.
GET EM POKES!!!!!

stymeman
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 4930
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm
Location: Cheyenne, WY

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by stymeman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:30 pm

guess they aren't practicing elsewhere afterall
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... day_p.html

scodux
Buckaroo
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by scodux » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Howdy!

I'll be in Laramie for the game. I am not the kind to come into someone elses territory, pump my chest and tell y'all you have no idea whats coming, but I am excited for the trip.

On top of that, this year is vastly different from Past seasons especially those of recent history. Most duck fans are less concerned with wins and losses this year, and just want to see improvement under new head coach Willie Taggart, and that's what I am hoping to see on Saturday.

Any food recommendations in Laramie? I'll only have about 3-4 hours before kick off to be able to "Soak" in the city.

User avatar
Asmodeanreborn
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 4707
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by Asmodeanreborn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:08 pm

scodux wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm
Howdy!

I'll be in Laramie for the game. I am not the kind to come into someone elses territory, pump my chest and tell y'all you have no idea whats coming, but I am excited for the trip.

On top of that, this year is vastly different from Past seasons especially those of recent history. Most duck fans are less concerned with wins and losses this year, and just want to see improvement under new head coach Willie Taggart, and that's what I am hoping to see on Saturday.

Any food recommendations in Laramie? I'll only have about 3-4 hours before kick off to be able to "Soak" in the city.
I think you have more reason for swagger than the Iowa fans did, even though you're coming to 7220. That Nebraska stomping was impressive.

As for food, I no longer reside in Laramie, but I always enjoy Altitude Chophouse and Brewery for local beer and solid food (though they discontinued their best menu item: Deep-Fried Pepperjack Cheese Sticks), and Corona Village because it's easy to get to and pretty solid "Mexican" food.

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 am

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by wyokoke » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 pm

scodux wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm
Howdy!

I'll be in Laramie for the game. I am not the kind to come into someone elses territory, pump my chest and tell y'all you have no idea whats coming, but I am excited for the trip.

On top of that, this year is vastly different from Past seasons especially those of recent history. Most duck fans are less concerned with wins and losses this year, and just want to see improvement under new head coach Willie Taggart, and that's what I am hoping to see on Saturday.

Any food recommendations in Laramie? I'll only have about 3-4 hours before kick off to be able to "Soak" in the city.
Any certain kind of food or just general stuff?

User avatar
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: WY

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by wyocowboy2014 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:19 pm

scodux wrote:Howdy!

I'll be in Laramie for the game. I am not the kind to come into someone elses territory, pump my chest and tell y'all you have no idea whats coming, but I am excited for the trip.

On top of that, this year is vastly different from Past seasons especially those of recent history. Most duck fans are less concerned with wins and losses this year, and just want to see improvement under new head coach Willie Taggart, and that's what I am hoping to see on Saturday.

Any food recommendations in Laramie? I'll only have about 3-4 hours before kick off to be able to "Soak" in the city.
Best beer is Coal Creek. Sweet Melissa’s has good vegetarian food. Believe me, I fought going there for a long time, but I was missing out. Alibi is a great bar with a cool backyard. Visit the Buck because you have to. Crow Bar is good for pizza and burgers. I personally think Corona Village is a poor excuse for Mexican food, but to each their own. Have an awesome weekend!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 3601
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by ItSucksToBeACSURam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Born in a Barn has great wings and burgers. The Library has great local beer. Anongs has great Thai food. Hope you enjoy your time in Laradise and hope both teams play hard and have no injuries!
Image

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 am

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by wyokoke » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Best burger is Born in a Barn
Best wings is Doiuble Dubs (food truck) if you can find it, otherwise Born in a Barn or Library, Lovejoys also solid
Best beer Coal Creek
Plenty of bars if you're after that. One of my good drinking buddies here is a ducks fan actually

scodux
Buckaroo
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by scodux » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 am

Thanks for the suggestions!

I was late getting a hotel and by the time I started looking, the only thing left was a motel 6. I am driving from Salt Lake with a couple of buddies so we opted to stay in Rawlins Friday night at a hotel a little less "hooker friendly", then drive to Laramie and get there by noon on Saturday and tour the city and hang out til kick off. We have a rocky mountain alumni tailgate but I am hoping to take in a couple of the suggestions you guys gave me before that. We are driving back to Rawlins after the game so we won't have a whole lot of time but excited nonetheless.

Not really looking for anything specific as far as food goes, might have to try a couple places!

I got my tickets through the UO ath. department so I am in the Oregon section (BB) Living outside of Oregon, I attend more away games than home games so its always a pleasure to meet and interact with different fan bases. Except for the Huskies, they can go to hell. ;)

stymeman
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 4930
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm
Location: Cheyenne, WY

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by stymeman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:08 am

Totally agree on Born in a Barn, but get there fairly early as they open around 11 and it's not a huge place, and yes Double Dubs has killer wings outta a food truck, can eat in their double decker bus, find them on facebook. Enjoy the Buckhorn as well, and welcome to Lartown and the area......GO POKES

WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 am

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by WilyWapiti » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:06 am

3-4 hours?

Damn, just go straight to tailgate...

ww

User avatar
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:08 pm
Location: The ACME Corporation

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by Wyolie Coyote » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:57 am

scodux wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 am
Thanks for the suggestions!

I was late getting a hotel and by the time I started looking, the only thing left was a motel 6. I am driving from Salt Lake with a couple of buddies so we opted to stay in Rawlins Friday night at a hotel a little less "hooker friendly", then drive to Laramie and get there by noon on Saturday and tour the city and hang out til kick off. We have a rocky mountain alumni tailgate but I am hoping to take in a couple of the suggestions you guys gave me before that. We are driving back to Rawlins after the game so we won't have a whole lot of time but excited nonetheless.

Not really looking for anything specific as far as food goes, might have to try a couple places!

I got my tickets through the UO ath. department so I am in the Oregon section (BB) Living outside of Oregon, I attend more away games than home games so its always a pleasure to meet and interact with different fan bases. Except for the Huskies, they can go to hell. ;)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but every place in Rawlins looks "hooker friendly"......
Image

scodux
Buckaroo
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by scodux » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

I said "a little less hooker friendly" than a motel 6

a little bit of hooker friendly is okay, I just want a little less. :)

User avatar
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1240
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 pm
Location: Denver

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by PokeOLoco » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 am

Anong's- Thai
Born in a Barn + Lovejoys bar food
Beer- The Library + Altitude + Coal Creek
Hard drinking and life examination- the cowboy + the buckhorn..... I prefers Mulligans or O'Dwyers
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.

User avatar
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: WY

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by wyocowboy2014 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am

scodux wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 am
Thanks for the suggestions!

I was late getting a hotel and by the time I started looking, the only thing left was a motel 6. I am driving from Salt Lake with a couple of buddies so we opted to stay in Rawlins Friday night at a hotel a little less "hooker friendly", then drive to Laramie and get there by noon on Saturday and tour the city and hang out til kick off. We have a rocky mountain alumni tailgate but I am hoping to take in a couple of the suggestions you guys gave me before that. We are driving back to Rawlins after the game so we won't have a whole lot of time but excited nonetheless.

Not really looking for anything specific as far as food goes, might have to try a couple places!

I got my tickets through the UO ath. department so I am in the Oregon section (BB) Living outside of Oregon, I attend more away games than home games so its always a pleasure to meet and interact with different fan bases. Except for the Huskies, they can go to hell. ;)
Actually if you are in Rawlins, hit Anong's there for dinner.
Image

User avatar
LanderPoke
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by LanderPoke » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 am

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am
scodux wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 am
Thanks for the suggestions!

I was late getting a hotel and by the time I started looking, the only thing left was a motel 6. I am driving from Salt Lake with a couple of buddies so we opted to stay in Rawlins Friday night at a hotel a little less "hooker friendly", then drive to Laramie and get there by noon on Saturday and tour the city and hang out til kick off. We have a rocky mountain alumni tailgate but I am hoping to take in a couple of the suggestions you guys gave me before that. We are driving back to Rawlins after the game so we won't have a whole lot of time but excited nonetheless.

Not really looking for anything specific as far as food goes, might have to try a couple places!

I got my tickets through the UO ath. department so I am in the Oregon section (BB) Living outside of Oregon, I attend more away games than home games so its always a pleasure to meet and interact with different fan bases. Except for the Huskies, they can go to hell. ;)
Actually if you are in Rawlins, hit Anong's there for dinner.
Or Su Casa in Sinclair

scodux
Buckaroo
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by scodux » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:57 am

How about recommendations for parking? Is there any place that's a little easier/more convenient than others? Somewhere where I can park my car with a huge Oregon O on it and not have it vandalized preferably!

User avatar
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: WY

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by wyocowboy2014 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:01 pm

scodux wrote:How about recommendations for parking? Is there any place that's a little easier/more convenient than others? Somewhere where I can park my car with a huge Oregon O on it and not have it vandalized preferably!
I’d park south of the stadium by Washington Park. It’s in a nice residential area, away from students


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
wyoair
Ranch Hand
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:04 am
Location: Torrington, Woming

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by wyoair » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:18 pm

LanderPoke wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 am
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am
scodux wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 am
Thanks for the suggestions!

I was late getting a hotel and by the time I started looking, the only thing left was a motel 6. I am driving from Salt Lake with a couple of buddies so we opted to stay in Rawlins Friday night at a hotel a little less "hooker friendly", then drive to Laramie and get there by noon on Saturday and tour the city and hang out til kick off. We have a rocky mountain alumni tailgate but I am hoping to take in a couple of the suggestions you guys gave me before that. We are driving back to Rawlins after the game so we won't have a whole lot of time but excited nonetheless.

Not really looking for anything specific as far as food goes, might have to try a couple places!

I got my tickets through the UO ath. department so I am in the Oregon section (BB) Living outside of Oregon, I attend more away games than home games so its always a pleasure to meet and interact with different fan bases. Except for the Huskies, they can go to hell. ;)
Actually if you are in Rawlins, hit Anong's there for dinner.
Or Su Casa in Sinclair
I'll add to Su Casa, Lariat or Cloverleaf in Rawlins as well. Rawlins does have excellent Mexican food despite its overall appeal lol.

User avatar
phxpoke
Cowpoke
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: The Valley of The Sun

Re: no duck decoys set out????

Post by phxpoke » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 pm

I could use some advice. I'm bringing my wife to he first Wyo game. Her first time ever in Wyoming! I would like to take for an afternoon hike. Should we go to Snowy Range or Vedauwoo? Any advice is helpful.

Post Reply